Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Ranger vs Isles AKA Simon goes McSorley

OT: Ranger vs Isles AKA Simon goes McSorley

...on Hollwegg to retaliate on a non-call of boarding. In my opinion it was worst than McSorley's hit since Hollwegg was coming into the slash to the face. If it had hit his throat instead of chin, he would have a crushed larynx or been DOA.

Looks like ESPN will have it's play of the day and Simon will be getting a huge suspension.

Is there a video of this anywhere?

Jets Insider VIP
    Hollweg hit him cleanly near the boards. He retaliates like a *****. **** Simon.

Rangers pick up the points the win and a spot in the palyoffs...for now. Simon will get a huuuge fine and supsension. Ryan will be fine.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Ranjas got lucky on the disallowed goal.

Comparing this to McSorley is a bit over the top. Simon will get a multi-game suspension (probably two or three) and a fine.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    Ranjas got lucky on the disallowed goal.
    Good game for the Devils. And oh yeah...their was NO clear evidence that that puck crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    Hollweg hit him cleanly near the boards. He retaliates like a *****. **** Simon.

Rangers pick up the points the win and a spot in the palyoffs...for now. Simon will get a huuuge fine and supsension. Ryan will be fine.
    woah woah, down boy, they haven't picked up a playoff spot just yet, as there is a lot of time to go.

i root for the rangers to get to the 7th seed though, so you guys have my blessing

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Hemorrhage
    Comparing this to McSorley is a bit over the top. Simon will get a multi-game suspension (probably two or three) and a fine.
    Dude...that aint a or 3 game supsension. Prob the rest of the last 15 games.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life
    woah woah, down boy, they haven't picked up a playoff spot just yet, as there is a lot of time to go.

i root for the rangers to get to the 7th seed though, so you guys have my blessing
    did you read what I wrote RIGHT after that?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Good game for the Devils. And oh yeah...their was NO clear evidence that that puck crossed.
    Not until play resumed did the MSG camera show the replay that would've confirmed it. This was according to the 1050ESN Radio crew.

Jets Insider VIP
    Not until play resumed did the MSG camera show the replay that would've confirmed it.
    Not true. They showed every angle.

did you read what I wrote RIGHT after that?
    no

you're still wrong

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Not true. They showed every angle.
    Damn, listen to 1050 NOW. You didn't let me finish typing. The MSG Network showed the replay after play had already resumed. The goal was good, just not called that way. Oh well, them's the breaks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Rangers win. Enough said. 3 in a row. On a streak...lets keep on keeping on.

Ahh I need to see this. Video anyone!?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    Ahh I need to see this. Video anyone!?
    it'll probably be on youtube shortly

Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life
    it'll probably be on youtube shortly
    hey friend, what about the Devils' heart-stopping win tonight? Catch Buffalo perhaps? Not likely, but we play them Saturday, and we got a shmall chance.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfCityJet
    ...on Hollwegg to retaliate on a non-call of boarding. In my opinion it was worst than McSorley's hit since Hollwegg was coming into the slash to the face. If it had hit his throat instead of chin, he would have a crushed larynx or been DOA.

Looks like ESPN will have it's play of the day and Simon will be getting a huge suspension.
    That was a dirty dirty move with his stick. I wouldnt be surprised if he gets a 10-12 game suspension without pay...and well deserved.

Nice 2 point pickup though! We needed that BAD.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfCityJet

What's dumb about it is lets say a fan ran on the ice and hit hollweg with a hockey stick in the chin, narrowly missing his throat. Would he only get a 5 minute penalty and suspension as well? What I am saying is just like mcsorley, simon should be arrested for assault at the scene.

Veteran
    Damn, listen to 1050 NOW. You didn't let me finish typing. The MSG Network showed the replay after play had already resumed. The goal was good, just not called that way. Oh well, them's the breaks.
    The ENTIRE puck needs to break the plane and from all the angles it didnt clearly do that. Either way, you're right, thats the break we finally get. All year its been rough and we were owed some positive result.