Thread: Snubbed

Undrafted Free Agent

Snubbed

I think Syracuse received a big time snub. How can a team like Duke, who finished 8-8 in conference play, get in and the Orangemen be left out? The Big East has 5 top 20 teams in it and the Orangemen still managed to be 10-6 in the league. Even Drexel shoul have been in before the Dukies.

Syracuse got absolutely robbed... they beat a lot of big time teams, too, including Georgetown.

Syracuse did not belong, I agree duke was seedd too high but they did belong to get in. The ACC was the bst conference this year, the BE was 4 or 5. As usual SU had a creampufff non-conf sched and they still lost 4 games, they beat 3 quality teams all year w/ 2 of them coming at home. They lost 3-4 awful games and fattened their record on the lousy bottom of the BE. SU did not belong and I am happy the committee got it right although they screwed up not taking FSU.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    Syracuse got absolutely robbed... they beat a lot of big time teams, too, including Georgetown.
    If by alot you man 1 then I agree. They beat 3 quality teams and one potential big time team. They beat good teams in 'Nova and marquette and then they beat GU- that's it! their next best win was probably Holy Cross.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    I agree duke was seedd too high but they did belong to get in. The ACC was the bst conference this year, the BE was 4 or 5.
    How can you say the Big East is 4 or 5 at best. The ACC has 2 teams that finished in the Top 25 rankings while the Big East has 5 all in the top 20. Duke, NC, Maryland all had a bunch of cupcake wins just like the Big East teams. Hell NC played Gardner - Webb and High Point. I think the committe let some of these teams in beacuse of thier names and beacuse they would be a bigger draw.

As far a Florida State goes they finished 3-7 down the stretch and didnt even have a winning conference record. If you cant finish at .500 in your conference then you Definately don't deserve to bin in the Big Dance.

Actually according to the RPI the BE is the 5th best conf.

5 top 20 teams b/c they get to beat up on all the bottom feeders in the BE. The BE has so many bad teams that the upper half gets to fatten their record on bad teams, that didn't happen int he ACC this year. Teams just knocked each other off every week and even carolina who probably has the most talent in the Country lost 5 games in conf.

Every team has cupcake wins but when the cupcakes highlight your sched then you know you have a problem and that is always the case for SU.

FSU was 3-7 BUt they were w/o starting PG Toney Douglas and when he came back they started to win again. In the non-conf they beat Florida who is the #1 overall seed, they played Pitt and Wisconsin, they beat providence and in the ACC they beat Va tech, they beat MD, they won at duke, they beat NC State who was playing well down the stretch. FSU belonged in the Tourney and certainly they were a bigger snub than SU.

Well, the best conference in basketball has 1 team in the sweet sixteen.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJet
    and was 5-2 after rd 1 while the Be had more loses despite less teams. The ACC was best top to bottom, if we had 5-6 bad teams like the BE we would have had more 2 and 3 seeds like GU and Pitt and would have more teams in the sweet 16. If Pitt and Gu played in the ACC they would have had enough lsoses to drop them to a 5 or 6 seed. You did see GU breese through the BE Tourney but when they faced an ACC team the other day they had to fight for their lives to pull it out late- those are the types of games they would have had to play all year if they played in the ACC.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJet
    The "snubbed" Orange just had their season ended by the 8th place team in the ACC.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    The "snubbed" Orange just had their season ended by the 8th place team in the ACC.
    I suppose I could blame it on the seeding and say Syracuse should have been playing at home...but I'll just say Syracuse lost fair and square, and made it as far as the snubbed FSU.
    Last edited by OrangeJet; 03-24-2007 at 04:30 PM.