Thread: T. Jones & J. Jones In Green & White

T. Jones & J. Jones In Green & White

Not really a need as much anymore but for the right price I would take Jones and Jones in the backfield. Would be a lot of fun. Later C. Houston.

Not sure how long J. Jones has left on his rookie deal but if its 2 or 3 years and we can get him for 5th rounder or less I would consider it. I'm a big fan of Notre Dame and J. Jones was a monster there his last season. Has been a bit disappointing in the pro's but I'm sure his brother being on the team would only fuel both of their desires to play well.

Thoughts?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nfl/index.html

The Cowboys aren't exactly shopping Julius Jones, but they've told teams that have inquired about him that he's for sale for the right price. Cowboys owner-GM Jerry Jones apparently is prepared to hitch his wagon to the team's other young running back, Marion Barber.
    -- Philadelphia Daily News

The Cowboys said they will trade Julius Jones for the right price, and possibly switch over to RB Marion Barber.

Nice fantasy, but are you really serious?

I mean really? Do you understand how the NFL works at all?

Just because you're making a homer call and a HALF to get brothers in the backfield, which I will attest would be very cool to see.

BUT ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

PUT DOWN THE PIPE

With T. Jones and L. Washington there may not be enough carries to go around as it is. C. Houston will likely spend most of his time on the inactive list this season. So I would rather keep the #5 or whatever pick it would cost then see J. Jones in a Jets uniform.

Hall Of Fame
    I think its way more important to sign Rod and Cosey Coleman to join Eric, Drew and Kenyon.

All Coleman..All the Time!

Relax

It was just for fun for a couple of us ND homer fans

Right up there with the lets draft Brian leonard because he's from Rutgers fans.

Now if you suggested we trade Kellen Clemens and, say, a #4 pick in this year's draft for the opportunity to draft B. Quinn, I'd have to consider that.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJets69
    Nice fantasy, but are you really serious?

I mean really? Do you understand how the NFL works at all?

Just because you're making a homer call and a HALF to get brothers in the backfield, which I will attest would be very cool to see.

BUT ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

PUT DOWN THE PIPE
    whoa, calm down..

Always liked Julius Jones... I feel he was always underused and under appreciated in Dal. Thread is kinda funny tho.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx
    I think its way more important to sign Rod and Cosey Coleman to join Eric, Drew and Kenyon.

All Coleman..All the Time!
    ...and if Herm was still here he could have a BBQ with a bunch of Coleman grills!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Green Dude
    Always liked Julius Jones... I feel he was always underused and under appreciated in Dal. Thread is kinda funny tho.
    I don't think so, Julius is just like his brother, hard working, but inconsistently breaks out a big one. They are both heavily dependent on their O-line to make big plays.
    Marion Barber is a better balanced back and will push the line. I don't blame them for considering Jones as trade bait, especially if they want whats best for jones

Don't think Dallas would consider a 5th rounder the right price.

we should Eli and Peyton AND Tiki and Ronde too.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by joemusgo
    Now if you suggested we trade Kellen Clemens and, say, a #4 pick in this year's draft for the opportunity to draft B. Quinn, I'd have to consider that.
    wow, talk about hitting the pipe

All League
    Only if they throw in Romo and Williams , then I would consider it for a 7th rounder...

sounds like youre just looking for a gimmick

leon washington will do just fine with jones (thomas)

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

You've got to be kidding me.