Thread: Jets leaving NY, gain for the Giants.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets leaving NY, gain for the Giants.

Partnering up with a classy organization like the Giants is a good move.

However, with the Jets leaving their long island roots behind, as well as NY, we missed the opportunity to really establish our identity as NY's team, physically. Because of this fact, it is a relief to the Giants we partnered up, rather than possibly seize that opportunity, in NY, solely for the NYJ.

This is identity, I'm talking about. It's not so much of what we're losing here, with the path chosen, as much as what could've been gained.

The Giants will still practice in the state capital, so with the Bills, they will be the teams who really play in NY. Thanks Jay, great job.

Anyone still remember Woody's promise?

I know we save money and this should be in the best interest, as we split the cost, and I've been schooled on the company line, but I just can't help but think, we, as an organization, dropped the ball.

I chalk it up to another missed opportunity.

At least Jay Cross and Co. have zero say in personal decisions.
    What they are still doing employed by the team is beyond me.

Was the goal not to have the Jets play in NY, where our roots are?

Our scouts, and FO, do an outstanding job, and Woody is a great owner, who say what you want, recognizes and allows the FO to work as it should. And aside from his public promise to NYJ fans, he is a man of his word.

Life goes on, and as far as the Jets go, all that really matters, is what happens on the field. In this regard, we are upward and onward, with Eric, Mike, and co. And we'll be here for the long haul.

Would have been so much sweeter, directly in front of NY.
    Last edited by JOHNNY JOHNSON; 03-13-2007 at 07:31 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNNY JOHNSON
    Partnering up with a classy organization like the Giants is a good move.

However, with the Jets leaving their long island roots behind, as well as NY, we missed the opportunity to really establish our identity as NY's team, physically. Because of this fact, it is a relief to the Giants we partnered up, rather than possibly seize that opportunity, in NY, solely for the NYJ.

This is identity, I'm talking about. It's not so much of what we're losing here, with the path chosen, as much as what could've been gained.

The Giants will still practice in the state capital, so with the Bills, they will be the teams who really play in NY. Thanks Jay, great job.

Anyone still remember Woody's promise?

I know we save money and this should be in the best interest, as we split the cost, and I've been schooled on the company line, but I just can't help but think, we, as an organization, dropped the ball.

I chalk it up to another missed opportunity.

At least Jay Cross and Co. have zero say in personal decisions.
    What they are still doing employed by the team is beyond me.

Was the goal not to have the Jets play in NY, where our roots are?

Our scouts, and FO, do an outstanding job, and Woody is a great owner, who say what you want, recognizes and allows the FO to work as it should. And aside from his public promise to NYJ fans, he is a man of his word.

Life goes on, and as far as the Jets go, all that really matters, is what happens on the field. In this regard, we are upward and onward, with Eric, Mike, and co. And we'll be here for the long haul.

Would have been so much sweeter, directly in front of NY.
    Time for us to get over this travesty. I hate the fact that we are going to share a stadium with the giaints. That area is Giaints territory and the JETS will remain second class citizens, regardless of what anyone says. Who else shares a football stadium? The JETS! Ok, I vented but I will never get over it! I wonder how long until the new stadium is referred to as the new GIANTS STADIUM? iTS COMING!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey i was just wondering what you think about chad pennington starting for us next year...???? you think it's time to see what clemens has got?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we should protest, maybe hold some signs up at training camp. We can't lose our identity. We need to stick with our heritage. I will never, NEVER stop fighting for us to keep our tradition as...The New York Titans! Bring back the name. Tennessee is screwing us over!

(My point: Sometimes you just need to let things go people!)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    dump

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The City of New York Politics is why the Jets are going to Jersey. I hate it too but I really can't blame Woody.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Enough of this - not again.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet
    Time for us to get over this travesty. I hate the fact that we are going to share a stadium with the giaints. That area is Giaints territory and the JETS will remain second class citizens, regardless of what anyone says. Who else shares a football stadium? The JETS! Ok, I vented but I will never get over it! I wonder how long until the new stadium is referred to as the new GIANTS STADIUM? iTS COMING!
    hate to say it, but i have to agree, and missed opportunities aren't always easy to get over. I have issue with not capitalizing on NY for the NYJ, when that is exactly what was intended. Now the NYJ leave NY altogether.

The sharing issue is somewhat petty, I admit, especially in terms of what this means to a team. Really that's all to do with perception and fans. Angry fans have Woody and Jay to thank for any heckling you'll receive as 2nd class citizens to the G men.

Thank Bruno and Sheldon as well, as NY pols didn't want the Jets, again.

Regardless, Our real identity is carved out daily, on and off the field, by our players, coaches, and FO.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    hey i was just wondering what you think about chad pennington starting for us next year...???? you think it's time to see what clemens has got?
    Absolutely. Whenever he proves ready.
    Last edited by JOHNNY JOHNSON; 03-13-2007 at 08:33 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NFL NYJETS
    The City of New York Politics is why the Jets are going to Jersey. I hate it too but I really can't blame Woody.
    I agree. Exactly why NOT to make promises you can't keep.
    I have no issue with Woody, other than that embarrassment.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet
    Enough of this - not again.
    The truth hurts sometimes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NFL NYJETS
    Nonsense. The politicians we put in office would never turn against us. None of the blame should come back to us.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This gets put in the dump, with all the sh-t clogging the main board?
    That's just b-tch. Pure b-tch.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mods, what's the problem here? Just too much for some people?

I'd really like an answer so please, any mod, enlighten me.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of all the topics, this is off limits? Banned to the dump. What a f-ckin joke.

Is this not a NYJ message board? Are opinions welcome, or not?

I just want to get this straight so i know how to be a true a--hole, that way the next time a topic has been murdered to death, so to speak, I know in no way on God's green earth, can it possibly be discussed months later on JI.

Is this the new rule that now applies?

Let me guess, double standard.

Nice work petejet, pat yourself on the back. C-ck sucker.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Also,

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Of all the topics, this is off limits? Banned to the dump. What a f-ckin joke.

Is this not a NYJ message board? Are opinions welcome, or not?

I just want to get this straight so i know how to be a true a--hole, that way the next time a topic has been murdered to death, so to speak, I know in no way on God's green earth, can it possibly be discussed months later on JI.

Is this the new rule that now applies?

Let me guess, double standard.

while I agree that perhaps this should have been left on the front page, you cannot speak to anyone let alone a mod like that.

3 days off