Thread: Pete Rose: "I bet on my team every night"

Pete Rose: "I bet on my team every night"

Pete Rose revealed Wednesday that he bet on the Reds "every night" while he was manager of the team and that the Dowd Report was correct when it said he did so.

Rose spoke Wednesday with Dan Patrick and Keith Olbermann on ESPN Radio to discuss the new Pete Rose exhibit that will be on display at the Great American Ballpark as part of the Reds Hall of Fame. The exhibit will be on display for 11 months.

"I bet on my team every night. I didn't bet on my team four nights a week. I was wrong," Rose said.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2798498

On the one hand, if he was just straight-up with everyone years ago and admitted he bet on baseball, he could have easily been in the Hall of Fame by now.

On the other hand, betting on your own team is low... it's really, really, really low. If he bet on the other teams but at least had the ethics to stay from his team and any teams he was playing against, then that's different.

I saw him in Vegas at an autograph signing, and no one was waiting on line to meet him. He looked really pathetic.

All Pro

GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY!

I though he died and went to Las vegas...

Jets Insider VIP
    This is old news. He said that numerous times.. I guess the media has to find something, with the season about to start.

Quote Originally Posted by 24
    This is old news. He said that numerous times.. I guess the media has to find something, with the season about to start.
    Actually it isn't, he said he bet on baseball before but not on the Reds. Now he's admitting to betting on his team every night.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m
    Actually it isn't, he said he bet on baseball before but not on the Reds. Now he's admitting to betting on his team every night.
    No I remember him saying on a couple of occasions that exact sentence. "I BET ON MY TEAM EVERYDAY, I WAS THAT CONFIDENT" I can name two places where he said it. Once on Best damn sports show...And again on "Quite Frankly"

No I remember him saying on a couple of occasions that exact sentence. "I BET ON MY TEAM EVERYDAY, I WAS THAT CONFIDENT" I can name two places where he said it. Once on Best damn sports show...And again on "Quite Frankly"
    link?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    link?
    Try to find the Steva smith interview on the net....... Obviously if the media has just picked up on this. It wont be easy to have a link available.

Try to find the Steva smith interview on the net....... Obviously if the media has just picked up on this. It wont be easy to have a link available.
    yes, the media has just picked up on it... or, he never said it until now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    yes, the media has just picked up on it... or, he never said it until now.
    Fine dont believe me.. Would I make this up for the hell of it? What would my agenda be?

Fine dont believe me.. Would I make this up for the hell of it? What would my agenda be?
    usually when people bring up something that no one has heard of, they bring the link. i don't think you're making it up, you're just mistaken

trust me, if Rose said this on the SAS show (an ESPN show mind you) - ESPN would be all over it

All Pro
    He mustve lost so much money