Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    It's locked, as is this one.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Am i seeing right? thread has been re-opened?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's the end of an era, I'll tell you that much.

As one of the original members, I say farewell LNF, you were good to me through thick and thin, and I shall remember you always.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get lives?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life
    Discuss?
    Wow, that's bold. Glad I don't work here anymore.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ok I've decided to open this thread again as it seems that this issue is bigger than I thought.

I appreciate the comments from those who have pm'ed me.

Let me say this, it is not one person's fault. Originally that thread and the other LNT was a place for just a few posters that stayed up late, and it would fade off during the day. That was the reason I let it slide so long, the off color stuff sort of got lost. At this point, however due to newer participants, and other reasons I feel it has run it's course.

If you got around certain rules in there that is now part of the reason, it just seems to be spreading discontent around the board and that is not what this place is about. There was plenty of fun had here before that thread, and I venture there will be plenty more had now tht it's closed.

go ahead and discuss... but don't get nasty

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    Wow, that's bold. Glad I don't work here anymore.
    But think about all the fun you've missed out on!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by JETS_for_life; 03-21-2007 at 11:53 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin
    ok I've decided to open this thread again as it seems that this issue is bigger than I thought.

I appreciate the comments from those who have pm'ed me.

Let me say this, it is not one person's fault. Originally that thread and the other LNT was a place for just a few posters that stayed up late, and it would fade off during the day. That was the reason I let it slide so long, the off color stuff sort of got lost. At this point, however due to newer participants, and other reasons I feel it has run it's course.

If you got around certain rules in there that is now part of the reason, it just seems to be spreading discontent around the board and that is not what this place is about. There was plenty of fun had here before that thread, and I venture there will be plenty more had now tht it's closed.

go ahead and discuss... but don't get nasty
    You've always been a fair mod jw, if you think that the thread's run its course then I think your name speaks loud enough on this forum that you shouldn't have to justify it.

Just know that the LNF will live on in the hearts and minds of the people, and hopefully one day the yearning masses can once again congregate for the purpose of crude remarks and borderline-offensive pictures again someday.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was a Late Night Forum thread?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The LAte-Night thread should be in the "Everything Else" forum.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Allow me to translate what my friend Jetswin is getting at .. this thread is officially on double secret probation and you test his patience at your own peril .. so be nice or be gone .. kapeesh, dumb@$$es?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    The LAte-Night thread should be in the "Everything Else" forum.
    no one ever goes there, though. Better to keep all OT random crap in one place, rather than throughout the strip.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    Allow me to translate what my friend Jetswin is getting at .. this thread is officially on double secret probation and you test his patience at your own peril .. so be nice or be gone .. kapeesh, dumb@$$es?
    Was the LNC the Delta House of JI?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    You've always been a fair mod jw, if you think that the thread's run its course then I think your name speaks loud enough on this forum that you shouldn't have to justify it.

Just know that the LNF will live on in the hearts and minds of the people, and hopefully one day the yearning masses can once again congregate for the purpose of crude remarks and borderline-offensive pictures again someday.

You're making me tear up.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham

What did you say? Kapeesh? From now on don't use that word because it hurts my ears when you say it.

What movie?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I went to the LNF a couple of times and saw it wasn't the place for me. So I didn't participate. But obviously lots of others enjoyed it. I mean it did have 6000+ posts when it was locked.

So should the board consider having an adults-only, no-holds-barred section of the forum? A place that might take the more "colorful" posts off of the main board into a more appropriate place. That's just a thought - trying to accommodate everyone on JI.

But maybe Sooth isn't into that so he says "no". Which would be fair enough.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think this may turn out to be the equivalent of closing a federal prison and unconditionally releasing all of the inmates back into the world.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515

What did you say? Kapeesh? From now on don't use that word because it hurts my ears when you say it.

What movie?
    I don't know John, you stumped me