Endy Chavez OF
    en Johnson OF

Rotation
    Tom Glavine
    Orlando Hernandez
    John Maine
    Oliver Perez
    Mike Pelfrey

(Pedro Martinez isn't expected back until August)

Bullpen
    Billy Wagner (Closer)
    Duaner Sanchez
    Aaron Heilman
    Ambiorix Burgos
    Scott Schoeneweis
    Pedro Feliciano
    Jorge Sosa

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Both the Yankees and the Mets have solid lineups. I give the Yankees the slight edge but does it really matter? The Yankees have the overal edge because of their pitching. The Mets have huge problems with there rotation. Very spotty. Who do they have to fill in case of injury or poor performance...Chan Ho Park and Aaron Sele. And the once thought to be solid bullpen is going to leave spring with question marks. Will they be able to get to Billy Wanger? The Yankees on the other hand have a 1-2-3 punch that could match up with anyone in baseball. Also Igawa and Pavano combine for 35 wins the Yankees should be happy. They Yankees also have Jeff Karstens, Humberto Sanchez, Ross Ohlendorf, and of course top prospect Phil Hughes waiting in the wings if that doesn't happen. A lot of depth the Yankees have with their starting pitching.

But that is why they play the game... I love baseball season.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 03-22-2007 at 09:49 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    Lineup
    1. Johnny Damon CF
    2. Derek Jeter SS
    3. Bobby Abreu RF
    4. Alex Rodriguez 3B
    5. Jason Giambi DH
    6. Hideki Matsui LF
    7. Jorge Posada C
    8. Robinson Cano 2B
    9. Doug Mientkiewicz 1B

Bench
    Wil Nieves C
    Miguel Cairo INF/OF
    Andy Phillips INF
    Melky Cabrera OF
    Kevin Thompson OF

Rotation
    Chien-Ming Wang
    Andy Pettitte
    Mike Mussina
    Kei Igawa
    Carl Pavano

Bullpen
    Mariano Rivera (Closer)
    Scott Proctor
    Kyle Farnsworth
    Luis Vizcaino
    Brian Bruney
    Mike Myers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lineup
    1. Jose Reyes SS
    2. Paul Lo Duca C
    3. Carlos Beltran CF
    4. Carlos Delgado 1B
    5. David Wright 3B
    6. Moises Alou LF
    7. Shawn Green RF
    8. Jose Valentin 2B

Bench
    Ramon Castro C
    Julio Franco 1B
    Damion Easley INF
    David Newhan INF/OF
    Endy Chavez OF
    en Johnson OF

Rotation
    Tom Glavine
    Orlando Hernandez
    John Maine
    Oliver Perez
    Mike Pelfrey

(Pedro Martinez isn't expected back until August)

Bullpen
    Billy Wagner (Closer)
    Duaner Sanchez
    Aaron Heilman
    Ambiorix Burgos
    Scott Schoeneweis
    Pedro Feliciano
    Jorge Sosa

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Both the Yankees and the Mets have solid lineups. I give the Yankees the slight edge but does it really matter? The Yankees have the overal edge because of their pitching. The Mets have huge problems with there rotation. Very spotty. Who do they have to fill in case of injury or poor performance...Chan Ho Park and Aaron Sele. And the once thought to be solid bullpen is going to leave spring with question marks. Will they be able to get to Billy Wanger? The Yankees on the other hand have a 1-2-3 punch that could match up with anyone in baseball. Also Igawa and Pavano combine for 35 wins the Yankees should be happy. They Yankees also have Jeff Karstens, Humberto Sanchez, Ross Ohlendorf, and of course top prospect Phil Hughes waiting in the wings if that doesn't happen. A lot of depth the Yankees have with their starting pitching.

But that is why they play the game... I love baseball season.

The mets still easily have the best bullpen in the NL with or without Sanchez... And Pelfrey has been very impressive even though its ST

I fully expect Joe Smith and Lastings Milledge to make the Mets Roster based on the way they've been playing in the Spring as well.

Not to mention it's not just Pedro Martinez that is coming back, Dave Williams, Guillermo Mota, Duaner Sanchez, and Juan Padilla will not likely be on the opening day roster and will be coming back over the course of the season, and that's half a pitching staff right there.

The Mets pitching might struggle to start the year, but it's only going to get stronger and stronger as the year goes on and people come back from injury/suspension and by the time the playoffs roll around they should be firing on all cylinders.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m
    I fully expect Joe Smith and Lastings Milledge to make the Mets Roster based on the way they've been playing in the Spring as well.

Not to mention it's not just Pedro Martinez that is coming back, Dave Williams, Guillermo Mota, Duaner Sanchez, and Juan Padilla will not likely be on the opening day roster and will be coming back over the course of the season, and that's half a pitching staff right there.

The Mets pitching might struggle to start the year, but it's only going to get stronger and stronger as the year goes on and people come back from injury/suspension and by the time the playoffs roll around they should be firing on all cylinders.
    First I want to see what Milledge can do against breaking pitches, its tough to get a feel if a position player can contribute during ST. .Also the Mets dont want Milledge to be on the team if he wont play everyday.

fully expect milledge to be on it? you might be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by 24

The mets still easily have the best bullpen in the NL with or without Sanchez... And Pelfrey has been very impressive even though its ST

That isn't saying much...

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    fully expect milledge to be on it? you might be disappointed.
    He is hitting .370 this spring in his 46 at bats as opposed to Shawn Green who is hitting .154 in 52 at bats this spring. The difference in production is impossible to ignore and Willie knows it as he acknowledged that he was open to platooning them today, although he's still trying to claim that Shawn Green his his Right Fielder (Much like Kazuo Matsui 'was his Second Baseman' last year), but Milledge will end up making the roster and they will platoon, until at one point Green is completely fased out because Milledge is much more productive.

He is hitting .370 this spring in his 46 at bats as opposed to Shawn Green who is hitting .154 in 52 at bats this spring. The difference in production is impossible to ignore and Willie knows it as he acknowledged that he was open to platooning them today, although he's still trying to claim that Shawn Green his his Right Fielder (Much like Kazuo Matsui 'was his Second Baseman' last year), but Milledge will end up making the roster and they will platoon, until at one point Green is completely fased out because Milledge is much more productive.
    i realize that but it's much worse if you bring up Milledge and he tanks with Green dumped than the other way around.

they're probably going to give Green a chance. he'll either hang himself or produce to be trade bait - meanwhile Lastings can get that last bit of AAA prep while boosting his trade value.

idk, the yankees rotation doesn't impress me one bit.......

i honestly don't see how you can give the yankees an edge there........

Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    idk, the yankees rotation doesn't impress me one bit.......

i honestly don't see how you can give the yankees an edge there........
    Come on dude... When The Yankees #3 guy would be The Mets #1.. thats when you give The Yankees the edge.

All League
    Come on dude... When The Yankees #3 guy would be The Mets #1.. thats when you give The Yankees the edge.
    Funny, because Tom Glavine is the best of all 10.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Icer
    Tom Glavine in the AL East would have an ERA of 6. Are you really going to tell me if he had to face the Yankees 5 times a year, Boston 5 times a year, and Toronto 5 times a year he wouldn't get lit up?

Moose is getting old, but he dominates Glavine. A 5 ERA in the AL East is a high 3 in the NL, minimum.

hey, if that's your opinion then that's cool.......let's make a bet that the mets staff does better than the yanks staff this year.........

come up with some criteria for judging them, and we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob
    Tom Glavine in the AL East would have an ERA of 6. Are you really going to tell me if he had to face the Yankees 5 times a year, Boston 5 times a year, and Toronto 5 times a year he wouldn't get lit up?

Moose is getting old, but he dominates Glavine. A 5 ERA in the AL East is a high 3 in the NL, minimum.

hypothetical situations really make convincing arguments...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I don't know if I can deal with the excitement and comedy of watching Milledge in the OF again this year...

Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    hey, if that's your opinion then that's cool.......let's make a bet that the mets staff does better than the yanks staff this year.........

come up with some criteria for judging them, and we'll see.
    Alright at the end of the season we can check back and look who got more wins out there starting pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Icer
    That made me laugh out loud.

That made me laugh out loud.
    Chien-Ming Wang - good number 3
    Andy Pettitte - 4.2 ERA in the NL
    Mike Mussina - Old, 3.96 ERA in the second half last year
    Kei Igawa - has never thrown a pitch in the ML
    Carl Pavano - ummm yeagh, put your balls in his basket

The rotations are close, when Pedro comes back the mets pull away........and lets not even compare bullpens.

wake up and stfu.

Veteran
    Thats because the Yankee #3 guy is arguably their #1 guy. -although I agree with you given the rosters above, the Yank rotation is better than the Mets. I do think the Mets lineup can be just as explosive as the Yankee lineup, but the Mets speed gives them the edge. Also I think Yanks are happy with 35 wins from Igawa, PAvano AND Pettite.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-O-Gold
    Chien-Ming Wang - good number 3
    Andy Pettitte - 4.2 ERA in the NL
    Mike Mussina - Old, 3.96 ERA in the second half last year
    Kei Igawa - has never thrown a pitch in the ML
    Carl Pavano - ummm yeagh, put your balls in his basket

The rotations are close, when Pedro comes back the mets pull away........and lets not even compare bullpens.

wake up and stfu.

I agree, actually, except for the last part. When Pedro comes back, Clemens might be coming back for the Yankees as well. It might be closer than you think.