Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: QT: Fantasy Baseball Sleepers

  1. #1
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    200
    Post Thanks / Like

    QT: Fantasy Baseball Sleepers

    1) Prince Fielder
    2) Carlos Quentin
    2) Daniel Cabrera
    4) Rich Harden


    Add to this list....

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nick Markakis
    Rickie Weeks
    Rich Hill
    Matt Cain
    Erik Bedard
    Ryan Zimmerman (not really a sleeper)
    Takishi Saito
    Salmon Torres
    Josh Barfield
    Scott Olsen
    John Maine
    Austin Kearns

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    10,505
    Post Thanks / Like
    Markakis
    Cuddyer

    Anibal Sanchez

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    10,505
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also:

    Mike MacDougal
    Bobby Howry

    I see know way in hell that Dempster and Jenks hold these two off from closer's roles.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stephen Drew
    Ronny Paulino
    Brad Hawpe

  6. #6
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Willie
    Mo
    Pena

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockland, New York
    Posts
    5,359
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ICWT10
    Also:

    Mike MacDougal
    Bobby Howry

    I see know way in hell that Dempster and Jenks hold these two off from closer's roles.
    Maybe Howry, but i really don't think Macdougal will overtake Jenks. Also, i hear papelbon's going back as the closer.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    10,505
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Voice of Reason
    Maybe Howry, but i really don't think Macdougal will overtake Jenks. Also, i hear papelbon's going back as the closer.
    Ozzie just blasted Jenks in Chicago papers for not being ready to start the season, etc. MacDougal was an All-Star last season. You do the math.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ICWT10
    Ozzie just blasted Jenks in Chicago papers for not being ready to start the season, etc. MacDougal was an All-Star last season. You do the math.
    I could be the all-star rep from the Royals, that isn't saying much.

    BTW: He wasn't even an all-star last year, he was hurt the entire first half of the year.

  10. #10
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Syracuse
    Posts
    649
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adrian Gonzalez

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,480
    Post Thanks / Like
    Matt Capps and Jonathon Broxton - the closers of the future. Can be elite middle relievers/setup men (worth owning for low whip, era, great k/BB or K/9 ratios) who may finish the season as closers.

    Homer Bailey and Yovanni Gallardo - might have the same impact as rookies after midseason call-ups that Jered Weaver did last year

    Alex Gordon - will be on the Royals opening day roster, which means he's their starting 3d baseman (they aren't going to stunt his development by sitting him). Expect ~25 hrs and a BA around .300

    Mark Teahen (yes, another Royal) - shifts from 3B to OF. Dual position eligibility is a plus, and he went 2.90/18/70/69 in essentially 2/3 of a season, doing most of his damage in the second half. Could hover near 30/100/100. Also had 10 SB in 10 tries, so he's well above average in speed for the 3B spot.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,167
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ICWT10
    Markakis
    Cuddyer

    Anibal Sanchez
    Didn't Anibal Sanchez throw a no hitter last season?

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige
    Didn't Anibal Sanchez throw a no hitter last season?
    He did.

    I think Felix Hernandez will have a huge year.

  14. #14
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,076
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it
    Matt Capps and Jonathon Broxton - the closers of the future. Can be elite middle relievers/setup men (worth owning for low whip, era, great k/BB or K/9 ratios) who may finish the season as closers.

    Homer Bailey and Yovanni Gallardo - might have the same impact as rookies after midseason call-ups that Jered Weaver did last year

    Alex Gordon - will be on the Royals opening day roster, which means he's their starting 3d baseman (they aren't going to stunt his development by sitting him). Expect ~25 hrs and a BA around .300

    Mark Teahen (yes, another Royal) - shifts from 3B to OF. Dual position eligibility is a plus, and he went 2.90/18/70/69 in essentially 2/3 of a season, doing most of his damage in the second half. Could hover near 30/100/100. Also had 10 SB in 10 tries, so he's well above average in speed for the 3B spot.
    I have, somewhat irrationally, fallen in love with Gordon. My league has turned into an auction keeper league, and I know i will overpay for him.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Covina, Ca
    Posts
    1,775
    Post Thanks / Like
    howie kendrick, angels

    taking over for adam kennedy, hit for average and has some power....a steal in the middle ot late rounds....

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliJetsFan
    howie kendrick, angels

    taking over for adam kennedy, hit for average and has some power....a steal in the middle ot late rounds....
    I have him on both my teams and will probably draft him again in my last league.

    I think a player that is going to be a HUGE steal is Chris Young - the CFer for the DBacks. He should put up a 20/20 season easy with good average. I haven't taken him in either league yet, unfortunately.

    I think Tim Hudson could be a late round sleeper too. Reports on him are that he's throwing great.

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    103
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nick Swisher is a sleeper because I've seen him fall wayyyy too far in most drafts. He could hit 40 and 120 this year.

    Grab Harden, Rich Hill, and Matt Cain.

    Anibal Sanchez

    SCOTT OLSEN - great k/9, good whip, young guy

    Russell Martin

    Chris Young (diamondbacks CF)

    conor Jackson and Chad Tracy (should be around in last 2 rounds)

    Oliver Perez

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clover, South Carolina
    Posts
    355
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ryan Garko (Cleveland)
    Jeff Baker (Colorado)
    Tankersley (Florida)
    Josh Bard (San Diego)

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,861
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice thread, What do you guys think about Josh Barfield? Ikey?

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,167
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugzy
    Ryan Garko (Cleveland)
    Jeff Baker (Colorado)
    Tankersley (Florida)
    Josh Bard (San Diego)
    Tankersley is starting the season on the Dl.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us