Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: WashPost Fails to Front-Page Iran's Capture of British Sailors

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,400

    WashPost Fails to Front-Page Iran's Capture of British Sailors

    the liberal media once again showing their true colors....

    WashPost Fails to Front-Page Iran's Capture of British Sailors
    Posted by Ken Shepherd on March 25, 2007 - 14:10.
    On Friday morning, news broke that 15 British servicemen (eights sailors and seven Royal Marines) were seized by Iran. Not the regular naval forces of that country, mind you, but the Revolutionary Guard naval corps, a wing of the military closely controlled by the country's extremist Islamic clerics.

    Happening as it did one day before the UN voted on new sanctions on the nuclear power-hungry, terrorist-funding Islamist regime, you'd think the story would be worthy of front-page coverage in the largest broadsheet in Washington, D.C., right?

    Wrong.The story earned page A11 real estate in the Saturday Post and a follow-up story was buried below the fold on page A12 in the March 25 edition. [continued...]

    Most other stories on the front page for the Washington Post made sense, but perhaps the "Anger Grows Over Tainted Pet Food" story could have been shoved a few pages deeper into the March 24 paper.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...74.html?sub=AR

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY
    the liberal media once again showing their true colors....



    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...74.html?sub=AR
    First of all I don't have a problem with "America First". This looks like another 'smear campaign' attempt by the 'right' trying to get back at the WAPO for Bushco's f up at WRMC.

    Won't work fellas. America First, second, third....Didn't Blair Ditch us in Iraq?

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg
    First of all I don't have a problem with "America First". This looks like another 'smear campaign' attempt by the 'right' trying to get back at the WAPO for Bushco's f up at WRMC.

    Won't work fellas. America First, second, third....Didn't Blair Ditch us in Iraq?
    you seriously are one ignorant clown....where's the "smear"??

    Iranian taking more westerners hostage is not front page news??? only in the leftist world of a tool like you....

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    4,131

    As an old Infantryman and a Combat vet...

    If that p.o.s. "JetDawgg" was anything more than a KP ranger or scrub admin type (If he really was in the service at ALL), I'm A F%&ING Astronaut.

    The fact that he finds EXCUSES for dirtback SCUM burning an American Serviceman in effigy completely convinces me hes a liberal posing as a vet for credibility.

    And don't try to convince THIS REAL VET. Anyone can find enough info about Paris Island, Ft. Benning, Cape May or anywhere else in the U.S. Military to try to pass themselves off.


    "JetDawgg" is a phony. A poseur. Hes proven it many times in his statements and (lack of) convictions.

    Disagree with the war? Absolutely. Hate the troops? NEVER.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    §omewhere ¯§afe®©¯™
    Posts
    10,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1
    If that p.o.s. "JetDawgg" was anything more than a KP ranger or scrub admin type (If he really was in the service at ALL), I'm A F%&ING Astronaut.

    The fact that he finds EXCUSES for dirtback SCUM burning an American Serviceman in effigy completely convinces me hes a liberal posing as a vet for credibility.

    And don't try to convince THIS REAL VET. Anyone can find enough info about Paris Island, Ft. Benning, Cape May or anywhere else in the U.S. Military to try to pass themselves off.


    "JetDawgg" is a phony. A poseur. Hes proven it many times in his statements and (lack of) convictions.

    Disagree with the war? Absolutely. Hate the troops? NEVER.
    I have to nominate this for post of the year in the political forum.

    Good job!

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY
    you seriously are one ignorant clown....where's the "smear"??

    Iranian taking more westerners hostage is not front page news??? only in the leftist world of a tool like you....
    Interesting you used the word "Hostage"
    From what i have read it appears they were taken as "Prisoners" for actions that may very well have been illegal.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1
    If that p.o.s. "JetDawgg" was anything more than a KP ranger or scrub admin type (If he really was in the service at ALL), I'm A F%&ING Astronaut.

    The fact that he finds EXCUSES for dirtback SCUM burning an American Serviceman in effigy completely convinces me hes a liberal posing as a vet for credibility.

    And don't try to convince THIS REAL VET. Anyone can find enough info about Paris Island, Ft. Benning, Cape May or anywhere else in the U.S. Military to try to pass themselves off.


    "JetDawgg" is a phony. A poseur. Hes proven it many times in his statements and (lack of) convictions.

    Disagree with the war? Absolutely. Hate the troops? NEVER.
    Jesus Christ!
    How many names do you have on this board??
    Im convinced now ! You really are that crazy Army/Navy Store Owner from the movie Falling Down

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,400
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7
    Interesting you used the word "Hostage"
    From what i have read it appears they were taken as "Prisoners" for actions that may very well have been illegal.
    another POS who stands by a terrorist nation....but woe for the prisoners held in Gitmo....

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1
    If that p.o.s. "JetDawgg" was anything more than a KP ranger or scrub admin type (If he really was in the service at ALL), I'm A F%&ING Astronaut.

    The fact that he finds EXCUSES for dirtback SCUM burning an American Serviceman in effigy completely convinces me hes a liberal posing as a vet for credibility.

    And don't try to convince THIS REAL VET. Anyone can find enough info about Paris Island, Ft. Benning, Cape May or anywhere else in the U.S. Military to try to pass themselves off.


    "JetDawgg" is a phony. A poseur. Hes proven it many times in his statements and (lack of) convictions.

    Disagree with the war? Absolutely. Hate the troops? NEVER.

    You couldn't make the bus to PI more or less become a Marine. You don't have what it takes. You have not intestinal fortitude.

    I am not against the troops. I am against the war. Only in your simple mind do you see it as the same thing. The only thing phony is your punk @ss.

    The content from my DD214 has been posted and if your dumb, stupid, ignorant lame @ss could read you wouldn't make such idiotic statements.

    I have never condoned the burning of anything. I don't have to lie and I wouldn't ever lie about being in the Marines. That would put me in the class of an idiot like you.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY
    you seriously are one ignorant clown....where's the "smear"??

    Iranian taking more westerners hostage is not front page news??? only in the leftist world of a tool like you....
    The 'smear' is in the attempt to put that story over the coverage of WRMC. To put that story over the coverage of the GSA corruption. To put that story over our own troops in the ME. To put that story over the Gonzo corruption with the USA.

    The smear comes in when the republicans try to make that story positioning a story to steer the minds (brainwash) people into thinking that sh1t.

    WaPo keeping breaking the real stories like WRMC and the GSA scandal. Dana should get the American Freedom Award for uncovering WRMC. WaPo should get a Putlizer Prize for that coverage alone.

    America first, second, third...

    Also I am not ignorant at all.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY
    the liberal media once again showing their true colors....



    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...74.html?sub=AR
    Wasn't the biased CNN the first to report this?

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg
    The 'smear' is in the attempt to put that story over the coverage of WRMC. To put that story over the coverage of the GSA corruption. To put that story over our own troops in the ME. To put that story over the Gonzo corruption with the USA.

    The smear comes in when the republicans try to make that story positioning a story to steer the minds (brainwash) people into thinking that sh1t.

    WaPo keeping breaking the real stories like WRMC and the GSA scandal. Dana should get the American Freedom Award for uncovering WRMC. WaPo should get a Putlizer Prize for that coverage alone.

    America first, second, third...

    Also I am not ignorant at all.

    you forgot the real story like tainted pet food on page one of the WaComPOst you ignorant bast^rd...

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,984
    I must have missed the day we all became British.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY
    you forgot the real story like tainted pet food on page one of the WaComPOst you ignorant bast^rd...
    Again, not ignorant at all. I just did not name every story on the plate. Just the primary ones about how corrupt this gov't is...

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg
    Again, not ignorant at all. I just did not name every story on the plate. Just the primary ones about how corrupt this gov't is...

    as usual, in rat fashion, you cherry-picked the facts to prove your ignorant agenda...

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY
    as usual, in rat fashion, you cherry-picked the facts to prove your ignorant agenda...
    Funny how this 'ignorant agenda' has proven that FOX is a lie, uncovered how vets don't get the proper treatment after initial care....

    Oh let me stop you never want to comment on those facts......

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg
    Funny how this 'ignorant agenda' has proven that FOX is a lie, uncovered how vets don't get the proper treatment after initial care....

    Oh let me stop you never want to comment on those facts......
    and all along keith loserman, prison planet, daily koz, truthout tell it like it is....

    oh, let me stop- you never want to comment on those facts as it makes you look even more ignorant then you already are...

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY
    another POS who stands by a terrorist nation....but woe for the prisoners held in Gitmo....

    What a predictable knee jerk response!
    No i stand by justice and the truth, regardless of the nation.
    We (you included) dont know the facts to this story. We dont know if these sailors violated any laws. Just b/c it was Iran who arrested them doesnt mean they have wrongfully been arrested.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,400
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7
    What a predictable knee jerk response!
    No i stand by justice and the truth, regardless of the nation.
    We (you included) dont know the facts to this story. We dont know if these sailors violated any laws. Just b/c it was Iran who arrested them doesnt mean they have wrongfully been arrested.

    funny...

    this is from the same poster who went to the defense of Armawhateverhisfuqing name is claiming he never said Israel should be wiped off the face of the map....during the holocaust denial convention nonetheless...

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY
    funny...

    this is from the same poster who went to the defense of Armawhateverhisfuqing name is claiming he never said Israel should be wiped off the face of the map....during the holocaust denial convention nonetheless...
    Funny...what does denying the holocaust have to do with wiping Israel off the face of the map (which he did not say)??

    Answer: Nothing.

    And what does all this have to do with British Sailors arrested for violating Iranian waters??

    Once again NOTHING.
    As usual CBNY has no point

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us