Thread: OT: Knicks Suck

OT: Knicks Suck

after last night...thats all i gotta say

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ambxc22
    after last night...thats all i gotta say
    Retaining Thomas is beyond moronic.

Thanks Isaiah!!!!

Absolutely pathetic, this 4 game skid is nothing more than a result of piss poor shooting from the foul line.

Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    Absolutely pathetic, this 4 game skid is nothing more than a result of piss poor shooting from the foul line.
    Which suggests piss-poor coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy-y-y-y
    giving him the extension in-season was moronic, everybody knew hed be back but i think it took away a sense of urgency
    theyre 1-5 since the extension

Hall Of Fame
    What's the over/under on this turning into a Chad thread?

Hall Of Fame
    You are just realizing they suck?
    They have sucked for ten years
    I am so done with basketball - I can't even watch college basketball anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy-y-y-y
    yup, mr. dolan truly is. why go back on his statement of making a decision at season's end? what's the knick's record since that idiotic announcement, 1 and 6? i suppose they could always use the injuries as an excuse.

now i've only got the islanders to root for.

To be fair also, Crawford and Richardson being out has been absolute murder, along with Lee. Teams are simply daring us to shoot from the perimeter now, they're collapsing inside the key and swarming around Curry, he gets his stats now but he's not the same threat with the shooters that we had when the roster was healthy.

Take last night for instance, the team is so depleted at guard, he's forced to give increased minutes to Nate and Mardy. Two players who strike no fear into opposing defenses from a shooting standpoint, thus, they collapse the key and dare the team to shoot. And the problem is Curry doesn't have Lee to keep defenders off him for offensive boards, which is where he's normally at his best.

It's all hand in hand, it doesn't excuse the foul shooting, but the team's clearly been struggling and a major factor is the wrong players got hurt at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by ambxc22
    those 3 players were probably the worst guys we could lose.
    curry hasnt been the same since crawford got hurt, NO ONE on this team can rebound with lee gone, and richardson was one of the lone outside threats.
    From a defensive standpoint, noone could rebound BUT Lee, from an offensive standpoint, Curry can't rebound without him.

And that's the problem, because before he went down, the reason the Knicks were even in contention in the first place was because of offensive rebounding, it was the main strength of the team. With no perimeter shooters except Marbury on the roster now and Curry being swarmed on, it's borderline impossible to get back to the level that they were rebounding at.

What wins in the NBA is rebounding and free throws, that's how you win games. And we've become inept in both areas lately.

Quote Originally Posted by freestater
    What's the over/under on this turning into a Chad thread?
    Or Brady is gay.

Listen, I got jumped on for criticizing the Thomas extension. Isiah was a great player (except for his pass to Bird). But for gawds sake...WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2
    Or Brady is gay.

Listen, I got jumped on for criticizing the Thomas extension. Isiah was a great player (except for his pass to Bird). But for gawds sake...WTF.
    TOM BRADY IS GAY!?!?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod
    Which suggests piss-poor coaching.
    what? pros are supposed to make free throws no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    what? pros are supposed to make free throws no matter what.
    Exactly. Throw in the fact that the poor foul shooting has been mostly due to the first and second year guys, and IMO it's just a product of very young players not knowing how important foul shooting is at the pro level being thrust into more playing time then they should have for the time being.

Look at it this way, the Knicks went 23 of 37 from the line last night, however, Balkman, Collins, Robinson, and Frye went 7 of 17 within those numbers. Take that ratio out, and anyone who's on the roster that's got more than 2 years under their belt totaled for 80% from the line, which is pretty good when you're looking at it from a team standpoint.

Now, 3 of those 4 players shouldn't have logged nearly as many minutes as they did last night, especially Nate and Mardy, however Zeke has no choice due to the injury plague that's spread through the locker room since the break.

Balkman's playing what now, 25-30 minutes per game? Collins is playing 20-25 per night now too, and Nate's in the middle of a PT increase like he's never experienced before (Nate's usually been good from the line though, last night is without a doubt an abiration).

They've done a good job getting to the line all year, but the problem is that the guys they need in their AT the line are currently hurt, and the decrease in rebounding is without question due to the injury bug. It's no coincidence that the boards on offense went down the tubes after Richardson and lee went out.

the refs cost the game it was heart breaking lost. Man now we need to go 12 game wining streak or just or a 6 game wining streak. But the Knicks cant do that cause of damn Zeke. We wont go to the playoffs. I think Knicks is the worst New York team