Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: ITT helping terrorists?

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814

    ITT helping terrorists?

    Corporate America would never do something like this would they? The CEO, must be a top tier guy/gal right? They are making our lives better by making money. When does the CEO get sent to Gitmo?


    ITT hit over export of night-vision goggle parts

    James Vicini
    Reuters
    Tuesday, March 27, 2007
    CREDIT:
    An undated night vision video grab. ITT Corp. has agreed to plead guilty and pay a penalty of up to $100 million for illegally exporting night vision goggles in 2001 to China, Singapore and the United Kingdom, the Justice Department said on Tuesday. REUTERS/File

    By James Vicini

    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - ITT Corp. has agreed to plead guilty and pay a penalty of up to $100 million for illegally exporting night-vision goggle component parts to China, Singapore and Britain in 2001, the U.S. Justice Department said on Tuesday.

    It said ITT had agreed to plead guilty to one count of making the exports without first obtaining a license or written authorization from the State Department.

    The company also will plead guilty to one count of leaving out material facts from required reports on arms exports between 2000 and 2004, making the reports misleading, the department said.

    The Justice Department said ITT would pay a $2 million criminal fine, forfeit $28 million as the proceeds of its illegal actions, and pay a $20 million penalty to the State Department.

    Payment of a $50 million deferred prosecution penalty will be suspended for five years, department officials said. ITT can pay the $50 million or invest that same amount in developing more advanced night-vision technology.

    The officials called the total one of the largest penalties ever in a criminal case. They said ITT would become the first major defense contractor convicted of a criminal violation of the Arms Export Control Act.

    "ITT's exportation of this sensitive technology to China and other nations jeopardized our national security and the safety of our military men and women on the battlefield," Assistant Attorney General Kenneth Wainstein said in a statement.

    http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/f...156273&k=94278

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,786
    C, Free Trade or Traitors? Putting troops in harms way. This democrat oversight is working. Nancy Pelosi is doing a fine job. Much better than the last republican congress who did nothing.

    Keep it up Nancy. You'll (d) get my vote again

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,924
    Exactly when did this happen before of after the election?

  4. #4
    JetsFan2012
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg
    C, Free Trade or Traitors? Putting troops in harms way. This democrat oversight is working. Nancy Pelosi is doing a fine job. Much better than the last republican congress who did nothing.

    Keep it up Nancy. You'll (d) get my vote again

    You are such a TOOL. You're really starting to sound like a programmed mouthpiece of the Democratic Strategy machine.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,786
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    You are such a TOOL. You're really starting to sound like a programmed mouthpiece of the Democratic Strategy machine.
    Really? Where was this oversight when the republicans where in? You think that this started in January?

    Get real dude. She is kicking @ss.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,924
    When did ITT sell the stuff? Any Answers!

  7. #7
    JetsFan2012
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg
    Really? Where was this oversight when the republicans where in? You think that this started in January?

    Get real dude. She is kicking @ss.

    Yeah, right. Nancy Pelosi to the rescue.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,786
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan
    When did ITT sell the stuff? Any Answers!

    An undated night vision video grab. ITT Corp. has agreed to plead guilty and pay a penalty of up to $100 million for illegally exporting night vision goggles in 2001 to China, Singapore and the United Kingdom, the Justice Department said on Tuesday.
    First paragraph of text

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,786
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    Yeah, right. Nancy Pelosi to the rescue.

    No power to the people. That's why we elected them. The rubber stamping is over and we are going to get a government back in place.

    We want results and she is delivering. WRMC, Gonzo. Keep going Nancy...

  10. #10
    JetsFan2012
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg
    No power to the people. That's why we elected them. The rubber stamping is over and we are going to get a government back in place.

    We want results and she is delivering. WRMC, Gonzo. Keep going Nancy...

    She's not delivering, she's bribing peanut farmers with billions of pork to pass her bills.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,786
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    She's not delivering, she's bribing peanut farmers with billions of pork to pass her bills.
    That funny, I thought that Hagel made it unanimous for both houses now.

    If there is any stopping of the funding, it clearly lands in the lap of GWB, 'the decider'

    Nancy will continue to clean house. Sh1t it almost has me thinking we do need a woman in the WH

  12. #12
    JetsFan2012
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg
    That funny, I thought that Hagel made it unanimous for both houses now.

    If there is any stopping of the funding, it clearly lands in the lap of GWB, 'the decider'

    Nancy will continue to clean house. Sh1t it almost has me thinking we do need a woman in the WH

    You are such a tool.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg
    First paragraph of text
    2001, long before the Iraq war.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,786
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    You are such a tool.
    No. The tool was the last republican congress that did nothing and rubber stamped everything. I help effect change. That's called progress

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,786
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan
    2001, long before the Iraq war.
    Selling our enemies technology that puts US Troops in harms way is treasonous at any time and every time. Please support our troops

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,924
    I support the troops in every way possible. Unfortunately there are some of the buck before the blood!

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,786
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan
    I support the troops in every way possible. Unfortunately there are some of the buck before the blood!
    Again a travesty of the GWB administration, rubber stamped by the congress of the past 6 years.

    Like Nancy or not, the job she is doing in uncovering these atrocites is tremendous and she deserves the credit. She is definetly taking charge like the voters wanted her to.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Maybe you should read the article before you become your usual dickhead self.

    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan
    When did ITT sell the stuff? Any Answers!

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    I forgot how Iraq is the only terrorists we care about.

    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan
    2001, long before the Iraq war.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,472
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg
    Selling our enemies technology that puts US Troops in harms way is treasonous at any time and every time. Please support our troops
    Didn't the technology trade with China start under Clinton?? In fact didn't his policy change make a deal like this possible?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us