Thread: Official: Mets prediction thread

Jets Insider VIP

Official: Mets prediction thread

Perez 18 wins Pedros first game back: perfect game and doesn't hit 90 on the radar gun.

All League
    I'd have to say, on both your predictions I feel the polar opposite. Maybe 18 losses for Perez and Pedro prolly go 2 innings 6 runs on his game back.

Veteran
    Mets beat out the Phils with 93W in the last weekend, beat LA again in WC round, lose to the Cubs in the NLCS who beat the Twins in the WS.

Only 18 wins for Oliver Perez? I think he'll win at least 25. On a serious note, I picked Perez late in my fantasy draft where there's a nice payout so I'd love him to have a big year.

Jose Reyes

.315 BA
    140 runs
    25 home runs
    100 rbis
    75 steals
    .370 OBP
    .530 SLG

Gold Glove
    MVP

Mets over Red Sox in the World Series in 7

Quote Originally Posted by 49ersJetsfan
    Mets over Red Sox in the World Series in 7
    Red Sox aren't making the WS.

I guess this is a good thread to post this:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=15145

Jake (VA Beach): As if the one thing the Mets couldn't afford, we see lots of pitching struggles and now injuries. Can we just write off the Mets at this point?

SportsNation rob neyer: I certainly wouldn't write them off; too many good hitters in the lineup. But right now the Mets look like an 84-win team, which isn't going to be enough in that division.

Ralph New YAAAAAWWWKKK: Do you really think the mets pitching staff is that bad? I see two vets, and three young studs, two already proved they can pitch in the NY spotlight, and the other a thoroughbred who was drafted high. with that offense and that bullpen, WHATS THE PROBLEM?

SportsNation rob neyer: Who said anything about "that bad"? Not me. But it's not going to be particularly good, and the Mets have a killer interleague schedule. They simply are not, as currently composed, a 90-win team.

Great to see Neyer so down on the Mets. He had them losing to the Dodgers...and they won. Then had them beating St. Louis...and they lost. Thank you Rob Neyer!

ESPN had the NL preview today. 6 of the 10 experts had the Mets taking the NL East. 3 of them in 2nd and Steve Phillips has them finishing in 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Red Sox aren't making the WS.

I guess this is a good thread to post this:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=15145
    I tend not to pay too much attention to stuff like that.

Say what you want about the Mets rotation, but this time last year we were looking at a Potential Rotation involving Victor Zambrano, Steve Trachsel, and Brian Bannister, and had people like Jose Lima, Alay Soler and Jeremi Gonzalez make multiple starts for us and I can't think of anybody who would imply that what we have right now isn't better then that. And we ended up winning 97 Games despite that. People want to be naysayers and say that we can't win without better pitching, but we won last year with Worse Pitching then what we have right now.

What we have to begin the season, will likely not be the same was what we have when we finish the season, as Pedro Martinez is expected back at some point, and the Mets have the ammunition to acquire a good starting pitcher at the deadline. And even if this is the rotation that we stick with throughout the year, John Maine looked like a very good #3 starter last year and could improve upon that, Mike Pelfrey is one of the top pitching prospects in all of baseball, and we all know Oliver Perez has a ton of potential. They could (And It's very likely that they will) suprise you.
    Last edited by Ven0m; 03-29-2007 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m
    I tend not to pay too much attention to stuff like that.

Say what you want about the Mets rotation, but this time last year we were looking at a Potential Rotation involving Victor Zambrano, Steve Trachsel, and Brian Bannister, and had people like Jose Lima, Alay Soler and Jeremi Gonzalez make multiple starts for us and I can't think of anybody who would imply that what we have right now isn't better then that. And we ended up winning 97 Games despite that. People want to be naysayers and say that we can't win without better pitching, but we won last year with Worse Pitching then what we have right now.

What we have to begin the season, will likely not be the same was what we have when we finish the season, as Pedro Martinez is expected back at some point, and the Mets have the ammunition to acquire a good starting pitcher at the deadline. And even if this is the rotation that we stick with throughout the year, John Maine looked like a very good #3 starter last year and could improve upon that, Mike Pelfrey is one of the top pitching prospects in all of baseball, and we all know Oliver Perez has a ton of potential. They could (And It's very likely that they will) suprise you.
    http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/ar...ew-york-mets2/

Omar failed us this year. Why does he think magic can happen again with this staff. I hate S. Green and P. Alou (too old and on down side). We will be forced to trade high quality prospects for a decent no. 1 starter.
    As a Met fan I hope I am wrong but we are asking too much of players that had career years (DeLuca and Valentin). This is one Met fan who is concerned....

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    I hate articles like that as well, because while statistics are important they aren't always the entire story. The Mathmeticians like that always seem to want to chalk up performances of players like John Maine (Which by the way since when isn't a 7.1 K/9 Pretty Good?), Chad Bradford, and Pedro Felicano up to flukes as they never had approached those numbers before that point. But I tend to think that it was more of the impact of a good pitching coach, and that is something that should continue to happen.

Did the 2006 Mets catch some luck? Sure. But they were still by far the best team in that Division.

Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets
    Great to see Neyer so down on the Mets. He had them losing to the Dodgers...and they won. Then had them beating St. Louis...and they lost. Thank you Rob Neyer!

ESPN had the NL preview today. 6 of the 10 experts had the Mets taking the NL East. 3 of them in 2nd and Steve Phillips has them finishing in 3rd.
    Predicting who will win a playoff series is pretty much just luck.