Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Shortstop in NY.......

Best Shortstop in NY.......

so does anyone believe that there will really be any doubt that after this year jose reyes will be universally considered the best shortstop in ny??? scratch that.....in all of baseball????

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Ya Gotta Believe!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    so does anyone believe that there will really be any doubt that after this year jose reyes will be universally considered the best shortstop in ny??? scratch that.....in all of baseball????
    NO.

Um. No.

Jose Reyes was the best shortstop in NY last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    Um. No.
    care to bet on it?

i see reyes' numbers looking something like this:

BA: .315
    OBP: .390
    Runs: 140
    Hits: 200+
    3B: 20
    2B: 45
    HR: 25
    RBI: 100
    SB: 70

and that's not unrealistic for him

try to tell me that you can realistically predict derek peter to have a seaosn like that............

this isnt even factoring in that reyes is a better defensive shortstop to boot

Um. No.

oopps, sorry now that i think about it...you are saying no, there will be no doubt....i agree 100%

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Um. No.
    You need to stay in school, son.

care to bet on it?

try to tell me that you can realistically predict derek peter to have a seaosn like that............

this isnt even factoring in that reyes is a better defensive shortstop to boot

those numbers are a complete pipedream

BTW Jeter, aside from the "70 stolen bases for Reyes" has had 4 or 5 seasons very similar (and better) to those numbers you have projected for Reyes this year. While not an RBI guy, Jeter bats 2nd, he's actually had much better stats in some categorys than the ones you have projected in this post for Reyes in 2007.

Be happy with Reyes, mets fans. But be realistic, he's not on Jeters level or better until he proves it.

...my job here is done.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolJet
    those numbers are a complete pipedream

BTW Jeter, aside from the "70 stolen bases for Reyes" has had 4 or 5 seasons very similar (and better) to those numbers you have projected for Reyes this year. While not an RBI guy, Jeter bats 2nd, he's actually had much better stats in some categorys than the ones you have projected in this post for Reyes in 2007.

Be happy with Reyes, mets fans. But be realistic, he's not on Jeters level or better until he proves it.

first of all they are not a pipedream.........reyes is only 23 years old, and hasn't even relaized his full potential yet. look at his numbers last year and then tell me thes enumbers aren't possible...not only are they possible...they are realistic as well........jeter's career year wasn't this good, and jeter is not going to repeat even last years performance (which wasn't even his best)....jeter has been a very good SS for the yanks, but there is a new guy in town, and he more natural talent than the overacheiving jeter ever had.....

btw here's reyes' numbers from last year

BA: .300
    OBP: .354
    Runs: 122
    Hits: 194
    3B: 17
    2B: 30
    HR: 19
    RBI: 81
    SB: 64

still think those numbers are far off?

all he has to do is show some improvement, which i think he will......and the numbers i predicted are quite realistic

...my job here is done.

jeter, in all the excitement, takes some time to enjoy the scenery.......
    Attached Images Attached Images

jeter, in all the excitement, takes some time to enjoy the scenery.......
    Great response... Is that suppose to look like Jeter checking out th Blue Jays shortstops ass? Because it hardly does. Looks like him successfully stealing 2nd base.

Great response... Is that suppose to look like Jeter checking out th Blue Jays shortstops ass? Because it hardly does. Looks like him successfully stealing 2nd base.

idk, but the ynks seem to have some guys that might be visiting TX's trailer of questionable sexuality.....

e.g...

now was he out for slapping the ball out of arroyo's hand like a fag, or for running down the baeline with that purse on his arm?
    Attached Images Attached Images

first of all they are not a pipedream.........reyes is only 23 years old, and hasn't even relaized his full potential yet. look at his numbers last year and then tell me thes enumbers aren't possible...not only are they possible...they are realistic as well........jeter's career year wasn't this good, and jeter is not going to repeat even last years performance (which wasn't even his best)....jeter has been a very good SS for the yanks, but there is a new guy in town, and he more natural talent than the overacheiving jeter ever had.....

btw here's reyes' numbers from last year

BA: .300
    OBP: .354
    Runs: 122
    Hits: 194
    3B: 17
    2B: 30
    HR: 19
    RBI: 81
    SB: 64

still think those numbers are far off?

all he has to do is show some improvement, which i think he will......and the numbers i predicted are quite realistic
    Statement in bold shows you lack the knowledge and are just being a homer.

Gotta love mets fans. They act like us jets fans who are so ready to crown a young player as the 2nd coming. Pretty damn funny.

Jeter's not gonna repeat last years peformance eh? Curious as to how you know this exactly, yet Reyes is gonna post a .390 OBP

HOMER ALERT!
    Last edited by KoolJet; 03-31-2007 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolJet
    Statement in bold shows you lack the knowledge and are just being a homer.

Gotta love mets fans. They act like us jets fans who are so ready to crown a young player as the 2nd coming. Pretty damn funny.

Jeter's not gonna repeat last years peformance eh? Curious as to how you know this exactly, yet Reyes is gonna post a .390 OBP

HOMER ALERT!

what? jeter's career year was VERY CLOSE to the above numbers i predicted, but still it was a tiny bit sub-par compared......yeah his BA and OBP were higher than what i listed, but his SB's, 3B's were down as well as his number of strikeouts being a little high.....

so i'm not exactly being a homer (yeah maybe a little) but i'm just saying that reyes has the potential to have a season like i predicted and it would be better than (even if only by a little) anything jeter has ever done.

btw....jeter's career year (many years ago..... )

BA: .349
    OBP: .438
    R: 134
    H: 219
    2B: 37
    3B: 9
    HR: 24
    RBI: 102
    SB: 19

fwiw, if reyes posted a .349 avg. and a .438 obp his number of runs scored and sb's would likely be in the 155/90 range........

what? jeter's career year was VERY CLOSE to the above numbers i predicted, but still it was a tiny bit sub-par compared......yeah his BA and OBP were higher than what i listed, but his SB's, 3B's were down as well as his number of strikeouts being a little high.....

so i'm not exactly being a homer (yeah maybe a little) but i'm just saying that reyes has the potential to have a season like i predicted and it would be better than (even if only by a little) anything jeter has ever done.

btw....jeter's career year (many years ago..... )

BA: .349
    OBP: .438
    R: 134
    H: 219
    2B: 37
    3B: 9
    HR: 24
    RBI: 102
    SB: 19

fwiw, if reyes posted a .349 avg. and a .438 obp his number of runs scored and sb's would likely be in the 155/90 range........

Reyes is a great player who should only get better.

But I'd take this 1999 season you just posted over the projection you had of Reyes.

Stolen bases are important for Reyes as he is a leadoff hitter, Jeter? Not so much, but he can steal bases and doesnt get thrown out nearly as much as Reyes. Jeter had 34 stolen bases last year, only 5 CS. Reyes had 64 stolen bases but 17 CS, so Jeters percentage is must better (also over the course of their careers), he just doesnt need to run as much as Reyes does. Reyes CS percentage should go down though.

I will admit Reyes probably runs a faster 40 time.

care to bet on it?

LOL

It's one thing to draw on stats from last year, but to make up stats and say, "Yeah, this is most likely going to happen" is pretty bush-league.

I can see A-Rod finishing the season with a .756 BA and eleventy billion HRs. That's not unrealistic for him.

Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    LOL

It's one thing to draw on stats from last year, but to make up stats and say, "Yeah, this is most likely going to happen" is pretty bush-league.

I can see A-Rod finishing the season with a .756 BA and eleventy billion HRs. That's not unrealistic for him.

Fool.

yeah i'm a fool........

whatever.....RETARD!!!!!

(i really made my point there didn't i?)

for future reference, if you have a legitimate argument please by all means contribute, if you just want to come here to call me stupid, get lost

one more thing....what's bush-league about making predicitons for a team or it's players???? matter of fact it's pretty common occurence in the sports world..........and everyone does it