Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best closer in NY?

Banned

Question Best closer in NY?

Well Met fans, neckdemon started this

Lets hear the spin about how much better Wagner is than Mariano Rivera.

Mariano Rivera is the greatest closer of all time,that is all!

Will The Real Sandman Please Stand Up

All Pro
    Wagner should be able to use the song, he chilled with Metalica for a while. As far as closing games though, yea its obious Rivera is a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    Well Met fans, neckdemon started this

Lets hear the spin about how much better Wagner is than Mariano Rivera.

Mariano Rivera is the greatest closer of all time,that is all!

first of all i never once suggested that wagner was a better closer than rivera.....

that said, wagner used the song first and therefore it should be a none-issue that he continues to use it.

btw, isn't it nice to re-new the mets/yankees rivalry that we had going on last year.........

quick.....what's the over/under on the number of days before BP goes off the wall?????

10?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    first of all i never once suggested that wagner was a better closer than rivera.....

that said, wagner used the song first and therefore it should be a none-issue that he continues to use it.

btw, isn't it nice to re-new the mets/yankees rivalry that we had going on last year.........

quick.....what's the over/under on the number of days before BP goes off the wall?????

10?
    I'm always off the wall ,but Jumba (the FORMER mod with a hard on for me) has retired from moderating.

So it should be fun..remember,Jumba allowed Jermaine(Banned Mets fan) to stir up a lot of **** last year.
    Thankfully Jermaine personally insulted a Yankee fan mod,and his fate was sealed.

To a good year.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet
    Wagner should be able to use the song, he chilled with Metalica for a while. As far as closing games though, yea its obious Rivera is a lot better.
    Wagner can have Metallica out there playing Sandman live for him for all I care. Mo is the best, bar none.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    I'm always off the wall ,but Jumba (the FORMER mod with a hard on for me) has retired from moderating.

So it should be fun..remember,Jumba allowed Jermaine(Banned Mets fan) to stir up a lot of **** last year.
    Thankfully Jermaine personally insulted a Yankee fan mod,and his fate was sealed.

To a good year.
    Thanks for all the credit, and for admitting Reyes is better.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    Thanks for all the credit, and for admitting Reyes is better.
    No problem

Reyes is definitely a better shortstop than Mariano Rivera,you can't even compare the two of them.

How's that? any better?

i miss Jermaine..........

Quote Originally Posted by Man-O-Gold

yeah jermaine totally pwned all the yanks fans here......he was uber l33t

you would

Jets Insider VIP
    Come on now BP! What Mets is honestly idiotic enough to not think Rivera is the better closer? not saying Wagner isn't great, but he is no Mo Rivera

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    you would
    Don’t worry they miss you in the gay circus too.

Jets Insider VIP
    I didn't want to get sucked into this because after the Mets choked against the Cards in the NLCS, Met fans here were sending me death threats.

Anyway, the funniest thing about this whole -who should use "Enter the Sandman" is that Mariano has never listed to Metallica or rock or heavy metal in his life. He listens to Spanish music and gospel. It was the guys who run the music at Yankee stadium who started the "Enter the Sandman" theme for him.

I remember an article last year where Mo said that he didn't even know what the song was so the guys at the stadium running the music had to explain it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    I didn't want to get sucked into this because after the Mets choked against the Cards in the NLCS, Met fans here were sending me death threats.

Anyway, the funniest thing about this whole -who should use "Enter the Sandman" is that Mariano has never listed to Metallica or rock or heavy metal in his life. He listens to Spanish music and gospel. It was the guys who run the music at Yankee stadium who started the "Enter the Sandman" theme for him.

I remember an article last year where Mo said that he didn't even know what the song was so the guys at the stadium running the music had to explain it to him.
    please explain how the mets choked..........

now the yankees choked!

Jets Insider VIP
    please explain how the mets choked..........

now the yankees choked!
    How the Mets choked? Didn't you watch the series?

Billy Wagner, closer extraordinaire blew a game and the Mets had game 7 at home and went meekly with their best player (Beltran) pulling an ARod in his final at bat. The Mets had home field that series and lost 2 games in their building. That's a choke job.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    How the Mets choked? Didn't you watch the series?

Billy Wagner, closer extraordinaire blew a game and the Mets had game 7 at home and went meekly with their best player (Beltran) pulling an ARod in his final at bat. The Mets had home field that series and lost 2 games in their building. That's a choke job.
    Be fair. Both teams choked...

Is this a 2 team board or something?

Nathan >>>> Rivera and Wagner right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato
    Is this a 2 team board or something?

Nathan >>>> Rivera and Wagner right now.
    Nathan is not a closer in NY.

Veteran
    This is a stupid poll. What next, who's the best 1B in NY?