Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Should be an exciting finish in the NHL Eastern Conf.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

OT: Should be an exciting finish in the NHL Eastern Conf.

It's coming down to the last week of the season and the NHL Eastern Conference is about as tight as it can be for the final 3 playoff spots.

As a Rangers fan, of course I have reason to be excited. But cautiously optimistic. The remaining schedule is tough and the Rangers have been playing a little sloppy defensively in the last 3-4 games. Also, Lundqvist has not looked sharp in the last 2 games (Sather, please call up Al Montoya!). Without Lundqvist, the Rangers are done.

Tampa Bay is playing well now but they are vulnerable.

Montreal and Toronto have been playing well the last week or so and will be tough.

The Hurricanes look to be spent.

The Islanders are in trouble. Possibly no DiPietro or a less than healthy DiPietro could spell doom for a team who would have to depend on Dunham or the AHL call-up. Not good news. They are not strong enough to overcome that.

Sorry Islander fans but the Rangers addition of Sean Avery has been a tremendous move. More so than Smythe who the Islanders gave up youth for and are not guaranteed to be able to re-sign next year. Avery has brought a much needed new dimension to the team and has given the Rangers a different attitude they sorely needed. Also, Ryan Callahan has been a nice addition. Now if only Renney would have the gonads to sit Marek Maweak. God help the Rangers if he is on this team next year.

Good luck to all, especially the Rangers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since the Islanders won't be making it, I will root for whoever is playing the rags. Go Leafs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    There shouldn`t be a single JET FAN ,that supports anything that James Dolan owns and puts $$$$$ in his pocket after all he`s the one who was fighting the JETS to build the WSS......

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet
    There shouldn`t be a single JET FAN ,that supports anything that James Dolan owns and puts $$$$$ in his pocket after all he`s the one who was fighting the JETS to build the WSS......
    I'm a Jets and Rangers fan.
    I don't like dolan, but I support the team.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagoots
    I'm a Jets and Rangers fan.
    I don't like dolan, but I support the team.
    Just know that every dollar that you`ve sent his way helped him make the money to fight & kill the JETS WSS & the Jets fans dream of their own stadium ,now while i`m not a fan of the knicks or rangers ,i`m not just talking here ,Since the day the stadium died I have not & "WILL NOT" spend another dollar on anything in the garden & 1 week after the WSS got killed I cancelled Cablevision & got DTV.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    You say the same thing every time there's a Rangers related post on here. Frankly, it's getting old. I've been a Rangers fan since 1968 and I'm not going to stop rooting for my beloved Rangers based on what their owner does or doesn't do. You don't have to like it, but don't expect Rangers fans to stop rooting for their team because you want them too.

This was intended as a discussion of the upcoming exciting week of hockey, not a political forum for you.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate the Dolans, but I love the Rangers more. I'm also a Knick fan, but I wont support them with Isiah running the freak show.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    the isles are done unfortunatley! no puck control on their part towards the end of the season. Smyth hasnt really done much since they got him either. Sux!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    4 more points should do it for the Rangers, a regulation win tonight almost guarantees a playoff spot.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy
    You say the same thing every time there's a Rangers related post on here. Frankly, it's getting old. I've been a Rangers fan since 1968 and I'm not going to stop rooting for my beloved Rangers based on what their owner does or doesn't do. You don't have to like it, but don't expect Rangers fans to stop rooting for their team because you want them too.
    & I`ll continue to keep posting it, cause I have to keep listening to people cry how Woody lied & screwed us by not giving us our own stadium & these same Hypocritical people support the guy ( if you buy tickets or cable anything that puts cash in his pocket you are supporting him )that killed our chance to have our own stadium..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

This was intended as a discussion of the upcoming exciting week of hockey, not a political forum for you.

There comes a time in a man"s when life when he as to choose sides. So choose.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go Lightning! Screw the DOLANS!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just know that every dollar that you`ve sent his way helped him make the money to fight & kill the JETS WSS & the Jets fans dream of their own stadium ,now while i`m not a fan of the knicks or rangers ,i`m not just talking here ,Since the day the stadium died I have not & "WILL NOT" spend another dollar on anything in the garden & 1 week after the WSS got killed I cancelled Cablevision & got DTV.
    nothing would stop me from supporting the Rangers

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    4 more points should do it for the Rangers, a regulation win tonight almost guarantees a playoff spot.
    Earliest they can clinch is Tuesday with some help so yeah a win here and were estenially in

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet
    nothing would stop me from supporting the Rangers
    & thats your choice ,but anybody that supports dollan buy buying his products ,loses the right to complain about theJETS not having our own stadium & still shareing a stadium with the G-men since ,they gave dolan the money to fund, fight & KILL THE WSS....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    & thats your choice ,but anybody that supports dollan buy buying his products ,loses the right to complain about theJETS not having our own stadium & still shareing a stadium with the G-men since ,they gave dolan the money to fund, fight & KILL THE WSS....
    You never hear me complain about the stadium situation. Again, this thread was intended for some hockey discussion, not stadium politics. If you want to whine about Dolan, start your own thread and knock yourself out.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet
    There comes a time in a man"s when life when he as to choose sides. So choose.
    Like choosing to take Simon's side claiming that Hollweg took a dive?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're right about Dolan being a lousy owner and a scumbag but you shouldnt call for a boycott but if you do one on your own more power to you. I never complain about the stadium and I wasnt thrilled about the WSS to begin with so I see no problem. Id rather Dolan not be the Rangers owner but he is so I have to deal with it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's an interesting tidbit:

'The Hockey Poll

For its current issue, The Hockey News polled 283 N.H.L. players from all 30 teams on various topics. Some answers are surprising.

The players chose overwhelmingly to change nothing about the way the game is played in areas like fighting, penalties, schedule length and shootouts. The only change they endorsed: more interconference games.

Other poll findings:

The team they would most like to be traded to: Toronto, followed by the Rangers. Team they would least like to be traded to: Buffalo, followed by Edmonton and the Islanders.'

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    You never hear me complain about the stadium situation. Again, this thread was intended for some hockey discussion, not stadium politics. If you want to whine about Dolan, start your own thread and knock yourself out.
    OH well ,you chose to side with the enemy ,i`ve got a right to respond ,you want a strictly hockey thread take it to the NHL fourm