Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Mets annihilating the Cards

  1. #1

    Mets annihilating the Cards

    10-0 in the 8th

    Maine with the 1-hit shutout

    Beltran 2 HRs, 4 RBI
    Reyes 1 HR, 3 RBI


    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

  2. #2
    y'think they're making a statement????

    i know its early, but they have just dominated the world champs......beating them like the red-headed step child

  3. #3
    Yes it is very early but Mets are going to steam roll into the World Series. There are some young teams who I like (Diamondbacks, Brewers) but they are just not ready. Besides the Phillies and maybe the Dodgers.. I just don't see many teams being able to compete with them in the NL.

    PS. THIS IS NOT FAIR! YOU GOT SEE THE METS PLAY 3 TIMES ALREADY. 1 YANKEE GAME AND I WAS IN CLASS FOR HALF OF IT! WTF!
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 04-04-2007 at 10:57 PM.

  4. #4
    So far I am extremely impressed with the starting pitching. Hope they can keep it up. Just maybe the Phils should have let sleeping dogs lye....

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet
    So far I am extremely impressed with the starting pitching. Hope they can keep it up. Just maybe the Phils should have let sleeping dogs lye....
    I was impressed with John Maine. I don't see El Deque lasting through July but John Maine was impressive.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    I was impressed with John Maine. I don't see El Deque lasting through July but John Maine was impressive.

    el duque should win at least 10 if he stays healthy.............

    if pedro comes back and is still pedro we will be fine i think

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Somerset, NJ
    Posts
    1,573
    20 - 2
    ouch!

  8. #8
    Maine will win 15 this year write it down........i am only worried about the braves (better pen then last year, veterans that know how to win, good coaching), the phillies are the sexy pick every year and they do nothing. The dodgers will have to prove something to me before i take them seriously, it wasnt even close in the playoffs last year.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    y'think they're making a statement????

    i know its early, but they have just dominated the world champs......beating them like the red-headed step child
    It's not that much of a statement IMO. The Mets were clearly the better team last season, and should have represented the NL in the world series. They should be one of the top three teams in the NL again this year.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    y'think they're making a statement????

    i know its early, but they have just dominated the world champs......beating them like the red-headed step child
    The only statement is that the NLCS was an ultimate choke job by the Mets.

    The Mets were better than the Cards in every facet be it lineup, defense, starting pitching, relief, closer and bench and have home field but still lost.

    The Mets can beat up on the Cards all they want in April. All that matters is what the Mets do in October.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    The only statement is that the NLCS was an ultimate choke job by the Mets.

    The Mets were better than the Cards in every facet be it lineup, defense, starting pitching, relief, closer and bench and have home field but still lost.

    The Mets can beat up on the Cards all they want in April. All that matters is what the Mets do in October.
    why dont u go run along and play in a yankee thread if you dont have anything note worthy to contribute.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,240
    Maine throws so many strikes, I was really impressed with his control. The team has looked great so far especially Beltran. Its just 3 games to start the season but its hard to think of a better way to start it.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    The only statement is that the NLCS was an ultimate choke job by the Mets.

    The Mets were better than the Cards in every facet be it lineup, defense, starting pitching, relief, closer and bench and have home field but still lost.

    The Mets can beat up on the Cards all they want in April. All that matters is what the Mets do in October.
    Blah, Blah Blah......

    And people wonder why Met fans hate the Yankees. Stuff happens like that in a short series in baseball. You can call the Yankees, Tigers and Padres all chokers last year because the same applied to all of them last year.

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Blah, Blah Blah......

    And people wonder why Met fans hate the Yankees. Stuff happens like that in a short series in baseball. You can call the Yankees, Tigers and Padres all chokers last year because the same applied to all of them last year.
    I hear you. But it's kinda crazy to start a thread about the first 3 games of a 162 game season and call it a "statement."

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    I hear you. But it's kinda crazy to start a thread about the first 3 games of a 162 game season and call it a "statement."
    nothing u do in april is a statement, but its nice to get off to a good start against a team who beat you the prior year, WHILE they are out getting their rings.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    I hear you. But it's kinda crazy to start a thread about the first 3 games of a 162 game season and call it a "statement."

    dude, i don't care what month it is.......when you lose in the nlcs to a team that goes on to be world champs.....and them come to their house and totally dominate them to start the season.....it makes a statement......

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    The only statement is that the NLCS was an ultimate choke job by the Mets.

    The Mets were better than the Cards in every facet be it lineup, defense, starting pitching, relief, closer and bench and have home field but still lost.

    The Mets can beat up on the Cards all they want in April. All that matters is what the Mets do in October.
    i would call the yankees losing in the alcs to the red sox in 04 more of an "ultimate choke job" than the mets last year. the mets starting pitching was totally depleted, depending on oliver perez to pitch game 7 (btw, he pitched very well in that game). the yankees fall was historic, the mets was just unfortunate. im sure that if el duque and pedro were fully healthy, we would be talking about something different right now.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,278
    Mets a few years ago lost their first 5 games; so when we win 3 in a row from the Champs, it is time to enjoy the moment. It is a long season but a good start is always welcome.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Schvatz44
    i would call the yankees losing in the alcs to the red sox in 04 more of an "ultimate choke job" than the mets last year. the mets starting pitching was totally depleted, depending on oliver perez to pitch game 7 (btw, he pitched very well in that game). the yankees fall was historic, the mets was just unfortunate. im sure that if el duque and pedro were fully healthy, we would be talking about something different right now.
    Dude, of course the 2004 collapse was an epic choke-job by the Yanks. The Curse of A-Rod reered its ugly head. But that doesn't change the fact that the the Mets choked away the 2006 NLCS.

    Plus, it's absolutely ridiculous for you to claim that El Duque and Pedro would have made a difference when the Mets starting pitcher was good in that series. The Mets lost it because of (1) Billy Wagner and (2) the lack of clutch hits in pivotal games. Their offense failed them, not their starting pitching.

    Blaming the starting pitching like you have is a Met fan time tested strategy: concocting excuses for not winning.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    Dude, of course the 2004 collapse was an epic choke-job by the Yanks. The Curse of A-Rod reered its ugly head. But that doesn't change the fact that the the Mets choked away the 2006 NLCS.

    Plus, it's absolutely ridiculous for you to claim that El Duque and Pedro would have made a difference when the Mets starting pitcher was good in that series. The Mets lost it because of (1) Billy Wagner and (2) the lack of clutch hits in pivotal games. Their offense failed them, not their starting pitching.

    Blaming the starting pitching like you have is a Met fan time tested strategy: concocting excuses for not winning.
    having pedro and el duque would not have hurt. yes it was a major problem that they had a lack of clutch hitting, and that was most likely their downfall, but with the leadership that those 2 pitchers bring, i think could have put them over the top.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us