Thread: OT: Jon Lesters first rehab start from cancer

OT: Jon Lesters first rehab start from cancer

Hey guys. Just got back from the single A Charleston Riverdogs-Greenville Drive game. Charleston was just bought out by the Yankees last year (from the Devil Rays) and Greenville is owned by the Red Sox (Coincidence they play on opening day??, I think not). Anyway, yea Red Sock nation was in full force tonight, ton of sox jersey as well as Yankees gear...to tell you the truth it was close to half and half. I was one of the only 2 people in Riley Park sportin Mets gear!!! lol. Lester was a man among kids throwing lower-mid 90s smoke all night, final line was something like 4IP, 0ER, 2H, 3K (obviously he was on a pitch count). The game went into extra innings scoreless and Charleston won on a bases loaded single in the 10th. Man...The sounds and experience of the ballpark, I AM SO HAPPY BASEBALL SEASON IS BACK.

BTW...I thought this was kinda funny but Gabe Kapler (former Rangers and Red Sox OF as well as well known roid head who I guess can't cut it without the juice) was the Manager of single A Greenville.

Also..would like to mention I see Lester entering the Sox rotation in late June as the 5 starter. Right now their rotation is Schilling, Beckett, Matsuizaka, Wakefield, JULIAN TAVARAS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RickLyle IZ GOD
    Hey guys. Just got back from the single A Charleston Riverdogs-Greenville Drive game. Charleston was just bought out by the Yankees last year (from the Devil Rays) and Greenville is owned by the Red Sox (Coincidence they play on opening day??, I think not). Anyway, yea Red Sock nation was in full force tonight, ton of sox jersey as well as Yankees gear...to tell you the truth it was close to half and half. I was one of the only 2 people in Riley Park sportin Mets gear!!! lol. Lester was a man among kids throwing lower-mid 90s smoke all night, final line was something like 4IP, 0ER, 2H, 3K (obviously he was on a pitch count). The game went into extra innings scoreless and Charleston won on a bases loaded single in the 10th. Man...The sounds and experience of the ballpark, I AM SO HAPPY BASEBALL SEASON IS BACK.

BTW...I thought this was kinda funny but Gabe Kapler (former Rangers and Red Sox OF as well as well known roid head who I guess can't cut it without the juice) was the Manager of single A Greenville.

I think everyone roots for lester at least as a person.
    As a Sox fan, From everything I've heard lester should be in the sox rotation by june.
    Kapler is loved up here but I have know doubt about his choice of vitamins
    Sox - Mets world series ???

Even as a yankee fan if (and hopefully when) I see him take the mound it will be a great feeling, knowing everything he has been through.