Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: OT:Islander playoff question

  1. #1

    OT:Islander playoff question

    If Montreal beats Toronto in their last game and the Islanders win their next two they would both have 92 points does anyone know which team has the advantage????

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by tman2812
    If Montreal beats Toronto in their last game and the Islanders win their next two they would both have 92 points does anyone know which team has the advantage????
    Montreal, because they'd have more wins by 3, which is the next tie breaker.

    A Montreal WIN is the only thing that can eliminate NYI directly, no matter what NYI does.

    A Montreal LOSS of any kind opens up the door for 2 NYI WINS to get them in the playoffs.

    Anyway, it probably won't happen, so just root for Brodeur and the Devils like the rest of us

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,240
    Quote Originally Posted by tman2812
    If Montreal beats Toronto in their last game and the Islanders win their next two they would both have 92 points does anyone know which team has the advantage????
    Montreal cant win

  4. #4
    To the Islander fans:

    Your playoff hopes are a pipe-dream, and you will never see the playoffs as long as Chris Simon is in the NHL (it takes a really stupid move like that to start a curse!!)

    To the Devil Fans:

    Is it any coinicidence that your goalie not only breaks a record in wins, but also breaks a club record in games played??
    If he played 1000 games in a season...OF COURSE he will have more wins.

    Here's some reading for you. There are no pictures here, so let me know if you need help...
    Best
    Goalie? NOOOOOO WAYYYY


    Oh, by the way. For a team who prides itself on defense, care to know who's had the best D in the East the last couple of months??


  5. #5
    Icelanders need the Leafs to beat the Habs and they control their own destiny, they should thank the Rangers for their win tonight.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,240
    Rangers are still playing must win hockey, gotta get that 6th seed and play Tampa/Atlanta either of those matchups favors the Rangers. We would get smoked by Jersey early in the playoffs.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet
    Rangers are still playing must win hockey, gotta get that 6th seed and play Tampa/Atlanta either of those matchups favors the Rangers. We would get smoked by Jersey early in the playoffs.
    Come on!!! A little more FAITH!!!
    WE'VE been the best team in the east since the trade deadline!
    NO ONE wants any of THIS!!

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagoots
    Come on!!! A little more FAITH!!!
    WE'VE been the best team in the east since the trade deadline!
    NO ONE wants any of THIS!!
    We are but the playoffs are different. The Devils are always invincible in the 1st round, their traps are flawless, Broduer is on a roll, and they forecheck like mad and attack the net like animals. They wouldnt sweep us but we'd lose. We could beat Atlanta and the Rangers would sweep Tampa Bay. If we met the Devils in the second round, theyd be a little slower and more vunerable for us to beat them.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagoots
    To the Islander fans:

    Your playoff hopes are a pipe-dream, and you will never see the playoffs as long as Chris Simon is in the NHL (it takes a really stupid move like that to start a curse!!)

    To the Devil Fans:

    Is it any coinicidence that your goalie not only breaks a record in wins, but also breaks a club record in games played??
    If he played 1000 games in a season...OF COURSE he will have more wins.

    Here's some reading for you. There are no pictures here, so let me know if you need help...
    Best
    Goalie? NOOOOOO WAYYYY


    Oh, by the way. For a team who prides itself on defense, care to know who's had the best D in the East the last couple of months??

    and in all honesty, i have to say that i now question whether the stupidest things I've read on this board are from NE fans...

    you're seriously pathetic/a joke if you really have convinced yourself of all that...

    dude, if the Devils somehow get their hands on the Rangers? come talk to me then. seriously. this is like the ****ing Detroit Lions talking **** to the Indianapolis Colts right here.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,240
    [QUOTE=JETS_for_life]and in all honesty, i have to say that i now question whether the stupidest things I've read on this board are from NE fans...

    you're seriously pathetic/a joke if you really have convinced yourself of all that...

    dude, if the Devils somehow get their hands on the Rangers? come talk to me then. seriously. this is like the ****ing Detroit Lions talking **** to the Indianapolis Colts right here.[/QUOTE]

    Theres a gap in talent but if you actually think its the big, your lying to yourself.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life
    and in all honesty, i have to say that i now question whether the stupidest things I've read on this board are from NE fans...

    you're seriously pathetic/a joke if you really have convinced yourself of all that...

    dude, if the Devils somehow get their hands on the Rangers? come talk to me then. seriously. this is like the ****ing Detroit Lions talking **** to the Indianapolis Colts right here.
    Except to say as far as playoff series go...
    We've got you 2-1.
    We're playing better hockey...and our GM is upstairs where he belongs.

    See you in the playoffs, swampgas.


    MATEAU!!! MATTEAU!!!!

  12. #12
    Leafs need to get there **** together. Playing like ****. This 7 games in 12 days is killing them. Not trying to make excuses (Maybe I am) but that is game every other day. That is tough in hockey.

  13. #13
    Man Leafs fans are nuts!

    Hey Sean...where do you stand on Rodgers trying to get an NFL team? What would be a good name for them?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagoots
    Man Leafs fans are nuts!

    Hey Sean...where do you stand on Rodgers trying to get an NFL team? What would be a good name for them?
    NFL franchise in Toronto? I havent heard about that. Let me think about a name... hmm

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Groton
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagoots
    To the Devil Fans:

    Is it any coinicidence that your goalie not only breaks a record in wins, but also breaks a club record in games played??
    If he played 1000 games in a season...OF COURSE he will have more wins.

    Here's some reading for you. There are no pictures here, so let me know if you need help...
    Best
    Goalie? NOOOOOO WAYYYY


    Oh, by the way. For a team who prides itself on defense, care to know who's had the best D in the East the last couple of months??

    I disagree with that statement. Brodeur is one hell of a goalie. I don't give a **** about that record, since wiithout his 10 shootout wins, he wouldn't even be sniffing the record, but besides that.... He's still one of the best ever.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    NFL franchise in Toronto? I havent heard about that. Let me think about a name... hmm
    All I can come up with is...Toronto Blues

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,858

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    All I can come up with is...Toronto Blues
    I'm pretty sure that names already been taken

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life
    Montreal, because they'd have more wins by 3, which is the next tie breaker.

    A Montreal WIN is the only thing that can eliminate NYI directly, no matter what NYI does.

    A Montreal LOSS of any kind opens up the door for 2 NYI WINS to get them in the playoffs.

    Anyway, it probably won't happen, so just root for Brodeur and the Devils like the rest of us
    No the LIGHTNING

  20. #20
    Brodeur is one of the best 3 goalies of the past 25 years (Brodeur, Roy, Hasek) to call him anything less is ridiculous.

    However, his wins record is completely irrelevant. The Devils had 9 shootout wins this year. That's 9 games that would be a tie in the past. If you assume Brodeur played goalie in at least 6 of them (though I would assume more).
    That makes his win record not there.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us