Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fox News Implementing A Slow Growth Strategy

Fox News Implementing A Slow Growth Strategy

[QUOTE]Continuing a pattern that goes back more than a year, Fox News is again underperforming its peers. The latest Nielsen data comparing the first quarter of 2007 with the same period of 2006 shows Fox growing at the slowest rate of any of the cable news nets.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/[/url]

People are beginning to realize that they have been lied to by FOX.....They are starting to search for the truth....

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg][url]http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/[/url]

People are beginning to realize that they have been lied to by FOX.....They are starting to search for the truth....[/QUOTE]

Any discussion of the topic is meaningless without also providing Total Ratings (total number of viewers over the same period being reviewed) as well. You should post those as well if you wish to debate the topic.

For example, if Fox has 100 Billion Viewers, and CNBC started with 27, and both gained 100 viewers, then CNBC would show a massive lead in "Growth Rate" over Fox.

However, taking that fact alone, and spinning it to imply Fox is falling down while CNBC is killing Fox, is laughably ignorant of the truth of the situation.

But I am sure you knew that already.....

[QUOTE=Warfish]Any discussion of the topic is meaningless without also providing Total Ratings (total number of viewers over the same period being reviewed) as well. You should post those as well if you wish to debate the topic.

For example, if Fox has 100 Billion Viewers, and CNBC started with 27, and both gained 100 viewers, then CNBC would show a massive lead in "Growth Rate" over Fox.

However, taking that fact alone, and spinning it to imply Fox is falling down while CNBC is killing Fox, is laughably ignorant of the truth of the situation.

But I am sure you knew that already.....[/QUOTE]

I don't understand you. This is a YOY comparison. 2006 to 2007 1st Qtr.

[QUOTE][B]The latest Nielsen data comparing the first quarter of 2007 with the same period of 2006 shows Fox growing at the slowest rate of any of the cable news nets[/B].[/QUOTE]

Just like any business they are comparing last years growth to this years growth on a qtr to qtr comparison. The trend is clear to me and the a lot of others.

Did you view the BillO blow up with Geraldo? He is feeling the pressure.

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Did you view the BillO blow up with Geraldo? He is feeling the pressure.[/QUOTE]

I'm just curious, how come you dont like Bill O'Reilly?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish]Any discussion of the topic is meaningless without also providing Total Ratings (total number of viewers over the same period being reviewed) as well. You should post those as well if you wish to debate the topic.

[B]But I am sure you knew that already[/B].....[/QUOTE]

Figures Lie and Liars Figure...of course he knew that already.

[QUOTE=Long_Shanks]I'm just curious, how come you dont like Bill O'Reilly?[/QUOTE]

What nation did he serve? Yet he is a major proponent of the war in Iraq.
    Another gutless loud mouth getting heroes killed and maimed whose buckles he could not shine.

It is not just him. It is people like him that decry war as long as others pay for it with their lives and limbs.

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]What nation did he serve? Yet he is a major proponent of the war in Iraq.
    Another gutless loud mouth getting heroes killed and maimed whose buckles he could not shine.

It is not just him. It is people like him that decry war as long as others pay for it with their lives and limbs.[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong, but I'm not sure that Bill O'Reilly was a big Hawk before the war in Iraq started. I know he supports it more or less after the fact, but he's been critical of the Bush administration throughout.

[QUOTE=Long_Shanks]I could be wrong, but I'm not sure that Bill O'Reilly was a big Hawk before the war in Iraq started. I know he supports it more or less after the fact, but he's been critical of the Bush administration throughout.[/QUOTE]

Given that I don't follow him on a daily basis, that is not what I have concluded. It may very well be the case though.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

when you are scrapping the toliet with ratings ala MSNBS/keith loserman it is always easy to have great growth....if two people are watching you and six more join in that's an increase in viewership of 400%....

a bit tougher to have great gains when you consistently have 2.5 million watching nightly...

this little fact escapes brain dead leftists such as dumdawg....

I'm sure the amount of advetising money MSNBC and the Clinton News Network is fractional compared to what Fox pulls in per spot...that's the bottom line...

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]I don't understand[/QUOTE]

I know you don't.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]I don't understand you. This is a YOY comparison. 2006 to 2007 1st Qtr.

Just like any business they are comparing last years growth to this years growth on a qtr to qtr comparison. The trend is clear to me and the a lot of others.

[/QUOTE]

anyone get the idea that dumbdawg's favorite jets coach was rich kotite?? :yes:

the old "it was a moral victory" justification when the scoreboard showed they got their asses kicked....

[QUOTE]Did you view the BillO blow up with Geraldo? He is feeling the pressure.[/QUOTE]

oh yeh...he's feeling the pressure, alrighty....loserman, the 20th ranked cable news show, is closing in on the all important number of 1.7-million fewer viewers nightly compared to O'rielly... :coocoo:

[url]http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/original/q107ranker.pdf[/url]
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 04-06-2007 at 07:11 PM.

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg][url]http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/[/url]

People are beginning to realize that they have been lied to by FOX.....They are starting to search for the truth....[/QUOTE]

Why is it that you constantly create new threads about the same crap? It's extremely boring.

This topic and how the MSM ignores all the CBTNY subjects is another constant crap thread.

[QUOTE=pauliec]Why is it that you constantly create new threads about the same crap? It's extremely boring.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726]This topic and how the MSM ignores all the CBTNY subjects is another constant crap thread.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but seriously... how are cable ratings even worthy of political discussion? Who gives a ****?

[QUOTE=Long_Shanks]I'm just curious, how come you dont like Bill O'Reilly?[/QUOTE]

The blogs tell Jetdawgg to hate Bill O'Reilly.

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Given that I don't follow him on a daily basis, that is not what I have concluded. It may very well be the case though.[/QUOTE]

O'Reilly supported the war from the beginning, but has now acknowledged many times over that we have been there too long and the war has become extremely misguided.

Just like all of your anti-Fox News threads.

True. Did you see Bill and Geraldo's argument, that is some funny sh*t.

[QUOTE=pauliec]Yeah, but seriously... how are cable ratings even worthy of political discussion? Who gives a ****?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726]True. Did you see Bill and Geraldo's argument, that is some funny sh*t.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was nuts. They both completely lost it. I think there was some kind of anti-hispanic vibe that Geraldo felt and struck a nerve with him. I'm not saying there was one, I'm just saying that's how it looked like he was acting.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]oh yeh...he's feeling the pressure, alrighty....loserman, the 20th ranked cable news show, is closing in on the all important number of 1.7-million fewer viewers nightly compared to O'rielly... :coocoo:

[url]http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/original/q107ranker.pdf[/url][/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearing that up for me, CBNY.

JetDawg had me a-scared there for a minute.

I guess I'll hold on to my 2500 shares of NewsCorp for at least one more rating period.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]when you are scrapping the toliet with ratings ala MSNBS/keith loserman it is always easy to have great growth....if two people are watching you and six more join in that's an increase in viewership of 400%....

a bit tougher to have great gains when you consistently have 2.5 million watching nightly...

this little fact escapes brain dead leftists such as dumdawg....

I'm sure the amount of advetising money MSNBC and the Clinton News Network is fractional compared to what Fox pulls in per spot...that's the bottom line...[/QUOTE]
    As we all have learned on this board, Dawgg obviously has not taken a Statistics course in his life. Or if he has he slept through it.