Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Tpo Hurricane Forecaster Thinks Goracle Is Full Of Sh!t....

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like

Tpo Hurricane Forecaster Thinks Goracle Is Full Of Sh!t....

[url]http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070407/D8OBK1DG0.html[/url]

[quote]Forecaster Blasts Gore on Global Warming

Apr 7, 2:55 AM (ET)

By CAIN BURDEAU

(AP) Dr. William Gray, a top hurricane researcher, answers questions during an interview in New Orleans,...

NEW ORLEANS (AP) - A top hurricane forecaster called Al Gore "a gross alarmist" Friday for making an Oscar-winning documentary about global warming.

"He's one of these guys that preaches the end of the world type of things. I think he's doing a great disservice and he doesn't know what he's talking about," Dr. William Gray said in an interview with The Associated Press at the National Hurricane Conference in New Orleans, where he delivered the closing speech.

A spokeswoman said Gore was on a flight from Washington, D.C., to Nashville Friday; he did not immediately respond to Gray's comments.

Gray, an emeritus professor at the atmospheric science department at Colorado State University, has long railed against the theory that heat-trapping gases generated by human activity are causing the world to warm.

Over the past 24 years, Gray, 77, has become known as America's most reliable hurricane forecaster; recently, his mentee, Philip Klotzbach, has begun doing the bulk of the forecasting work.

Gray's statements came the same day the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change approved a report that concludes the world will face dire consequences to food and water supplies, along with increased flooding and other dramatic weather events, unless nations adapt to climate change.

Rather than global warming, Gray believes a recent uptick in strong hurricanes is part of a multi-decade trend of alternating busy and slow periods related to ocean circulation patterns. Contrary to mainstream thinking, Gray believes ocean temperatures are going to drop in the next five to 10 years.

Gore's documentary, "An Inconvenient Truth," has helped fuel media attention on global warming.[/quote]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Babe]i'm not a big fan of al gore, and i'm not saying that i agree or disagree with dr. gray, but i did enjoy "an inconvenient truth". our world needs to be more conscious of the environment. it has nothing to do whether you are a republican, democrat, or anything else.[/QUOTE]

Americans and the rest of the world can... and should... do things to reduce emissions, waste etc etc etc... But make not mistake, the world isn't coming to an end because of people, at least not in the next 200 millenia.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetFanTransplant]Americans and the rest of the world can... and should... do things to reduce emissions, waste etc etc etc... But make not mistake, the world isn't coming to an end because of people, at least not in the next 200 millenia.[/QUOTE]

Everyone shoud do their part on the ecology. I think some folks are taking this too far though.

I saw something on the web the other day about Mars having global warming.

How many SUV's do they drive on that planet?

[url]http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/printer2/index.asp?ploc=t&refer=http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/310560_mars06.html[/url]

No wonder Pluto is not a planet any longer, the ice there won't melt

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Babe]i'm not a big fan of al gore, and i'm not saying that i agree or disagree with dr. gray, but i did enjoy "an inconvenient truth". our world needs to be more conscious of the environment. it has nothing to do whether you are a republican, democrat, or anything else.[/QUOTE]

I agree that we need to be more conscious of our environment and reduce pollution, but to have that idiot algore run around claiming the sky is falling when HE HIMSELF consumes MORE energy in a month than most Americans in a year is just beyond hypocritical.

Global warming IS CYCLICAL. The earth has had warming and cooling periods millions of years before man ever set foot on this planet.

Global warming hysteria is just another way for that shady sh*t stain algore to profit and to keep his fugly face in the public eye.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan]I agree that we need to be more conscious of our environment and reduce pollution, but to have that idiot algore run around claiming the sky is falling when HE HIMSELF consumes MORE energy in a month than most Americans in a year is just beyond hypocritical.

Global warming IS CYCLICAL. The earth has had warming and cooling periods millions of years before man ever set foot on this planet.

Global warming hysteria is just another way for that shady sh*t stain algore to profit and to keep his fugly face in the public eye.[/QUOTE]

C'mon guys. Please stop with the hurtful posts.

Bit will fall off his bike.

He keeps telling us that anyone who disagrees with Gore is a Bush Toady...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper]C'mon guys. Please stop with the hurtful posts.

Bit will fall off his bike.

He keeps telling us that anyone who disagrees with Gore is a Bush Toady...[/QUOTE]

i challenge you to find anywhere in this forum where i've complimented Gore at all. I've never even seen Inconv. Truth.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Everyone shoud do their part on the ecology. I think some folks are taking this too far though.

I saw something on the web the other day about Mars having global warming.

How many SUV's do they drive on that planet?

[url]http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/printer2/index.asp?ploc=t&refer=http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/310560_mars06.html[/url]

No wonder Pluto is not a planet any longer, the ice there won't melt[/QUOTE]
    How about nuclear energy?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]i challenge you to find anywhere in this forum where i've complimented Gore at all. I've never even seen Inconv. Truth.[/QUOTE]
    Do you deny that you attack onyone who even hints that the Global Warming scare is overblown?

Captain SEMANTIC rides again...