Thread: Any Predictions on Locals?

All Pro

Any Predictions on Locals?

Lets hear some predictions on how the locals will fare this week in the 1st round

Buffalo-Islanders
    Devils-Tampa Bay
    Rangers-Atlanta

Devils are the favorite out of the 3. Simply because there goalie is head and shoulders better.

But I am pulling for Vancouver, and or Calgary. (I can't root for Ottawa) But yeah Canada hasn't had a cup victory in forever.

All Pro
    Rangers-Thrashers is interesting. The Thrashers defense is worse than the Rangers and the Rangers have a lot of trouble with big bruising fowards which Atlanta has a surplus of. If Henrik plays up to par and the forecheck is solid and the D in front of the net forces Kovalchuk away from the net the Rangers are going to take it. The longer it goes the harder it will be to win.

If the Islanders win one game I will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige
    I would have said the same thing about the Maple Leafs. Reason why I'm not totally bummed about them not making the playoffs because the Sabres where going to wipe the floor with them anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige
    What happened to DiPietro? Is he going to play at all or is he really done?

A healthy DiPietro would put a whole new spin on that series IMO. It would go from a virtual sweep to a possible 6 game series.

Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life

A healthy DiPietro would put a whole new spin on that series IMO. It would go from a virtual sweep to a possible 6 game series.
    I'm not too pissed at the Devils. (Even tho Brodeur was benched and Zajak didn't take the last penalty shot, Brylin blows) They battled back and it was the Maple Leafs fault for being in that situation in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    I'm not too pissed at the Devils. (Even tho Brodeur was benched and Zajak didn't take the last penalty shot, Brylin blows) They battled back and it was the Maple Leafs fault for being in that situation in the first place.
    lol, um...was that just a general OT thought? i thought i was getting a response to my comment about DiPietro there, lol...

lol, um...was that just a general OT thought? i thought i was getting a response to my comment about DiPietro there, lol...
    Haha yeah pretty general. I thought you as a Devils fan might want my opinion on the game. If not thats cool.

I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet
    Lets hear some predictions on how the locals will fare this week in the 1st round

Buffalo-Islanders
    Devils-Tampa Bay
    Rangers-Atlanta
    I only see the Devils making it out of the first round... and I think the Devils win the Stanley Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    I can understand their benching Brodeur, but why not just let Zajac or Elias take the last shot. Not that big a deal IMO.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet
    Rangers-Thrashers is interesting. The Thrashers defense is worse than the Rangers and the Rangers have a lot of trouble with big bruising fowards which Atlanta has a surplus of. If Henrik plays up to par and the forecheck is solid and the D in front of the net forces Kovalchuk away from the net the Rangers are going to take it. The longer it goes the harder it will be to win.
    I think the Rangers have the best shot of any underdog in the East. If Henrik plays as well as he did down the stretch and the Rangers D comes to play, I think they'll have a good shot. From the games Ive seen of the Rangers this year, I think their D is questionable. They have plenty of talent to score up front, much as I hate to admit it.

As far as the Isles go, they are pretty much out classed by the Sabres right now. Playing at their best, they have a punchers chance, but they're so inconsistent, its highly unlikely they put together enough strong games to win the series. Our D is simply too slow to create scoring opportunities and keep up the with Sabres forwards.

Devils should go through, no problem.

good question... any Newsday readers have anything on this?

Veteran
    I heard on the radio Dipietro is highly questionable.

Ironically, the best East series should be Pitt-Ottawa

Rangers obviously have the best shot at a round 1 upset, however us Ranger fans also have to rooting for the Isles and Tampa as well.