Thread: OT: David Wright.

OT: David Wright.

i love the guy, and the slow start doesnt bother me one bit BUT does the guy get into the most 0-2 counts EVER or what?

i bet if you could go back to his every at bat last and this year he is in 0-2 counts like 70% of the time.....its insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-O-Gold
    i love the guy, and the slow start doesnt bother me one bit BUT does the guy get into the most 0-2 counts EVER or what?

i bet if you could go back to his every at bat last and this year he is in 0-2 counts like 70% of the time.....its insane.
    although it early, his lack of power from the end of last year and begininnig of this year is starting to worry me, i think last year in june he had 10 hrs, aftre that he has been really lacking so far.....its still early but that is in the back of my head

Wright is hitting .292 with a .370 On Base Percentage so far this season and has gotten a hit in Every Game of this season. I wouldn't worry about him too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m
    Wright is hitting .292 with a .370 On Base Percentage so far this season and has gotten a hit in Every Game of this season. I wouldn't worry about him too much.

Funny thing is, those are good numbers for a 2 hitter. He had some real good swings yesterday, especially the rip into right center that Jones robbed.

I went on record before the season saying he'd have a down year. I see something line .280 and 15-20 HR's. I hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets
    Funny thing is, those are good numbers for a 2 hitter. He had some real good swings yesterday, especially the rip into right center that Jones robbed.

I went on record before the season saying he'd have a down year. I see something line .280 and 15-20 HR's. I hope I'm wrong.
    It's the first week of the season, don't go patting yourself on the back just yet.

The problem with David Wright is the fans, they expect Albert Pujols, but Wright isn't Pujols and never will be. He's more like Scott Rolen than Pujols with the bat, and that isn't the worst thing in the world. Wright is a very good player, I have no worries about him.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    It's the first week of the season, don't go patting yourself on the back just yet.
    Do you mean like the Braves are doing right now?

lol not one person got the point of my post which i thought was pretty clear

LAST YEAR AND THIS YEAR...David Wright gets into 0-2 counts over and over again........i am not worried about him this year just like i didnt worry last year when he hit 360 in september.

lol not one person got the point of my post which i thought was pretty clear

LAST YEAR AND THIS YEAR...David Wright gets into 0-2 counts over and over again........i am not worried about him this year just like i didnt worry last year when he hit 360 in september.

yeah wright takes strike 2 way too often, imo...

i can understand taking strike one, but i'd like to see him swing at the first pitch sometimes......he almost always gets a first pitch strike, cause they know he's going to take it.

anyway, like i was saying i can understand going into an at-bat with the midset of at least taking strike one, but taking strike 2 as often as he does, i think he does it way too often....

granted alot of those strike 2's are on foul balls, but that goe sback to the point of him NEVER swinging at the first pitch strikes.......

but, fwiw, he does work the count full and awful lot of the time it seems

Somewhat on topic this time, I do agree it seems like he is almost always behind in the count though, but at the same time he seems to hit better with 2 Strikes, as he shortens up his swing.

I do think he'd be a better overall hitter if he didn't take as many strikes though. Make the pitchers work more to get you to 2 strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    yeah wright takes strike 2 way too often, imo...

i can understand taking strike one, but i'd like to see him swing at the first pitch sometimes......he almost always gets a first pitch strike, cause they know he's going to take it.

anyway, like i was saying i can understand going into an at-bat with the midset of at least taking strike one, but taking strike 2 as often as he does, i think he does it way too often....

granted alot of those strike 2's are on foul balls, but that goe sback to the point of him NEVER swinging at the first pitch strikes.......

but, fwiw, he does work the count full and awful lot of the time it seems
    i couldnt stand how piazza would always take that first pitch fastball right down the pipe

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m
    Somewhat on topic this time, I do agree it seems like he is almost always behind in the count though, but at the same time he seems to hit better with 2 Strikes, as he shortens up his swing.

I do think he'd be a better overall hitter if he didn't take as many strikes though. Make the pitchers work more to get you to 2 strikes.
    i understand that he is a good hitter when he shortens up, but wouldnt it be better to be in a position to look for your pitch to hit, rather then just trying to make sure you dont make an out? just frustrating sometimes.