Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Mets GAME THREAD

New York Mets GAME THREAD

Let's try and clean things up here. If everyone is cool with it. We can discuss all games here.

Phillies @ Mets tonight. Home Opener

Maine on the mound for the Mets.
    Hamels on the mound for the Phillies.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 04-09-2007 at 12:56 PM.

Oh, I'm excited to watch Hamels own tonight. This guys going to be one of the top 5 pitchers in the NL in a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato
    Oh, I'm excited to watch Hamels own tonight. This guys going to be one of the top 5 pitchers in the NL in a couple of years.
    I don't know much about him. I'll switch back and forth from the Yanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    He was as highly touted as Kazmir in their draft year, and absolutely dominated the minors. The only thing that has held this guy back is injuries. He's got a better changeup than Santana, his fastball hits 95, and his curveball is inconsistent but has been a plus pitch in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    Yanks play at night. Mets during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Yanks play at night. Mets during the day.
    Yeah? Well I have things to do a little later. Oh well.

Hamels is owning right now. He looks so much more together mechanically this year.

Of course I start typing as soon as the pitcher gets a hit.

He is REALLY looking impressive with his ability to bear down and spot his pitches.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 04-09-2007 at 02:22 PM.

Maine can't get out of the 5th. That 3-2 fastball with 1-2nd, 2 out in the 5th was just brutal. I think he has a chance to have a great season, but I expected more from him today.

Jets Insider VIP
    What is Willies deal??? Why you leave in a righty to face Horward there is beyond me. He continues to do this time in time again. You either walk Howard or bring in a lefty. WIllie is proving time and time again he has no clue in regards to the bull pen. good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by ruby2glocks
    What is Willies deal??? Why you leave in a righty to face Horward there is beyond me. He continues to do this time in time again. You either walk Howard or bring in a lefty. WIllie is proving time and time again he has no clue in regards to the bull pen. good grief.
    While I agree you they shoulda walked Howard it isn't fair to rip Willie for it. He is never going to get it right 100% of the time. Hindsight is 20/20. To be fair Howard hadn't hit anything all year long.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan
    While I agree you they shoulda walked Howard it isn't fair to rip Willie for it. He is never going to get it right 100% of the time. Hindsight is 20/20. To be fair Howard hadn't hit anything all year long.
    Yeah all 6 games...

Jets Insider VIP
    Its completely fair to rip Willie for this. How about not walking Bonds last year in the 9th with Wags to name one other time. He continues to do this. How about last year in the playoff leaving Perez in to face a righty? Endy saved his hide, but it still was an unexcusable call by Willie. He has shown no growth as manager of the Mets in this area, and it is starting to really get to me.

Also, just because Howard hasnt hit in what 6 games, means nothing. He is the reigning MVP and home run champ. TO leave a lefty in to face him is beyond ridiculous. Terrible decision.

Its completely fair to rip Willie for this. How about not walking Bonds last year in the 9th with Wags to name one other time. He continues to do this. How about last year in the playoff leaving Perez in to face a righty? Endy saved his hide, but it still was an unexcusable call by Willie. He has shown no growth as manager of the Mets in this area, and it is starting to really get to me.

Also, just because Howard hasnt hit in what 6 games, means nothing. He is the reigning MVP and home run champ. TO leave a lefty in to face him is beyond ridiculous. Terrible decision.
    Dude it's not the end of the world. It's the sixth inning vs a guy that is slumping. And like you said its the 7th game of the season. To complain how Willie handles the staff after winning 97 games with 14 different starters last year is simply being greedy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Dude it's not the end of the world. It's the sixth inning vs a guy that is slumping. And like you said its the 7th game of the season. To complain how Willie handles the staff after winning 97 games with 14 different starters last year is simply being greedy.
    A bad move is a bad move. Wheter its the 7th game or 97th game. And it not that i am just complaining about this sole game. he does this ALL THE TIME.

A bad move is a bad move. Wheter its the 7th game or 97th game. And it not that i am just complaining about this sole game. he does this ALL THE TIME.
    Ok but if he does it all the time. And they win 97 games. He must get it right a lot too.

Nice play by Aaron Rowand to save a run.

Jets Insider VIP
    Ok but if he does it all the time. And they win 97 games. He must get it right a lot too.
    Touche. He definitely didnt get it right here though. Who the heck leaves in a bum lefty to face the reigning MVP in a clutch situation? Just thinking about it makes me angry.

And to tell you the truth, If Bobby V had this team they would have won more than 97 games last year!

Touche. He definitely didnt get it right here though. Who the heck leaves in a bum lefty to face the reigning MVP in a clutch situation? Just thinking about it makes me angry.

And to tell you the truth, If Bobby V had this team they would have won more than 97 games last year!
    Bobby V needs a job in the US

All Pro
    9-5 Mets, awesome Jimmy Rollins chant....scratch that 11-5

Jets Insider VIP
    looks like i started to cry a bit too early. sorry bout that. lol.