Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT - Playoff Hockey in Manhattan

Undrafted Free Agent

OT - Playoff Hockey in Manhattan

With TSN and VS. carrying most of the playoffs, does anyone know what channels (if any) these games will be on??? This could be a serious problem if they are not aired in the area. TWCNYC doesn't even have TSN (i think)...

Regardless, GO ISLANDERS and RUCK the FANGERS!

Islanders playoff games will not be televised. The local NY/NJ tv conglomerates have agreed to only air Rangers and Devils games.

Hockey? What is this hockey that you speak of?

Jets Insider VIP
    Boca Raton, FL / Surrendered my PSL's biatches
    Quote Originally Posted by 51VILMA
    With TSN and VS. carrying most of the playoffs, does anyone know what channels (if any) these games will be on??? This could be a serious problem if they are not aired in the area. TWCNYC doesn't even have TSN (i think)...

Regardless, GO ISLANDERS and RUCK the FANGERS!
    I hope your Fairy Islanders aren't on

Veteran
    Regardless, it will force MSG/FSN to do some maneuvering. The rule of thumb for the Islanders and Devils will be that the one playing at home gets FSN and the other gets FSN2. So Thursday, the Rangers will be on MSG, the Devils on FSN and the Isles on FSN2. Channel information for FSN2 is to be posted at nyoverflow.com.

For Game 2, the Rangers will be on NBC, opening MSG for the Islanders. The Rangers have Tuesday to themselves and will be on MSG.

Undrafted Free Agent
    In most if not all NY publications and espn.com, the only channels they list are TSN and Vs. To me, that means that FSN and MSG are out of the picture. Which makes some sense as this is the playoffs and the NHL sells the rights to all games. I don't know what to say anymore, but I have a bad feeling about this...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by baldnuts1
    I hope your Fairy Islanders aren't on
    And chiming in all the way from Boca... I wouldn't want to say anything too mean... Don't want to give you a stroke or a heart attack.

I hope you're a Florida Panther fan in which case you can enjoy the offseason...

Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by 51VILMA
    In most if not all NY publications and espn.com, the only channels they list are TSN and Vs. To me, that means that FSN and MSG are out of the picture. Which makes some sense as this is the playoffs and the NHL sells the rights to all games. I don't know what to say anymore, but I have a bad feeling about this...
    TSN is national broadcasting in Canada. All local teams will be on their respective local channels unless they are on Versus or NBC.

The Islander/Sabre games will have to be on cable after 8 pm due to the graphic scenes of sodomy the Sabres will be inflicting on the Isles.

GO SABRES!!!!!

Did anyone try getting tickets for the Rangers? I called at 11:55, and tried online. Finally I got one person to help me, and I got 2 tickets for game 6... of the 2nd round.

Those were the only paired tickets left!

Ridiculous!!

The NHL announced today that the games will not be shown in the NY metro area due to the series "Pretty much being over before it starts"

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist
    Did anyone try getting tickets for the Rangers? I called at 11:55, and tried online. Finally I got one person to help me, and I got 2 tickets for game 6... of the 2nd round.

Those were the only paired tickets left!

Ridiculous!!
    Awww...too bad you won't be able to use those tickets then

Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life
    Awww...too bad you won't be able to use those tickets then
    My only concern is that the Rangers beat the Devils in 5 games in the 2nd round.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Buffboy
    The Islander/Sabre games will have to be on cable after 8 pm due to the graphic scenes of sodomy the Sabres will be inflicting on the Isles.

GO SABRES!!!!!
    OUCH.

Harsh.....but fair.

If the Isles steal a game, it would be a moral victory.

But just remember Buffy, the last time we played, its was Mike Dunham in goal....not saying that it will be any different this time, but Dubliewicz is light years better than him (not saying much).

Does anyone know if Ricky has a chance of coming back for the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino
    OUCH.

Harsh.....but fair.

But just remember Buffy, the last time we played, its was Mike Dunham in goal....not saying that it will be any different this time, but Dubliewicz is light years better than him (not saying much).

To be real, I am a little nervous about this series. I think if the Sabres play their game, they should be able to solidly handle the Isles, but the Isles are focused, and now playing with house money...they have nothing to lose by going balls out, and Ted Nolan is a master motivater.

Should be fun.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino
    OUCH.

Harsh.....but fair.

paper said if he passes some tests today he could practice. He would still need to practice thoughand would be rusty obviously. Dubie is the hot hand so they should ride him out until Rick looks like him typical self in practce which could be a while and if Dubie gets you past the Sabres, the momentum might be to big to play DiPietro. You also dont want him to risk his future for these playoffs, he is signed kinda long term.

Jets Insider VIP
    Can someone please tell me why all 3 ****ing local teams are on the same night?

What sense does it have to have 3 western conference series on one night, and 3 eastern ones the next?

I would think it would benefit the NHL to put at least one of the NYR/NJ/NYI games on the other night, at least try to increase ratings for NY Metro area for 2 nights instead of just one....dopes...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked
    Can someone please tell me why all 3 ****ing local teams are on the same night?

What sense does it have to have 3 western conference series on one night, and 3 eastern ones the next?

I would think it would benefit the NHL to put at least one of the NYR/NJ/NYI games on the other night, at least try to increase ratings for NY Metro area for 2 nights instead of just one....dopes...

I found that weird too. And I can't help it...I love hypnotoad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFranchise
    I found that weird too. And I can't help it...I love hypnotoad.
    LMAO, nice...

I was pretty sure it was almost always 2 east and 2 west games each night in the first round...oh well...