Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duke Lacrosse Charges to Be Completely Dropped

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Duke Lacrosse Charges to Be Completely Dropped

time for bitonti and the rest of the race baiters to find something else to become indignant about...

[QUOTE][B]Duke Lacrosse Case Charges to Be Dropped
    Three Players Were Facing Charges of First Degree Kidnapping, First Degree Forcible Sexual Offense

By LARA SETRAKIAN
    ABC News Law & Justice Unit[/B]

April 10, 2007 The office of Attorney General Roy Cooper will announce that he is dismissing all charges against three Duke Lacrosse players, ABC News has learned from sources close to the case. The reasons that will be cited for the dismissal are not yet known.

The three players, Reade Seligmann, David Evans and Collin Finnerty were facing charges of first degree kidnapping and first degree forcible sexual offense. The charges stem from an off-campus party on the night of March 13, 2006. In the hours after the party, one of two dancers hired to perform for the players claimed she had been violently raped in a bathroom by members of the lacrosse team.

The players had also been indicted for first degree rape, but that charge was dismissed on Dec. 22, 2006. [/QUOTE]

[url]http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3028515&page=1[/url]

Outrageous and a very embarrassing situation.

unbelievable... I loved it when so many people declared these guys 100% guilty from the beginning too

Bitonti had these guys convicted and headed to the gallows the day after the accusation.

I haven't seen him mention the 3 University of Minnesota football players charged with rape. Maybe because they are black.

Bitonti, are they guilty too?

Its only racially motivated when whites do it to an African American!

There may not be a racial aspect to this but the reality is there are prosecutors all over the country with life and death power over people who clearly use their power for political reasons. The difference here is the prosecutor went after rich and powerful people with the means to fight back. In most cases like this they are under the radar and people end up roting in jail if they aren't rich and powerful enough to fight back. How many other people has this prosecutor wrongly sent to jail?

OJ was found not guilty

the legal system is prone to breakdowns like this, especially when people have good lawyers

the prosecutor f--ked it up from the get go

these guys were not boy scouts they may or may not have raped this girl but either way they put themselves in a stupid situation and i bet they've done enough bad things in their time that karma was served

[QUOTE=bitonti]OJ was found not guilty

the legal system is prone to breakdowns like this, especially when people have good lawyers

the prosecutor f--ked it up from the get go

these guys were not boy scouts they may or may not have raped this girl but either way they put themselves in a stupid situation and i bet they've done enough bad things in their time that karma was served[/QUOTE]

why do you have it out for these guys?

[QUOTE=pauliec]why do you have it out for these guys?[/QUOTE]

as i said in the original thread many moons ago i have alot of contacts in the lacrosse world. I have family who are coaches and high level players. I know that team and i know how they built their program - granted i don't know that they are guilty but they are definately capable of such things. It is a team of meatheads and they are basically a blight on the sport before this happened. These guys are comprised of mostly B level football players who would rather play D1 lax than D1AA football - a bunch of juice monkies. to be honest i love the sport of lacrosse and it was apparent long before this incident that these guys were going to give the sport a black eye. it wasn't clear exactly how but it was only a matter of time. trust me these guys were not sitting around studying their economic text books with this girl... and this incident was not isolated - they used to do crap like that every weekend. The only reason anyone heard about it is because the girl was black and it made a good story. These guys take advantage of alot of people and university always covered it up before this happened. The prosecutor may have been corrupt and that's a different issue but i know the culture of this team and trust me when i say this was a long time coming.
    Last edited by bitonti; 04-11-2007 at 09:48 AM.

[QUOTE=bitonti]as i said in the original thread many moons ago i have alot of contacts in the lacrosse world. I have family who are coaches and high level players. I know that team and i know how they built their program - granted i don't know that they are guilty but they are definately capable of such things. It is a team of meatheads and they are basically a blight on the sport before this happened. These guys are comprised of mostly B level football players who would rather play D1 lax than D1AA football - a bunch of juice monkies. to be honest i love the sport of lacrosse and it was apparent long before this incident that these guys were going to give the sport a black eye. it wasn't clear exactly how but it was only a matter of time. trust me these guys were not sitting around studying their economic text books with this girl... and this incident was not isolated - they used to do crap like that every weekend. The only reason anyone heard about it is because the girl was black and it made a good story. These guys take advantage of alot of people and university always covered it up before this happened. The prosecutor may have been corrupt and that's a different issue but i know the culture of this team and trust me when i say this was a long time coming.[/QUOTE]

Bit, What you say goes both ways in the world today. Both Blacks and Whites get away with murder in college simply because they are a source of profit to colleges. There is something very wrong with our educational systems as a whole!

[QUOTE=MnJetFan]Bit, What you say goes both ways in the world today. Both Blacks and Whites get away with murder in college simply because they are a source of profit to colleges. There is something very wrong with our educational systems as a whole![/QUOTE]

agreed - but on the other hand we are recognised as having the best college/university system in the world so the schools must be doing something right. my problem is specifically with the sport of lacrosse, which i hope becomes more popular - guys like the Duke lax trio hurt that effort, and the worst part is that everyone in the lax world knew it wasn't a matter of if but when something like this would happen. the media plays a part here too, if it was a white stripper there would be no story or contrarily if it was a group of black football players and a black stripper again it's not as exciting of a story. sexual assualt and rape of all kinds occur on campuses around the country every weekend, but the stories don't get told.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bitonti]as i said in the original thread many moons ago i have alot of contacts in the lacrosse world. I have family who are coaches and high level players. I know that team and i know how they built their program - granted i don't know that they are guilty but they are definately capable of such things. It is a team of meatheads and they are basically a blight on the sport before this happened. These guys are comprised of mostly B level football players who would rather play D1 lax than D1AA football - a bunch of juice monkies. to be honest i love the sport of lacrosse and it was apparent long before this incident that these guys were going to give the sport a black eye. it wasn't clear exactly how but it was only a matter of time. trust me these guys were not sitting around studying their economic text books with this girl... and this incident was not isolated - they used to do crap like that every weekend. The only reason anyone heard about it is because the girl was black and it made a good story. These guys take advantage of alot of people and university always covered it up before this happened. The prosecutor may have been corrupt and that's a different issue but i know the culture of this team and trust me when i say this was a long time coming.[/QUOTE]

I don't know dude, that's a boat load of accusations you are throwing around. Granted, I don't know any of these "meatheads" at all, but something tells me you are bitter about somethings.

By-the-way, I am capable of walking up behind you and slitting your throat... should I be tried for attempted murder because I was "capable" of doing it?

Stupid comment on your part. JMHO

[QUOTE=JetFanTransplant]
    Stupid comment on your part. [/QUOTE]

you said it yourself you don't know these guys and you don't know the culture of lacrosse (it's a small world) so how can you judge whether it's a stupid comment? you guys think i just spout crap without knowledge, that's not the case. you are right i do have a personal agenda i want lacrosse to grow in the country. that's my agenda.

Do you know the specific Duke program or are you just talking about LAX college programs in general?

[QUOTE=pauliec]Do you know the specific Duke program or are you just talking about LAX college programs in general?[/QUOTE]

the specific duke program - it is an anomaly. the coach that was fired was a jackass and he collected lax turds like Marvin Lewis does with the Bengals and football turds. if you don't believe me, ask someone who knows the program. not to say that other lax programs are populated by saints but the duke guys were especially bad and have been for a long while.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bitonti]you said it yourself you don't know these guys and you don't know the culture of lacrosse (it's a small world) so how can you judge whether it's a stupid comment? you guys think i just spout crap without knowledge, that's not the case. you are right i do have a personal agenda i want lacrosse to grow in the country. that's my agenda.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]granted i don't know that they are guilty but they are definately capable of such things. [/QUOTE]

My point was referring to this specific statement... You cannot prosecute someone just because they are "capable" of such things.

Maybe more appropriate to say they are more apt to do something like this then others or something. Just about everyone is "capable" of committing a something like this.

FWIW, I have a good friend & coworker that is a high school LAX coach and has played on the collegiate level and he has no idea why you have such a personal vendetta against these guys. Granted he is in FL so maybe he's just detached.

[QUOTE=bitonti]the specific duke program - it is an anomaly. the coach that was fired was a jackass and he collected lax turds like Marvin Lewis does with the Bengals and football turds. if you don't believe me, ask someone who knows the program. not to say that other lax programs are populated by saints but the duke guys were especially bad and have been for a long while.[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't know anything about the Duke program or its players, so I'll have to take your word on it.

[QUOTE=pauliec]Do you know the specific Duke program or are you just talking about LAX college programs in general?[/QUOTE]

He doesn't know jack sh*t.

He's just trying to cover his azz because he had these guys tried, convicted and ready to be hung....

Hall Of Fame
    Let me guess Bitonti, this is yet another thing you were "right" about, huh?

You are amazing, simply amazing.

Your OJ analogy is beyond lame and absurd. These guys from Duke were not "found innocent" like OJ was, the charges were dropped! The investigators concluded that a trial would be a waste of everyone's time because of the utter lack of evidence and an accuser who has zero credibility. That is not the same thing as OJ going to trial and being found not guilty.

But hey, you know some guys who know some guys. You are truly a piece of work. Yes, this is another thing you have been "right" about.....

The only reason was it was a bunch of upper middle class white men that took advantage of a poor black stripper. Who by the way is bi-polar, as well as other mental issues.