Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official DEVILS Game Thread!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Official DEVILS Game Thread!

I'll be listening to this one on a scratchy radio in work, but have sweet seats for saturday. Go Marty!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Number four baby!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good start, 2-0, that was a nice shot by Elias.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    3-0 Rafalski!

This goalie looks easy. Almost was 4-1 with a shorthanded goal.

Edit. Gave it to Elias.
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 04-12-2007 at 08:42 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    5-3 final, Devs!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The stupid tuberculoids are lucky they didn't lose 9-2 the Devils were really in the driver's seat in that game. I was worried about this matchup, but this game has really put me at ease.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice win. Last year in the 8 first round series, only 1/2 the teams who won game 1 eventually moved on to the next round. In other words: you have just as good a chance of loosing the series now than you did yesterday.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not so much the win as much as the way they won. They didn't really seem to be struggling at any point, but controlling the flow of the game well. When TB had their offensive flurries, the Devils seemed to keep their cool. They did make a couple errors though, but I think they can really tighten up on those.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    what was up with the attendance? Game 1 of the playoffs and they only put 14000 people in the seats?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken O'Brien #7
    what was up with the attendance? Game 1 of the playoffs and they only put 14000 people in the seats?
    I can only speak for myself. I work weekday nites, so the only first round game I'll get to is tomorrow. Good for me cuz the prices are crazy. How many games RU attending?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    if we played anyone within driving distance, I would be there....unfortunately, I live in 2 hours from the nearest major city, PA...

If we end up playing Jersey at some point, I should be able to get to a game up there. Its only about a 3 hour drive.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    if we played anyone within driving distance, I would be there....unfortunately, I live in 2 hours from the nearest major city, PA...

If we end up playing Jersey at some point, I should be able to get to a game up there. Its only about a 3 hour drive.
    Do Penguins fans support thier team well? Why are they so anxious to fly the coup? I think the move will work wonders for the Devils next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Penguins fans support very well, the biggest problem is the craptastic Governor we have. He wouldn't approve the funding needed for a new arena, and the city wasn't really cooperating either. Finally, when it came down to the final hour, Ed Rendell ponied up the money, and Pittsburgh is getting their new arena. The need one desperately, the Mellon Arena sucks.

I've only been out to that arena once, because it is a long 3.5 hour drive from my house (all of it on the PA Turnpike, one of the most boring roads in America). That place really is a dump(the arena, not the town.)

As for Buffalo, I would really like to get up there for a playoff game but they have been sold out since about an hour after they went on sale...and for me, even though I have family up there I can stay with, a 5.5 hour drive up, a $200 hockey ticket, Gas, Food, the obligatory souvenier, and the 5.5 hour drive back the next day turns a mildly expensive trip into a 500 dollar excursion...

I have said it before on a couple of Sabres boards I visit...I can't understand why the Devils are having trouble putting people in the seats...they have a Cup-Quality team on the ice (even though it is really boring hockey, for the most part), and you can't beat the experience of a live NHL playoff game...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ken O'Brien #7]The Penguins fans support very well, the biggest problem is the craptastic Governor we have. He wouldn't approve the funding needed for a new arena, and the city wasn't really cooperating either. Finally, when it came down to the final hour, Ed Rendell ponied up the money, and Pittsburgh is getting their new arena. The need one desperately, the Mellon Arena sucks.[quote/]So a new arena will generate more $$? IMO they could keep this old football stadium and build Xanadu around it, but what do I know?

I've only been out to that arena once, because it is a long 3.5 hour drive from my house (all of it on the PA Turnpike, one of the most boring roads in America). That place really is a dump(the arena, not the town.)
    You're talking to the wrong guy for sympathy. I've been to a Jets playoff game, and before Heinz, a Dead concert. Noone hates driving more than me. Noone.

As for Buffalo, I would really like to get up there for a playoff game but they have been sold out since about an hour after they went on sale...and for me, even though I have family up there I can stay with, a 5.5 hour drive up, a $200 hockey ticket, Gas, Food, the obligatory souvenier, and the 5.5 hour drive back the next day turns a mildly expensive trip into a 500 dollar excursion...
    I expect the Sabes to win it all, but don't be shocked if DiP comes back and shuts them out.

I have said it before on a couple of Sabres boards I visit...I can't understand why the Devils are having trouble putting people in the seats...they have a Cup-Quality team on the ice (even though it is really boring hockey, for the most part), and you can't beat the experience of a live NHL playoff game...
    Here's why. The place we play at is far removed from anywhere. No restaurants/bars within walking distance. This is a mass transit area, we like to drink. I live 2 blocks from a major transportation hub, but there's STILL no bus or train directly to the Sports Complex. The tracks are finally being laid down, but it's 10 years too late. It might come in useful for the Jets, or even horse racing, but when it winds up in Newark it's an 11 minute PATH train ride, even though the NJSEAA is closer. I'm 10 minutes by car from the stadium yet It'll cost me more than my ticket to get a cab RT tomorrow. Next year it's $3.00.
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 04-14-2007 at 03:05 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JumbalayaJet]
    The Penguins fans support very well, the biggest problem is the craptastic Governor we have. He wouldn't approve the funding needed for a new arena, and the city wasn't really cooperating either. Finally, when it came down to the final hour, Ed Rendell ponied up the money, and Pittsburgh is getting their new arena. The need one desperately, the Mellon Arena sucks.[quote/]So a new arena will generate more $$? IMO they could keep this old football stadium and build Xanadu around it, but what do I know?

You're talking to the wrong guy for sympathy. I've been to a Jets playoff game, and before Heinz, a Dead concert. Noone hates driving more than me. Noone.

I expect the Sabes to win it all, but don't be shocked if DiP comes back and shuts them out.

Here's why. The place we play at is far removed from anywhere. No restaurants/bars within walking distance. This is a mass transit area, we like to drink. I live 2 blocks from a major transportation hub, but there's STILL no bus or train directly to the Sports Complex. The tracks are finally being laid down, but it's 10 years too late. It might come in useful for the Jets, or even horse racing, but when it winds up in Newark it's an 11 minute PATH train ride, even though the NJSEAA is closer. I'm 10 minutes by car from the stadium yet It'll cost me more than my ticket to get a cab RT tomorrow. Next year it's $3.00.
    I don't mind the driving as much as the road...The turnpike sucks. At least if I was driving to NJ or Buffalo for a game, there is scenery. Going to Pittsburgh is 3.5 hours of pavement. I don't know. My Dad called me tonight and was trying to talk me into going to Buffalo should the Sabres go into the 2nd round...Like I said before, I would love to, but it depends if "The Banker" (my wife) will be sympathetic over the "once in a lifetime opportunity" to see a possible Stanley Cup Winner!

I don't know that DiP will make too much of a difference...I said it in the Islander game thread that Dubie did not hurt them at all in that game...He played his ass off. But he also faced almost 40 shots, not to mention that every time he turned around, his team was making a horrible shot and the rebound was going the other way for a 2 on 1 or a 3 on 2.

That is an interesting explanation of the area around the arena. I have never been up there, so I really had no idea...I guess I take for granted, from living in Buffalo, an arena in the middle of the city with your corner bar within walking distance. Hopefully, for the Devils' sake, they can get a better turnout for the EC Finals is the Sabres and Devils meet...Sabres fans travel well, and in hordes. I am sure they will have no problem filling those empty seats with Blue and Gold jerseys.

BTW, It is nice to have a real hockey conversation with someone on here...I have been in far too many useless hockey arguments.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I know about the Penn Tpke because I saw all the accidents on the way back from that playoff game. I've been up to Buffalo a few times, in fact I drove there after the 3 Rivers concert and froze my ass off on July 4th in Rich Stadium. I stayed downtown for a Jets game and the pubs are great. Hockey is not a tailgating sport and East Rutherford is more desolate than Orchard Park. Even though Newark is a high crime area, the new digs being within a city will greatly enhance the game day experience. Good luck. For now.
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 04-14-2007 at 10:50 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    This is an important game for us. Don't want to go down 2-1 against a team that seems to have our number. Go Devs!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Tied up, 1-1 on a Madden goal. Anyone know what radio station is carrying the game?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tough loss...they will have to come back real hard in Game 4...they can't go down 3-1.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Tough matchup for us. When they split up their scorers we can't do the same w/ our checking line.