Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Islanders Playoff Thread

Islanders Playoff Thread

There was none so I made one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

So what's the score?

Anyone know the channel of SFNY2 on Time Warner cable?

Quote Originally Posted by chazman
    Anyone know the channel of SFNY2 on Time Warner cable?
    Its somewhere on the list.
    http://www.nyoverflow.com/c.html

Boy you Islanders fans are RABID!!!
    What happened, are you missing Chris Simon?

doesn't look too good for the Isles, but I gotta say, you guys played the Sabres great. If you keep this up, you can make a series out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolGreen222
    doesn't look too good for the Isles, but I gotta say, you guys played the Sabres great. If you keep this up, you can make a series out of it.
    Yes, I agree. All four games will be close!

I didn't think it was that close...The Sabres definitely pulled far away in the 3rd...Sabres had the power play clicking tonight, and throughout the 3rd period, it looked like NY was completely out of gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken O'Brien #7
    I didn't think it was that close...The Sabres definitely pulled far away in the 3rd...Sabres had the power play clicking tonight, and throughout the 3rd period, it looked like NY was completely out of gas.
    It was close for the first two periods.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige
    It was close for the first two periods.
    On the scoreboard anyway....We had 1 shot in the first period. One shot.

Id like to say that if we had Ricky it would have made a difference, but that wouldn't be genuine. Dubie played really well.

All evidence points to a quick series right now. Hopefully that changes.

Dubie played his arse off tonight...he did not hurt the Isles one bit...the fact that every shot they took went off of the shin of a Sabre player killed them....that and every time you turned around they were giving up an odd-man rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet
    That is great news.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige
    That is great news.
    On the surface, it's great news but goalie is the toughest position in hockey to return from injury and lay-off and perform at your peak. DiPietro will likely not be his sharpest. I'd like to see a good series. As a Ranger fan and from a selfish point of view, I'd like to see every series go to 7 games (except the Rangers/Thrasher series and, of course, have the Rangers win in less than 7) so that the Rangers' next opponent is a little weary. I sincerely do not believe the Buffalo/Islander nor the Devils/Tampa Bay series will go 6, much less 7. I could be wrong but that's my gut feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy
    On the surface, it's great news but goalie is the toughest position in hockey to return from injury and lay-off and perform at your peak. DiPietro will likely not be his sharpest. I'd like to see a good series. As a Ranger fan and from a selfish point of view, I'd like to see every series go to 7 games (except the Rangers/Thrasher series and, of course, have the Rangers win in less than 7) so that the Rangers' next opponent is a little weary. I sincerely do not believe the Buffalo/Islander nor the Devils/Tampa Bay series will go 6, much less 7. I could be wrong but that's my gut feeling.
    My original prediction for the Islander/Sabres series was Sabres in 5, but if NY keeps up the same type of offensive strategy they had last night, they will be done in 4. You just can't take two steps into the zone and fire away all night long...Buffalo did a great job of shot blocking last night, which gave them an odd-man rush every 30 seconds.

The Devil/Lightning series is an interesting one...If TB can get any sort of consistancy out of their goaltender(whomever that may be), they can make it a series...but stupid mistakes like they had last night will continue to cost them the series...you have to play fundamental hockey against NJ...you have to score early and force NJ to take chances. It is your only way to beat them. Take a look at the way that Buffalo played them in the last meeting they had. The Sabres scored early, and by the 2nd period, NJ gave up on their system a little and tried to skate with Buffalo, and it cost them.

I had originally said Tampa in 7 for that series, but the way it looks, it may be Jersey in 6.

As far as the Rangers/Thrashers go...If the Rangers keep the tempo up, they will be fine...I expected them to win this in 5.

2-1 Islanders after 1.

Same score after 2 periods.

Goal!!!!!!

3-2 Islanders

Islanders Win!!!!!!!!!!!!!