Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike & the Mad Dog were just KILLING MSNBC, Olbermann, and CBS

Mike & the Mad Dog were just KILLING MSNBC, Olbermann, and CBS

I just had on Mike and Chris in the car, it was hilarious. Russo was in full rabid dog form, it was really the first time I've ever heard these guys talk about the ratings battle between Fox and MSNBC.

I'm paraphrasing here, but Mike started off by saying how bush league it was for MSNBC to fire Imus they way they did. (Paraphrasing their words now) "MSNBC, a network which gets NO ratings, gets killed by Fox every night of the week, fired their only big moneymaker, a guy who's been in the industry for 30 years as if he was nothing. Then, once they fired him, they reported only Imus news for the next 3 days. Essentially, they made their own news and reported on that news nonstop for the ratings.

"And anyway, they never get any ratings anyway. Olbermann is a prime example of what kind of crap MSNBC puts forth. O'Reilly kills him every night of the week, and we kill him and Dan Patrick during the one hour when both our shows are on... Olbermann is scumbag from way back. Here's a guy who used to idolize Imus, who would write letters to him addressed as a deity, who worshiped the ground he walked on. Now, last night on his show, Olbermann couldn't stop talking about how bad of a guy Imus was, how he made female interns constantly cry in the MSNBC studios and he witnessed it himself on several occasions. So, what? He waits until Imus is fired to speak up? If he was half of a man and it bothered him that much, he would tell Imus off to his face instead of waiting until he is fired and trash him on his show. What a disgrace of a man."

Then Mike told a story about how NBC offered a prime anchor job to Olbermann for the Athens summer Olympics, and Olbermann canceled on them last minute because he was afraid for his life, that there wasn't enough security in Athens for him to do his job. As Mike said, there were female interns walking around Greece without any problems.

Then they got on CBS, saying that at least MSNBC had the decency to fire Imus before his radioathon started -- CBS canned him in the middle of it.

I think they are still talking about Imus right now. Russo just said how he will be waiting for Sharpton to go after Snoop Dog. Put it on, it's gold.

These guys were a riot today and definitiely pissed off.

All Pro
    Yeah I heard it 2.....very funny

I couldn't believe they were ripping on CBS like that...brass balls :yes:

[QUOTE=LI2OH]Yeah I heard it 2.....very funny

I couldn't believe they were ripping on CBS like that...brass balls :yes:[/QUOTE]

I almost had tears in my eyes when they said Olbemann was too afraid to be an anchor at the Summer Olympics in Athens.

All Pro
    Ob is about to respond on the dan patrick show. :D

No jealousy there? Olbermann was offered big time jobs, Russo and Mad Dog would be lucky if anyone knows them outside of the NYC area.

[QUOTE=pauliec]I almost had tears in my eyes when they said Olbemann was too afraid to be an anchor at the Summer Olympics in Athens.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=LI2OH]Ob is about to respond on the dan patrick show. :D[/QUOTE]

oh damn I don't have a radio near me, see if you can sum up what he says in this thread

[QUOTE=cr726]No jealousy there? Olbermann was offered big time jobs, Russo and Mad Dog would be lucky if anyone knows them outside of the NYC area.[/QUOTE]

ehh, maybe, but I don't think so. They seemed pretty upset that Olbermann constantly sucked up to Imus, but as soon as he was fired he immediately got on his case for past transgressions.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

The made good points on how people like Dodd, Russert, etc had no problem using imus at any/every time for exposure and now these guys are jumping on the pile burrying him...

as much as I dislike fatcessa he does not back down to anyone....and loserman wouldn't even think of getting on the same broadcast as fatcessa to take on his remarks...

I am not sure about Olberman's relationship with Imus.

[QUOTE=pauliec]ehh, maybe, but I don't think so. They seemed pretty upset that Olbermann constantly sucked up to Imus, but as soon as he was fired he immediately got on his case for past transgressions.[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=pauliec]I almost had tears in my eyes when they said Olbemann was too afraid to be an anchor at the Summer Olympics in Athens.[/QUOTE]

probably too busy covering the WNBA and those napp...er, forget it....

All Pro
    [QUOTE=pauliec]oh damn I don't have a radio near me, see if you can sum up what he says in this thread[/QUOTE]

lame...very lame

he said he was going to address it and even mentioned the mike and mad dog show

then he badically said they have a right to their opinion and he feels Imus did some good things but he was wrong this time and should have been fired.

very weak response if you can even call it that. :cool:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]probably too busy covering the WNBA and those napp...er, forget it....[/QUOTE]

:funnyguy:

[QUOTE=cr726]I am not sure about Olberman's relationship with Imus.[/QUOTE]

Well, if what they said is true, it's consistent with Olbermann's scumbag history.

Olbermann and Patrick were pioneers in the modern "booya" sports highlight shows with their own version of Sportscenter. Olbermann was their darling son until he went nuts, berated and insulted everyone he worked with over there. He made fun of his colleagues, he fired off letters to all of his bosses, he was a pomous jerk. Even though he has since patched things up with Dan Patrick, he is still banned from entering the ESPN campus in Bristol.

As a result, I could definitely see Olbermann sucking up to Imus his whole life, until the day Imus gets fired and all of a sudden Olbermann says he's a scumbag who makes female interns cry and deserved to get fired.

[QUOTE=LI2OH]lame...very lame

he said he was going to address it and even mentioned the mike and mad dog show

then he badically said they have a right to their opinion and he feels Imus did some good things but he was wrong this time and should have been fired.

very weak response if you can even call it that. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I bet Olbermann is the biggest pu$$y in real life.

Props to Mike and Chris for not holding back today.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=pauliec]

...MSNBC, a network which gets NO ratings, gets killed by Fox every night of the week, fired their only big moneymaker, a guy who's been in the industry for 30 years as if he was nothing...

.[/QUOTE]

I think the point is he will no longer make them any money and therefore he had to go.
    They were not going to associate themselves with someone who does not make them cash and may make them look like racists. Now if he made them lots of money and made them look like racists he would still be there.

Corporate America in a nutshell

Banned
    [QUOTE=Buster]I think the point is he will no longer make them any money and therefore he had to go.
    They were not going to associate themselves with someone who does not make them cash and may make them look like racists. Now if he made them lots of money and made them look like racists he would still be there.

Corporate America in a nutshell[/QUOTE]

They could waited this out. In two or three weeks this b.s. would have blown over.

MSNBC and CBS have no balls.

I think there is more to this story than meets the eye:

[url]http://www.nohillaryclinton.com/[/url]

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=sourceworx]They could waited this out. In two or three weeks this b.s. would have blown over.

MSNBC and CBS have no balls.[/QUOTE]

They are running a corporation not a 1st amendment protection society.

Lesson is:

Don't get between the corporation and their Estimated Prophet.

[QUOTE=Buster]They are running a corporation not a 1st amendment protection society.

Lesson is:

Don't get between the corporation and their Estimated Prophet.[/QUOTE]

hah, profit or Prophet -- as in the Prophet Sharpton and the Good Reverend Jackson?

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]The made good points on how people like Dodd, Russert, etc had no problem using imus at any/every time for exposure and now these guys are jumping on the pile burrying him...

as much as I dislike fatcessa he does not back down to anyone....and loserman wouldn't even think of getting on the same broadcast as fatcessa to take on his remarks...[/QUOTE]
    Bull****.

Remember the day Leon Hess announced the hiring of Rich Kotite? He brought Mike and Chris into his office to sweet talk them before the announcement. All the did the whole day on their show after the announcement was kiss Leon's and Kotite's asses.

Fatboy constantly sucked up to Parcells as well.

These are as hypocritical as the rest of them.