Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Rangers/Thrashers: Official Game 2 Thread

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Rangers/Thrashers: Official Game 2 Thread

LET'S GO RANGERS!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sean Avery for PRESIDENT!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagoots

Sean Avery for PRESIDENT!!!
    Ah man, that was sweet .. Avery to Shanny, scooooooooooore!

Now the Rangers take a 2-0 lead back to the Garden

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope we take 4 straight because they way they are treating us we will need a week off to recuperate. I really think Renney doesn't get it??

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    How bout that 1st Goal by Avery .. that was the type of Goal I used to score in Air Hockey

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet
    Hope we take 4 straight because they way they are treating us we will need a week off to recuperate. I really think Renney doesn't get it??
    I agree. I don't understand what Orr is doing in the lineup over Hollweg. Is Hollweg hurting? I haven't heard that he is. We need Hollweg's hitting and energy. Having said that, the Rangers are showing that they are not intimidated by anyone and answer the aggressiveness of Atlanta by playing solid D and scoring opportune goals. Not to mention The King was awesome today.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy
    I agree. I don't understand what Orr is doing in the lineup over Hollweg. Is Hollweg hurting? I haven't heard that he is. We need Hollweg's hitting and energy. Having said that, the Rangers are showing that they are not intimidated by anyone and answer the aggressiveness of Atlanta by playing solid D and scoring opportune goals. Not to mention The King was awesome today.

I agree, we need to start delivering some hits back....Hollweg will definitely help in that department.....Atlanta is taking too many liberties right now......Bottom line however the Rangers withstood the hits and whipped the Thrashers a$$ twice in their own building....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Orr is in over Hollweg for offensive reasons. Orr can move the puck a bit and his line has some chemistry where as Hollweg has 0 hockey ability. The reason for the domination of hitting is because the Rangers constantly have the puck in the Atlanta zone. Plus the Trashers are just head hunting with there hits to which I say go nuts if they keep that up itll be over Wednesday.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    How bout that 1st Goal by Avery .. that was the type of Goal I used to score in Air Hockey
    Me too in Knock Hockey....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet

Me too in Knock Hockey....

No doubt, FJ .. I mastered that Sean Avery "Ricochet Goal" in knock hockey
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 04-15-2007 at 02:32 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet
    Orr is in over Hollweg for offensive reasons. Orr can move the puck a bit and his line has some chemistry where as Hollweg has 0 hockey ability. The reason for the domination of hitting is because the Rangers constantly have the puck in the Atlanta zone. Plus the Trashers are just head hunting with there hits to which I say go nuts if they keep that up itll be over Wednesday.
    Interesting point now that I've read the following article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/15/sp...tml?ref=hockey

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Orr is in over Hollweg for offensive reasons. Orr can move the puck a bit and his line has some chemistry where as Hollweg has 0 hockey ability.
    I respect that but I've gone on record already as not being a fan of Colton Orr on this team. I'd much rather have a Chris Neil type player who can forecheck, hit, fight when necessary and can put the biscuit in the basket. Granted Chris Neil's don't grow on trees but I hope the Rangers can find a better option than Colton Orr next year. Orr is doing squat in this series other than giving a breather to the other 3 lines. Having said that, while I like Ryan Hollweg, I understand his limitations. And he too is, in my mind, a waste of a body on this team as he is so one-dimensional. However, for this series, I think he would bring more energy and make the Thrashers keep their heads up.

The Rangers have a guy on the Wolfpack named Dane Byers who can mix it up and can score goals (mostly from in front of the net). He's a power forward. To me, he is a much better depth guy on this team next year than either Orr or Hollweg. He was the Rangers 2nd round pick (#48 overall) in the 2004 draft.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I respect that but I've gone on record already as not being a fan of Colton Orr on this team. I'd much rather have a Chris Neil type player who can forecheck, hit, fight when necessary and can put the biscuit in the basket. Granted Chris Neil's don't grow on trees but I hope the Rangers can find a better option than Colton Orr next year. Orr is doing squat in this series other than giving a breather to the other 3 lines. Having said that, while I like Ryan Hollweg, I understand his limitations. And he too is, in my mind, a waste of a body on this team as he is so one-dimensional. However, for this series, I think he would bring more energy and make the Thrashers keep their heads up.

The Rangers have a guy on the Wolfpack named Dane Byers who can mix it up and can score goals (mostly from in front of the net). He's a power forward. To me, he is a much better depth guy on this team next year than either Orr or Hollweg. He was the Rangers 2nd round pick (#48 overall) in the 2004 draft.
    Nigel Dawes can do what Hollweg and Orr do with passing and shooting ability so thats where they should look next year. As for the playoffs, Hollweg will play if they meet Buffalo to try to tire the fowards as much as he can and prevent rushes or against the Senators/Pens. For this series and for possibly the Devils, its Orr over Hollweg though both are basically useless.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nigel Dawes can do what Hollweg and Orr do with passing and shooting ability so thats where they should look next year. As for the playoffs, Hollweg will play if they meet Buffalo to try to tire the fowards as much as he can and prevent rushes or against the Senators/Pens. For this series and for possibly the Devils, its Orr over Hollweg though both are basically useless.
    I don't understand your logic. The Thrashers have a lot of talented forwards as well. It's hard to second-guess a coach whose team has won the first 2 games but I have to question Orr over Hollweg in this series.

Nigel Dawes is hardly a Hollweg/Orr type player. Not at all. Dawes is a 5-8, 190 pound goal scorer who's only fight will be for a job on the big club next year but as top 3 line winger. Dane Byers is the guy for the Orr/Hollweg job.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand your logic. The Thrashers have a lot of talented forwards as well. It's hard to second-guess a coach whose team has won the first 2 games but I have to question Orr over Hollweg in this series.

Nigel Dawes is hardly a Hollweg/Orr type player. Not at all. Dawes is a 5-8, 190 pound goal scorer who's only fight will be for a job on the big club next year but as top 3 line winger. Dane Byers is the guy for the Orr/Hollweg job.
    Dawes throws his body around, not an enforcer but he throws his body. I meant to say he can do what Hollweg does but with skill. He doesnt hit as hard but hes real tough. Dawes and Orr are too different. I dont know enough about Byers though besides his size but I dont care who plays what next year as long as they win this year.