Thread: White People Are Screwed....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

White People Are Screwed....

The title of an upcoming Halle Berry Film.....

"Nappily Ever After".

About a black women losing her hair and decides to shave it all off......

No, I am not making that up. :rolleyes:

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Al Sharpton doesn't put an end to this film, I will be very disappointed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was very dissappointed in Maher's interview with Sharpton. He should of really ripped into him, instead he gave in to Sharpton's BS.

[QUOTE=pauliec]If Al Sharpton doesn't put an end to this film, I will be very disappointed.[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]The title of an upcoming Halle Berry Film.....

"Nappily Ever After".

About a black women losing her hair and decides to shave it all off......

No, I am not making that up. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

how hysterical would it be if they refer to her as a "Hoe" in the movie???

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726]I was very dissappointed in Maher's interview with Sharpton. He should of really ripped into him, instead he gave in to Sharpton's BS.[/QUOTE]

I agree, he definitely pandered to him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You couldn't ask for a better venue for an outright slugfest and Maher crumbled.

[QUOTE=pauliec]I agree, he definitely pandered to him.[/QUOTE]

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726]You couldn't ask for a better venue for an outright slugfest and Maher crumbled.[/QUOTE]

Maher thinks he's edgy and controversial and cuts through the bull****, but at the end of the day he's just another pandering liberal pu$$y.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoy his show but I can't stand his stand up act. I DVR his show and fast forward his monologue. I do like listening to both sides and the last show was very entertaining with Bradley and Mcellan. Dana Carvey? Man, it is no wonder he hasn't had a good gig for quite some time.

[QUOTE=pauliec]Maher thinks he's edgy and controversial and cuts through the bull****, but at the end of the day he's just another pandering liberal pu$$y.[/QUOTE]

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726]I enjoy his show but I can't stand his stand up act. I DVR his show and fast forward his monologue. I do like listening to both sides and the last show was very entertaining with Bradley and Mcellan. Dana Carvey? Man, it is no wonder he hasn't had a good gig for quite some time.[/QUOTE]

His new rules with his rant at the end is pretty intolerable, I'm not going to lie. On top of his arrogance, it almost sounds like he's trying to emulate Dennis Miller when he was in his prime.

But I like the show because sometimes he gets guests who offer different points of view and are able to counter Maher's juvenile humor with actual quality political discussion. He's had on some great Democrats and Republicans in the past.

The best part is when at least one guest is making intellectual, thought-provoking comments and the drooling audience is dead silent because they only came for the "Bush is a retarded chimp" jokes.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am white, but I believe what Imus said was totally wrong. He ridiculed a very successful group of African American women and embarrased my race. He deserved what he got. Personally, I am glad he got called out for his ignorance so people will think twice about the sensitivity of other ethnicities.

I believe that people who belong to a particular culture are within their right to use derrogatory slang amongst themselves. It is their way of not only reminding themselves how far they have come as a people, but also, helps them bond as bretheren. Now, if this movie is titled as such, which is probably the case, then that is fine as well. It's probably a pretty funny movie.

Also, Sharpton has every right to stand up for his people.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bugzy]I am white, but I believe what Imus said was totally wrong. He ridiculed a very successful group of African American women and embarrased my race. He deserved what he got. Personally, I am glad he got called out for his ignorance so people will think twice about the sensitivity of other ethnicities.

[B]I believe that people who belong to a particular culture are within their right to use derrogatory slang amongst themselves. [/B][/QUOTE]

How do you prevent a group of people, in this case whites from not using terms that are part of the accepted societal culture?

[QUOTE]Also, Sharpton has every right to stand up for his people.[/QUOTE]

Of course he does and as long as he is in the public eye we all have an obligation to call him out as the liar and race baiter he is.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 04-16-2007 at 06:15 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec]...it almost sounds like he's trying to emulate Dennis Miller when he was in his prime...[/QUOTE]

Whatever happened to that guy? He used to be real funny. You needed a dictionary, encyclopedia set, microfiche and Internet access to understand a lot of his metaphors. Sometimes it was metaphors inside of metaphors inside of metaphors. Crazy mind bending comedy.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan]Whatever happened to that guy? He used to be real funny. You needed a dictionary, encyclopedia set, microfiche and Internet access to understand a lot of his metaphors. Sometimes it was metaphors inside of metaphors inside of metaphors. Crazy mind bending comedy.[/QUOTE]

He's got a radio show now from 10am to noon I believe, sometimes I listen to it streaming online. He's still decent, but not as sharp as he used to be. Remember when he was on Monday Night Football? He was there for the Miracle at the Meadowlands. I was always so confused, haha.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726]I was very dissappointed in Maher's interview with Sharpton. He should of really ripped into him, instead he gave in to Sharpton's BS.[/QUOTE]
    Completely predictable.

Maher is a pu$$y

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    old white males control the great majority of the worlds power money and resources, yet warfish believes they are screwed

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]old white males control the great majority of the worlds power money and resources, yet warfish believes they are screwed[/QUOTE]
    I doubt he was talking about that infinitesimally small percentage of white people.

There are a few others...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]old white males control the great majority of the worlds power money and resources, yet warfish believes they are screwed[/QUOTE]

You know exactly what I meant here Bit. If you wish to defend inequallity, bias, racism and hypocricy, you be my guest my friend, and tell us this a a GREAT move title, and tell all your friends about it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    you said white people were screwed you didn't really specify a subset ;)

yes i know what you meant but i stand by my statement. white people own everything they are far from screwed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is an outrage. I don't care if Halle Berry fancies herself a good actress. She is the most beautiful woman in the world and it is her job to look good for me at all times. Can't go shaving her head ... ;)