Thread: on a day like today...

on a day like today...

i wonder how much power you can get out of these things

[IMG]http://www.eia.doe.gov/kids/energy_fungames/energyslang/images/wind-farm.jpg[/IMG]

how about congress passing a law that the municipalities can put these things everywhere, regardless of who's view it messes up. You like the view so much this is maybe one way to save it. with weather systems getting more intense due to global warming isn't that just more energy to harness?

The only place I have seen these is Atlantic City, does anyone know how that is working out?

[QUOTE=bitonti]i wonder how much power you can get out of these things

[IMG]http://www.eia.doe.gov/kids/energy_fungames/energyslang/images/wind-farm.jpg[/IMG]

how about congress passing a law that the municipalities can put these things everywhere, regardless of who's view it messes up. You like the view so much this is maybe one way to save it. with weather systems getting more intense due to global warming isn't that just more energy to harness?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726]The only place I have seen these is Atlantic City, does anyone know how that is working out?[/QUOTE]

that's the first thing I thought of, as well

As sson as noted Environemntalists John Kerry and Lord Kennedy allow them in their State, I'd be happy to have them in mine......

Actually, I'm fine with them regardless, but the irony of these two being against them "ruining" their little rich-boy ocean-views is too funny not to include.

Bewildered Beast
    The Rolling Stones played Altamont Speedway. Nearby are fields of turbines.

Environmentalists have convinced the courts that they are a menace to endangered birds. So some have just come off line.

Googlethem if you wish. I making dinner.

They are all over Germany

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Put 'em up all over the place. Hell, stick one of those big mofos on my roof.

I have seen allot of them in the Midwest especially in Iowa, but the problem is they dont produce enough electricity and are not reliable. You need wind and on the many calm days they are useless. Just my POV. How about nuclear energy. I know there is an answer!

[url]http://www.eere.energy.gov/windandhydro/windpoweringamerica/newengland.asp[/url]

austrailia has about 10% of their electicity coming from wind - it's not a total solution but i have to feel like this is an underpursued option. I would support nuclear plants as well - anything to get us off of foreign sources.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti]i wonder how much power you can get out of these things

how about congress passing a law that the municipalities can put these things everywhere, regardless of who's view it messes up. You like the view so much this is maybe one way to save it. with weather systems getting more intense due to global warming isn't that just more energy to harness?[/QUOTE]

call the Kennedy's...they're holding up the works in Hianus port.....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti]austrailia has about 10% of their electicity coming from wind - it's not a total solution but i have to feel like this is an underpursued option. I would support nuclear plants as well - anything to get us off of foreign sources.[/QUOTE]

France has near 75% of their energy coming from nuclear plants...they have so much of it they sell it to other nations....that's the obvious solution...

oh, but wait- they same global warming nuts who claim fossil fuels are killing the globe said the same about nuclear power plants 30 years ago....

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]call the Kennedy's...they're holding up the works in Hianus port.....[/QUOTE]

agreed - those people are scumbags

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]...Hianus port.....[/QUOTE]

¿dónde está esto?

¿Es esto cerca del saco de pelota bajo?

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=bitonti]austrailia has about 10% of their electicity coming from wind - it's not a total solution but i have to feel like this is an underpursued option. I would support nuclear plants as well - anything to get us off of foreign sources.[/QUOTE]
    Put those analyst skills to the Northern California wind energy situation. I would love to know why the turbines generate a big yawn.