Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: JI gives Rudy the kiss of death

[QUOTE=bitonti]how is a thrice divorced, bald, pro choice pro gay wearing a yankees cap or drag going to win the republican vote in southern states?[/QUOTE]

I could say almost the same exact thing about Hilary

[IMG]http://www.hillary.org/hillary/capt_clinton_yankees.jpg[/IMG]

If that's not a drag queen, I don't know what is

[QUOTE=Jets Babe]No, its not supported. You said that your buddies told you that "hundreds of people are dying, and their lives are cut in half", it does not say that in the article.

I'm stating facts, and you're just stating hear-say. You make immature remarks towards me, criticizing my skin color, my intelligence, and my University. People start making fun of others and start making low blows when they run out of things to say. Are you running out of your "facts" from your friends? Are you running out of hear-say?

And you, of all people, are a physician?! First theres moga, then you....HDCentOhio is the only decent doc around here![/QUOTE]

No, you are the one who started with the insults. Go back to some of your posts. You have been nothing but arrogant and obnoxious simply cause i disagree with your opinion of Rudy.

As for what my friends said, here is my post:

[QUOTE]Again much of the works are not yet published. The data im hearing from puulmonary friends is quite startling.[/QUOTE]

How do you come up with:
    [QUOTE]You said that your buddies told you that "hundreds of people are dying, and their lives are cut in half[/QUOTE]

I never said My friends never said that: I SAID IT. The data my friends tell me about is re the inordinate degree of restrictive lung secondary to interstitial disease they are seeing in residents and workers in downtown NY. If you know anything about Interstitial Lung Disease you would no its a progressive disease with outcomes as i described which you scoff at (based on what , i dont know)

[QUOTE=Jets Babe]

I'm stating facts, and you're just stating hear-say. [/QUOTE]

You havent stated a single fact. Just opinion. You tell me because your family members who were involved in 9/11 say Rudy is a hero then he must be.

I stated 8 very factual tactical errors that Rudy made and you cannot respond to a single one with any counterargument based on fact.

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Fine you think he is a "hero" (a term used too loosely in my opinion) then please answer the 8 fuk ups he made that i listed. Dont start with your tirade that is based purely on opinion.

As for you being an "expert" on 9/11 because you simply were there....thats a crock of $hit . Its like saying im an expert on animal behavior because i visit the zoo every year. You dont know anything more about 9/11 that anyone else on this board. The fact that you were there when it happened, while unfortunate and terribly sad means nothing in terms of being an "expert" .[/QUOTE]

sure doc.

i was there before, during & after,
    like i said before and will continue to,
    i sure as hell can + will comment

if you werent there, how can
    you comment about the response of
    our public servants on that day?

i reviewed many of your favorite
    european whines about rudy.
    cant help it if you dont / cant read

ny's best mayor since laguardia but of
    course you wouldnt know it

the fetid swamp of nyc drained?
    iraq removed as an external threat?

"fuq up"s only to libtards

so cut the crap &

Stop
    The
    F'in
    Undermining

of everything good & decent already

[QUOTE=kennyo7]Yeeeeeahhhhh!!
    Yipppeee!
    RUDY is A Leader!!!
    Well if Jet Babe and Toilet Jet say so, it must be true!!![/QUOTE]
    Lessons in crisis management
    Wednesday, December 22, 2004 Posted: 1412 GMT (2212 HKT)

[url]http://edition.cnn.com/2004/BUSINESS/12/22/giuliani.profile/[/url]

[QUOTE]Giuliani: "I would have to say to myself, 'You've got to remain calm, you've got to stay focused.'"

(CNN) -- Amid the death and destruction of the 2001 terrorist attacks on New York City, one man in particular emerged from the horror with his status bolstered.

As New York mayor, Rudi Giuliani had spent eight years rebuilding the city's reputation and pride during two combative and frequently controversial terms.

By 2001, however, with the end of his mayoral career in sight, many New Yorkers were tiring of Giuliani's tough talk and aggressive style.

All of that changed on September 11 as Brooklyn-born Giuliani became the indomitable face of his wounded, grieving community.

In a city and a world that seemed to be heading into dangerous, uncharted territory, he remained a steady presence, finding poignant words for the media, comforting the families of the dead and missing, and overseeing the security and rescue operations.

[B]At the end of the year he was named Time's "Person of the Year," and described by the magazine as "the greatest mayor in New York's history."[/B]

"My father, when I was very young, used to say to me, 'If you are ever in an emergency, if you are ever in a fire and everybody gets very excited, very emotional, then you become the calmest person in the room'," says Giuliani, recalling the experience.

"Make yourself calmer than you feel, force yourself to pretend you're calm and you'll be able to figure out how to get out of there if you remain calm. So I kept reminding myself of that. I was in charge, I was the person they were looking to and if I lost it they all would. I would have to say to myself, 'You've got to remain calm, you've got to stay focused.'"

But while in public Giuliani was improvising his way through the crisis, in private he was turning to history for inspiration and lessons in leadership.

"[B]Winston Churchill was a great source of strength and influence for me going through September 11," he recalls.

"That night I got out his biography and I read it to try to see how he get through the Battle of Britain. Maybe there were some lessons that I could apply to how New York was going to get through this terrible battle that was thrust on us."[/B]
    "The best way, at least for me in advising young people or people on how to be a great leader, is you've got to find people that you can model yourself on. If you are fortunate enough to work for some people that you think are really effective in their profession or their field, or by reading biographies and histories of people who have been successful and borrowing traits from them."

While Giuliani's name will long be associated with the events that overshadowed the final months of his term as mayor, he also takes pride from more than a decade of service, in which his pioneering "zero tolerance" approach cut crime by two-thirds and large areas of New York were redeveloped and rehabilitated.

Prior to becoming mayor, Giuliani was a city attorney with a reputation as one of the toughest prosecutors in the country, taking on the Mafia, crooked politicians and Wall Street inside traders.

"You have to have a set of beliefs and you have to spend a period of time deciding what your principles are and what you are trying to achieve," he says.

"If you don't then you just get buffeted back and forth with public opinion. When I became mayor of New York City I had a group of objectives. I wrote them down in a book and then every day I would judge what we were doing based on whether we were reaching those objectives, and I would communicate those objectives to the people who work with me.

"Sometimes when you see someone that has been a truly great leader -- whether it's in business, a great military leader or a great political leader -- you think that it's all intuitive. They must have great natural talent, but the reality is that most often when you analyze that you'll find that those are things they developed over a period of time."[/QUOTE]

Mistakes were made, they always are, he was a figure of calm strength through one of the great tragedies in our countries history. He was tireless, he went to all the funerals and comforted all the victims families, he kept he's and our spirit up, he was inspirational. It was one of the greatest demonstration of real leadership by a public official in my life time.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti]how is a thrice divorced, bald, pro choice pro gay wearing a yankees cap or drag going to win the republican vote in southern states?[/QUOTE]that's what i'm wondering. should be interesting.

rudy was a great mayor for 3/4 of his term, a bully after he ran out of legitimate fights to fight, and a exactly what we needed on and immediately after 9/11. however, the best work he's done to date may be his time in the US Atty / SoNY office.

not sure how he will fare in the primary.
    Last edited by isired; 04-19-2007 at 07:26 PM.

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs]Lessons in crisis management
    Wednesday, December 22, 2004 Posted: 1412 GMT (2212 HKT)

[url]http://edition.cnn.com/2004/BUSINESS/12/22/giuliani.profile/[/url]

Mistakes were made, they always are, he was a figure of calm strength through one of the great tragedies in our countries history. He was tireless, he went to all the funerals and comforted all the victims families, he kept he's and our spirit up, he was inspirational. It was one of the greatest demonstration of real leadership by a public official in my life time.[/QUOTE]

What did he do specifically that you thin no other man in his position could have done.

Going to funerals? Comforting families? Do you honestly believe there is a man in that position who wouldnt have done the same??

You were inspired by Guiliani....I was inspired by the people of NYC. [B]They[/B] kept my spirits up, not Rudy.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]1. Hes a jerk.
    2. He exploited 3000 dead Nyers in one of the worse tragedies for political gain.
    3. Hes yet to answer about his incompetence re 9/11.
    4. Hes a media hog. He cant stand to give others credit who deserve it and yet he takes credit when he himself doesnt deserve it.
    5. He (like Bush) favors loyalty over competence (see Kerik, Bratton)
    6. He said the first thing I thought when the towers crashed down, was "thank god Bush is president" - what a crock of $h!t
    7. He supports the Iraq War and sending more troops to be killed in this futile war[/QUOTE]

Most of that could be applied to Chuck Schumer. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Jets Babe]Show me the insults, you immature "physician".
    OK, so YOU said it then. STILL, where is the FACTS the hundreds of people are dying?
    *crickets*
    According to the American Lung Association, ILD is very manageable.
    [url]http://www.lungusa.org/site/pp.asp?c=dvLUK9O0E&b=35436[/url][/QUOTE]

Manageable? Maybe.
    Curable? Absolutely not.
    Hell Metastatic Colon Cancer is also manageable!

Why do I bother with you?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]What did he do specifically that you thin no other man in his position could have done.

[B]Going to funerals? Comforting families? Do you honestly believe there is a man in that position who wouldnt have done the same??[/B]
    [/QUOTE]

Well, we sure know there is a woman who didn't do the same.

Guess [B][SIZE=3]H[/SIZE][/B]e[B][SIZE=3]R[/SIZE][/B] name, do[B][SIZE=3]C[/SIZE][/B].

[QUOTE=Jets Babe]ILD improves when treated, nowhere does it say that it is DEADLY, and thats according to the American Lung association.
    You bother me because you are immature. You throw low blows and jabs at me that are completely irrelevant to my posts. You insult my skin color, my intelligence, and my university.[/QUOTE]

It is VERY DEADLY ask any Board Certified Pulmonologist

[QUOTE=Phoenixx]Well, we sure know there is a woman who didn't do the same.

Guess [B][SIZE=3]H[/SIZE][/B]e[B][SIZE=3]R[/SIZE][/B] name, do[B][SIZE=3]C[/SIZE][/B].[/QUOTE]
    Why do you throw Hillary's Name out there?
    I have many times on this board said that I can not stand Hillary and would not vote for her. She has no character.

[QUOTE=Jets Babe]ILD improves when treated, nowhere does it say that it is DEADLY, and thats according to the American Lung association.
    You bother me because you are immature. You throw low blows and jabs at me that are completely irrelevant to my posts. You insult my skin color, my intelligence, and my university.[/QUOTE]

Low Blows?
    Read some of your own posts. Specifically the ones directed at Jetdawwg.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Why do you throw Hillary's Name out there?
    I have many times on this board said that I can not stand Hillary and would not vote for her. She has no character.[/QUOTE]I didn't throw her name out there.

You guessed correctly.

[QUOTE=kennyo7]Sun too hot?
    What my friends have stated is supported by early findings in studies i showed you above. See the 3rd article. They do teach reading at UCF ?

Why are you so friggin abnoxious. We get it you love Rudy. You want to lik his bunghole!! thats great, but some of us do not. Some of us question his actions. Including many NYPD and FDNY and wives/children of loved ones lost who feel Rudy's incompetence and stubborness played a role[/QUOTE]
    Hey, for a doctor, you barely have command of the language, okay? So don't throw stones. More importantly, though, stop being a miserable pr**k.

I think it's obvious who the liberals fear. Rudy. They fear him hard. Good. Go Rudy.

[QUOTE=kennyo7]Low Blows?
    Read some of your own posts. Specifically the ones directed at Jetdawwg.[/QUOTE]

dude, Jetdawgg is voting for Obama because he's the only Democratic candidate who didn't vote for the Iraq War.

Think about that one for a minute.
    Last edited by JetsFan2012; 04-19-2007 at 11:29 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Again much of the works are not yet published. The data im hearing from puulmonary friends is quite startling.[/QUOTE]
    We will see when the data goes through peer review and is published. Big difference between published data and data "in publication".
    There may also be bias in those giving you the information. It may be beneficial for then to conclude that those just in the area are severely afflicted with lung disease, as it would probably increase grants and funding for their center at Mt. Sinai. Much like drug company sponsored studies are subject to bias.
    I would personally be surprised to see severe lung disease in those not directly working at "Ground Zero". However, I look forward to their work being published in this regard.
    As far as your personal attacks on JB, you were WAAAY out of line.

[QUOTE=sackdance]Hey, for a doctor, you barely have command of the language, okay? So don't throw stones. More importantly, though, stop being a miserable pr**k.

I think it's obvious who the liberals fear. Rudy. They fear him hard. Good. Go Rudy.[/QUOTE]

I [B]PRAY[/B] Rudy is the Republican Nominee!!
    Yes, i dont type well and dont bother to check my spelling/grammer. English is also not my native tongue. How many other languages do you speak with the same command that I have of my second language??

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sackdance]I think it's obvious who the liberals fear. Rudy. They fear him hard. Good. Go Rudy.[/QUOTE]why would they fear him? most liberals i know are far more concerned with social policy than financial, i know many socially liberal / fiscally conservative people, but none that are socially conservative and fiscally liberal (though our current pres is close, in practice, huh?). i would think vs. the alternative, and coming off the heals of W, libs would be relatively happy at the prospect of rudy as the pres if they 'lose'.

don't forget, for all 3 mayoral campaigns, rudy was a fusion candidate for the republican and liberal parties, never got the conservative support.
    Last edited by isired; 04-20-2007 at 12:10 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=kennyo7]What did he do specifically that you thin no other man in his position could have done.

Going to funerals? Comforting families? Do you honestly believe there is a man in that position who wouldnt have done the same??

You were inspired by Guiliani....I was inspired by the people of NYC. [b]They[/b] kept my spirits up, not Rudy.[/QUOTE]i was not rudy's biggest fan in the last year or two of his last term, i grew weary of his looking for a fight where there clearly wasn't one to be had, he came off like a bully (and he gets a good deal of credit for that, along with bill bratton, of course)... going after street vendors, pedestrian street crossing, etc. many of us in NYC felt that way. but post-9/11 was rudy time, those are the moments where his strength and conviction as a leader shine, reminded us all how good he really was in the first 5-6 years. to say otherwise is to let your partisan bias cloud your judgement, as so many on this board do.