Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: JI gives Rudy the kiss of death

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]speaking of the kiss of death......

[IMG]http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/ap/Campaign_2008_Sharpton.sff_NYFF104_20070421140222.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/ap/Campaign_2008_Sharpton.sff_NYFF101_20070421140344.jpg[/IMG]

isn't hussien obama the same hypocrite who said imus should be fired for racist comments????[/QUOTE]
    :applause: :applause:

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]speaking of the kiss of death......

[IMG]http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/ap/Campaign_2008_Sharpton.sff_NYFF104_20070421140222.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/ap/Campaign_2008_Sharpton.sff_NYFF101_20070421140344.jpg[/IMG]

isn't hussien obama the same hypocrite who said imus should be fired for racist comments????[/QUOTE]

oh, snap...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio]
    You also call out other posters for rudeness, yet I haven't seen anyone be as rude on this board as you were to JB.[/QUOTE]
    Very true. Don't expect an apology, if he makes assumptions about her being principally a sunbather rather than a student, then he pretty much believes it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

NYTimes Questions Accuracy of 9/11 Health Reports

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/07/nyregion/07sinai.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin[/url]

Saw this article today and remembered this thread. It is a long one (4 pages) so I just posted the link.
    Seems some of the physicians were using scientifically questionable methods, and were tight with labor unions, which may have influenced their conclusions.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just read this thread. A laugh from start to finish. :D :yes:

(not that the diseases discussed in the thread are funny, rather the posters posting here are hilarious)

I think they should put Jets Babe and Kenny into a big bag and see what happens...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]The clinic’s doctors presented their findings in what other experts say were scientifically questionable ways, exaggerating the health effects with imprecise descriptions of workers’ symptoms and how long they might be sick.

Researchers in this field say that the clinic’s data collection was so badly planned that its usefulness may be limited. Others say that doctors at the clinic, which has strong historical ties to labor unions, have allowed their advocacy for workers to trump their science by making statements that go beyond what their studies have confirmed.[/QUOTE]

one could only assume what a complete fraud this is being the NYSlimes has made this admission.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio]We will see when the data goes through peer review and is published. Big difference between published data and data "in publication".
    There may also be bias in those giving you the information. [B]It may be beneficial for then to conclude that those just in the area are severely afflicted with lung disease, as it would probably increase grants and funding for their center at Mt. Sinai. Much like drug company sponsored studies are subject to bias.[/B]
    I would personally be surprised to see severe lung disease in those not directly working at "Ground Zero". However, I look forward to their work being published in this regard.[/QUOTE]
    Don't want to say I told you so...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Black Death]I think they should put Jets Babe and Kenny into a big bag and see what happens...[/QUOTE]
    I can only guarantee result: no pregnancy. I think he'd prefer sharing a bag with Anderson Cooper.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Babe]lol. oh the humanity. i'm hoping that kennyo has no offspring.

i love how when kennyo is proved wrong..he disappears..hmmm[/QUOTE]
    Proved wrong??? Wheres the proof? These are all possibilities. Nothing has been proven.
    Sorry. BTW I have 2 children. Both are more mature than you in their thinking

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Proved wrong??? Wheres the proof? These are all possibilities. Nothing has been proven.
    Sorry. BTW I have 2 children. Both are more mature than you in their thinking[/QUOTE]

sure....it only a possibility when it flies in the face of your arguement....but when Guiliani said something about the air quality it was a lie and he's to blame...

more evidence of brainless leftists who cannot think for themselves...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Proved wrong??? Wheres the proof? These are all possibilities. Nothing has been proven.
    Sorry. BTW I have 2 children. Both are more mature than you in their thinking[/QUOTE]
    With all due respect, you were very strong in your wording earlier in the thread about the info your "friends" had given you that had yet to be published. You took their personal discussions with you as "more than just opinion". You didn't say they were just possibilities at the time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]sure....it only a possibility when it flies in the face of your arguement....but when Guiliani said something about the air quality it was a lie and he's to blame...

more evidence of brainless leftists who cannot think for themselves...[/QUOTE]
    Are you kidding me??? He flat out said the air was safe. Clearly that was never confirmed. The NYT article is questioning some of the means of data collecting that these reports used. If you have any data that shows the air was truly safe and that the inordinate increase in cases of pulmonary disease and early onset multiple myeloma seen in ground zero workers and those who reside in the vicinity have nothing to do with the air not being safe, then ill be happy to concede this point.

I wont hold my breath.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio]With all due respect, you were very strong in your wording earlier in the thread about the info your "friends" had given you that had yet to be published. You took their personal discussions with you as "more than just opinion". You didn't say they were just possibilities at the time.[/QUOTE]

So Doc what are your alternate theories as to how there is such a large cluster of Interstitial Lung Disease coming from such a specific population. Also how do you explain all the new cases of Multiple Myeloma occuring in GZ workers at such a young age (MM in late 30s/early 40s is almost unheard of).

Whats your explination for this? And why wouldnt i believe in any report linking the environment in downtown NY after 9/11 to such strange occurances?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]So Doc what are your alternate theories as to how there is such a large cluster of Interstitial Lung Disease coming from such a specific population. Also how do you explain all the new cases of Multiple Myeloma occuring in GZ workers at such a young age (MM in late 30s/early 40s is almost unheard of).

Whats your explination for this? And why wouldnt i believe in any report linking the environment in downtown NY after 9/11 to such strange occurances?[/QUOTE]
    Let the data come out and don't let your political biases affect your scientific interpretations. Come on, doc. Where are all of these cases of "interstitial lung disease" in people who just worked in downtown? Face it, you wanted to believe something because of your political bias instead of waiting for peer reviewed and analyzed studies to come out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio]Let the data come out and don't let your political biases affect your scientific interpretations. Come on, doc. Where are all of these cases of "interstitial lung disease" in people who just worked in downtown? Face it, you wanted to believe something because of your political bias instead of waiting for peer reviewed and analyzed studies to come out.[/QUOTE]

The data IS out. We know that there is a clustering of these cases. That is not even debatable.
    Again what is your alternative explination doc?

Political bias? Only you would bring politics into the care for patients. This is not about politics. Its about a man who claimed the "air was safe" before he had the data. Do you deny Rudy jumped the gun on this?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]The data IS out. We know that there is a clustering of these cases. That is not even debatable.
    Again what is your alternative explination doc?

Political bias? Only you would bring politics into the care for patients. This is not about politics. Its about a man who claimed the "air was safe" before he had the data. Do you deny Rudy jumped the gun on this?[/QUOTE]
    Look in the mirror, doc. You jumped the gun earlier in the thread. When did I bring politics into the conversation until today?

Of course it is not surprising there may be an increase in certain diseases in workers on that toxic pile. The surrounding neighborhood? Not at this time is this proven. As the article pointed out, other pulmonologists see potential bias and fudging of the Mt. Sinai data. Can you not admit that?

Also, Rudy is not to blame for any illnesses that may have occurred with rescue workers. The real culprits were the terrorists. Guess you don't remember the chaos of those first few weeks after the attacks 6 years ago today where self-preservation was the last thing on the minds of the rescue workers. Guess you would have not sent anyone to the pile for months until air quality was normal. I also guess your motto is blame America first unless a Democrat is President.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio]Look in the mirror, doc. You jumped the gun earlier in the thread. When did I bring politics into the conversation until today?

Of course it is not surprising there may be an increase in certain diseases in workers on that toxic pile. The surrounding neighborhood? Not at this time is this proven. As the article pointed out, other pulmonologists see potential bias and fudging of the Mt. Sinai data. Can you not admit that?

Also, Rudy is not to blame for any illnesses that may have occurred with rescue workers. The real culprits were the terrorists. Guess you don't remember the chaos of those first few weeks after the attacks 6 years ago today where self-preservation was the last thing on the minds of the rescue workers. Guess you would have not sent anyone to the pile for months until air quality was normal. I also guess your motto is blame America first unless a Democrat is President.[/QUOTE]
    Did i jump the gun? Maybe? But im willing to bet my left testicle to your 1 dolaar that there is a relationship there. Of course i can admit there may be some bias. 99% of all studies contain an element of bias.

Rudy is not to blame for CAUSING the illnesses. He IS to blame for prematurely announcing that the air in lower Manhattan was safe when he did not have the facts.

"Blame America First"???? Now you are resorting to stupid little right wing catchphrases. Grow up! Your smarter/better than that

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Did i jump the gun? Maybe? But im willing to bet my left testicle to your 1 dolaar that there is a relationship there. Of course i can admit there may be some bias. 99% of all studies contain an element of bias.

Rudy is not to blame for CAUSING the illnesses. He IS to blame for prematurely announcing that the air in lower Manhattan was safe when he did not have the facts.

"Blame America First"???? Now you are resorting to stupid little right wing catchphrases. Grow up! Your smarter/better than that[/QUOTE]
    So what would you do- close lower Manhattan for 6 months? You think the rescuers would have stayed off the pile? There would have been a riot! It is also well documented that many of them ignored advice to wear respirators even when available. However, I don't blame them for their conditions, sole blame lies at the hands of the terrorists and Islamofascists.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio]So what would you do- close lower Manhattan for 6 months? You think the rescuers would have stayed off the pile? There would have been a riot! It is also well documented that many of them ignored advice to wear respirators even when available. However, I don't blame them for their conditions, sole blame lies at the hands of the terrorists and Islamofascists.[/QUOTE]

No, if Rudy was responsible and truly cared about the people he would simply not say "it is safe". WhatI would say is: that there is a lot of testing that needs to be done before we can determine if the air is safe or not and anyone working/living in this area is potentially putting themselves at risk. While NY will not close down lower manhattan it wants its citizens to be aware of the potential hazards and possible long term ramifications and chosing to work/live there will be at your own risk.

Again im not blaming anyone but the terrorists for the conditions. Stop putting words in my mouth. What i am blaming him is the irresonsible way he said "the air is safe" when he himself did not know.