Thread: Religious bigotry at Convocation??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Religious bigotry at Convocation??

[QUOTE]"1st Speaker: A Muslim cleric invoking the name of Allah and quoting the Quran."

"2nd Speaker: A Buddhist Community Leader preaching that mankind is basically 'good.'"

"3rd Speaker: A Female speaker from the Jewish Community quoting Ecclesiastes: 'There is a time for everything.'"

"4th Speaker: A Liberal Lutheran Minister talking about 'healing,' etc. and how everyone needs to come together (blah, blah, blah…)."
    [/QUOTE]

[url=http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55252] source [/url]

What?? No one invited from the Church of Satan? How rude!!

I didn't know that apparently there's more muslims and buddhists at Tech than Christians??

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    so because the lutheran guy is liberal he doesn't count as a christian?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]so because the lutheran guy is liberal he doesn't count as a christian?[/QUOTE]

From what I heard, he never mentioned the name of Jesus Christ, but the muslim had no problem saying Allah. He's more devout to his faith than the Luteran was. For a "christian" speaking at an event such as this and not mention anything about how Jesus Christ can bring comfort and strength to those in pain, tells me he's no true disciple of Christ.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with you on how we pander to Muslims, however this isnt a good spot.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    who spoke the longest? it seems to me that if this were a baseball lineup the christian would be batting cleanup

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=asuusa][url=http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55252] source [/url]

What?? No one invited from the Church of Satan? How rude!!

I didn't know that apparently there's more muslims and buddhists at Tech than Christians??[/QUOTE]

Stop whining. Jesus foretold that true Christians would be persecuted during the end of days. Why do you want to try to prevent fate from occurring? You don't believe Mr. Jesus can fight his own battles?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan]Stop whining. Jesus foretold that true Christians would be persecuted during the end of days. Why do you want to try to prevent fate from occurring? You don't believe Mr. Jesus can fight his own battles?[/QUOTE]

I'm not whining, just pointing out the inconsistencies found in our society.

Christians have been persecuted since Stephen was stoned to death shortly after Christianity began.

And yes, Jesus can definitely handle His own battles, but that doesn't mean Christians shouldn't stand up against sin and evil, or not make use of our freedoms as Americans.

There are at least three Christian Student groups on campus. Campus Crusade for Christ had three, maybe four of its members among those killed. The Baptist Collegiate Ministry had one. It seems to me someone from Campus Crusade should have been invited to speak.

The good news is that those Christians killed are in heaven with their Savior, Unfortunately, the non-Christians are in Hell.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=asuusa]The good news is that those Christians killed are in heaven with their Savior, Unfortunately, the non-Christians are in Hell.[/QUOTE]

Bernie?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=asuusa]

What?? No one invited from the Church of Satan? How rude!![/QUOTE]

What are you talking about dude, Bush was there...he freaking gave a 5 minute speech... :yes: