Thread: OT: Devil win in OT 4-3

OT: Devil win in OT 4-3

What an amazing game..the lightning are deffinetly a tough opponet,if the Devils didnt win tonight i really think they would have been screwed. Marty Brodeur isnt playing up to standards though. He's going to have to up his level of play if the Devils want to hoist the cup this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsyoungblood
    What an amazing game..the lightning are deffinetly a tough opponet,if the Devils didnt win tonight i really think they would have been screwed. Marty Brodeur isnt playing up to standards though. He's going to have to up his level of play if the Devils want to hoist the cup this year.
    7 other teams are in the playoffs. other than buffalo, believe me, THIS was the worst possible matchup for the devils, the #7 seed lightning.

i'll say it again, for emphasis.

7 other teams are in the playoffs. other than buffalo, believe me, THIS was the worst possible matchup for the devils, the #7 seed lightning.

the Devils would have had none of the problems that we're seeing with the other 6 teams. but, you have to take the cards you're dealt, and today was a great win!

i'm so happy to get home ice back. the quicker 4 wins are achieved and this series is over, the better. if the Devils do advance, i guarantee the next series will be easier, no matter who it is against.

hopefully we dont face Buffalo..

I think TB gives us more fits than buffalo. Buffalo is a very good team, but we seem less shaky against them that we do against the tuberculoid bastards.

Jets Insider VIP
    Oh you will.

NHL reseeds after each round. meaning, as long as the #1 seed is around, they will play the lowest advancing seed.

assuming all the other matchups have the higher seed winning, we'd have #6 new york vs. #1 buffalo, and #2 us against #4 ottawa.

the only way new york can avoid buffalo (assuming they win their series) is if the #7 lightning advance.

Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life
    NHL reseeds after each round. meaning, as long as the #1 seed is around, they will play the lowest advancing seed.

assuming all the other matchups have the higher seed winning, we'd have #6 new york vs. #1 buffalo, and #2 us against #4 ottawa.

the only way new york can avoid buffalo (assuming they win their series) is if the #7 lightning advance.
    and, the absolute only time the devils could face buffalo is in the east finals, because it'd be #1 vs. #2. just like in 2003, when the #2 devils faced the highly-touted, big bad #1 ottawa senators. i see a lot of parallels between the 2 seasons

Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life

Ottawa will be no easy task...Their goaltending is suspect, but they are a good team. They remind me a lot of the Sabres last year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    Oh you will.
    Yes, we will. After they're done with you.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    Yes, we will. After they're done with you.
    We already got our tickets punched for round two. how bout you?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by rep
    We wouldn't be happy with just round two.

You won't because the Devils will not make it past Tampa. Can't you guys see that Tampa is the better team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMike
    You won't because the Devils will not make it past Tampa. Can't you guys see that Tampa is the better team.
    Don't they give the better team home ice advantage? We just took it back. Your team is good, but come back with a goaltender next year.

Don't they give the better team home ice advantage? We just took it back. Your team is good, but come back with a goaltender next year.
    The Devils are the only so called Metro team that I don't root for. I respect them becasue they are battle proven and can beat any team at any given time. Righrt now I am rooting for Tampa to beat you guys. This series is excellent where neither team is giving in.

Living in Largo and watching (the few) Bay fans is funny...

Quote Originally Posted by rep
    First time you can say that in 10 years

Are you kidding me Johan Holmqvist is outplaying Brodeur

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMike
    Are you kidding me Johan Holmqvist is outplaying Brodeur
    N.F.L., baby. I kid you NOT!
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 04-20-2007 at 10:23 PM.