Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AQ's newest poster boy

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

AQ's newest poster boy

[QUOTE]The war in Iraq "is lost" and a US troop surge is failing to bring peace to the country, the leader of the Democratic majority in the US Congress, Harry Reid, said Thursday.
    "I believe ... that this war is lost, and this surge is not accomplishing anything, as is shown by the extreme violence in Iraq this week," Reid told journalists.

Reid said he had delivered the same message to US President George W. Bush on Wednesday, when the US president met with senior lawmakers to discuss how to end a standoff over an emergency war funding bill.

"I know I was the odd guy out at the White House, but I told him at least what he needed to hear ... I believe the war at this stage can only be won diplomatically, politically and economically."
    [/QUOTE]

"diplomatically"--so we should sit down with AQ and talk kindly to them and they'll quit?

"politically"--you mean putting the Bathists back in power with another dictator?

"economically"--we should start giving foreign aid to AQ?

And the looney leftists think Bush is dumb?

Harry's showing his true colors--yellow streaks up his back--aiding and abetting the enemy, that's what he's doing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=asuusa]
    aiding and abetting the enemy, that's what he's doing.[/QUOTE]

can anyone define who the enemy is exactly? that might be a good place to start.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [img]http://stuckon-stupid.com/images/Reidmidfinger.jpg[/img]

Harry Reid showing US troops his love....
    Last edited by DeanPatsFan; 04-20-2007 at 10:41 AM.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]can anyone define who the enemy is exactly? that might be a good place to start.[/QUOTE]

Islamofascists and liberals....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan]Islamofascists and liberals....[/QUOTE]

can you define specifically who the islamofacists are?

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]can you define specifically who the islamofacists are?[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.saveourguns.com/islamofascists.htm[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE][B]God Bless, protect, and guide the men and women of the United States Armed Forces. May you seek out and destroy the IslamoFascists who are determined to destroy America, our God given freedoms, and American culture. By the grace of God you shall strike the enemy dead[/B].[/QUOTE]

It appears to me that the folks that make this site are [B]not willing to defend the nation [/B] from this 'threat'. This is crap. As long as the 'men and women of the United States Armed Forces' go do it.

If they really feel this way the should do more than hide behind a website and throw dollars at the problem. They should defend it with their lives.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=asuusa]"diplomatically"--so we should sit down with AQ and talk kindly to them and they'll quit?

"politically"--you mean putting the Bathists back in power with another dictator?

"economically"--we should start giving foreign aid to AQ?

And the looney leftists think Bush is dumb?

Harry's showing his true colors--yellow streaks up his back--aiding and abetting the enemy, that's what he's doing.[/QUOTE]

duh... he was talking about Iraq, not fighting Al Qaeda

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius]duh... he was talking about Iraq, not fighting Al Qaeda[/QUOTE]

Typical of what happens when you watch the FOX Noise Channel.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]can anyone define who the enemy is exactly? that might be a good place to start.[/QUOTE]

That's not difficult--those who don't want to accept the government voted for by the people in January '05!

If some 'pubs started an insurgency of bombing, etc. b/c the 'rats won the last election, wouldn't you consider them the enemy?

As I've said before, the insurgency is not about our presence there as much as it is about their hatred for democracy!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius]duh... he was talking about Iraq, not fighting Al Qaeda[/QUOTE]

double duh to you--we're not fighting Iraq, but the insurgency most of which is aligned with AQ.

[QUOTE]Cairo - A Sunni insurgent coalition announced an "Islamic Cabinet" for Iraq and named the head of al-Qaeda in Iraq as "minister of war" in a Web video on Thursday aimed at showing their strength in leading the fight against the Iraqi government.
    (snip)
    The Islamic State of Iraq is a coalition of eight insurgent groups, the most powerful of them al-Qaeda in Iraq. It was first announced in October, claiming to hold territory in the Sunni-dominated areas of western and central Iraq.

[/QUOTE] [url=http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?from=rss_World&set_id=1&click_id=3&art_id=nw20070419203720207C429650] more [/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=asuusa]double duh to you--[B]we're not fighting Iraq[/B], but the insurgency most of which is aligned with AQ.

[url=http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?from=rss_World&set_id=1&click_id=3&art_id=nw20070419203720207C429650] more [/url][/QUOTE]

So then I take this to mean we won and should be out of there...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=asuusa]That's not difficult--those who don't want to accept the government voted for by the people in January '05!
    [/QUOTE]

when did the war on terror become about nation building? why are they the same thing?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]So then I take this to mean we won and should be out of there...[/QUOTE]

Huh?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]when did the war on terror become about nation building? why are they the same thing?[/QUOTE]

Who said they were? Reid?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=asuusa]Who said they were? Reid?[/QUOTE]

i asked you who were the enemies and you said it was those who opposed the democratically elected gov't of Iraq

so i ask you again, when exactly did this war become about nation building - and how is that supposed to stop terrorism?

is that what the US gov't says to families of slain soldiers? we are sorry but your son gave his life fighting for the freedom of Iraqis to live in a democracy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll define the enemy, as soon as you define the enemy (since you own Dems clearly agree there IS an enemy) AND define how you make "the war at this stage can only be won diplomatically, politically and economically" come true. Specificly, not in general meaningless platitutes like "lets talk to them".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=asuusa]double duh to you--we're not fighting Iraq, but the insurgency most of which is aligned with AQ.

[url=http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?from=rss_World&set_id=1&click_id=3&art_id=nw20070419203720207C429650] more [/url][/QUOTE]

nice random link from a random site in South Africa...

Meanwhile, back on the planet called Reality, every major US and UK paper or news service makes it clear that the insurgency in Iraq is far and away made up of regular Iraqis, [b]NOT Al Qaeda.[/b]

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/10/12/schuster.column/index.html[/url]

How many insurgents are there?
    [b]Up to 200,000[/b], according to U.S. military intelligence sources. That seems astonishingly high, given official estimates of 5,000 to 25,000. The sources say their 200,000 figure includes 25,000-30,000 actual fighters while the rest are active and passive supporters, including fund-raisers, lookouts and even family members.

[b]But the numbers are growing.[/b]

Who are the insurgents?
    [b]A mix of people and networks, according to both the insurgents and U.S. sources. Most are Sunni Muslims -- a minority in Iraq but who held pre-eminent positions under Saddam.[/b]

There are also a growing number of disappointed and disillusioned tribesmen from the Sunni triangle, the area that includes the cities of Ramadi and Falluja, where many powerful local tribal sheiks once thought they could work with the invading Americans.

"The first day the American forces entered the province, we went and negotiated with great hopes and expectations due to what we had heard about America and its democracy," says Sheik Zeidan, who controlled 20,000 men. The U.S. military kicked Zeidan out of the country last year and has refused to negotiate with or pay court to many of these tribal leaders.

Then there are the foreign fighters, most notably Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

How many foreign fighters are in Iraq?
    [b]Surprisingly few, numbering perhaps 500 to 1,500.[/b]

What should we most be worried about?
    Three things. First, even though numbers are hard to come by, you can measure the strength of the insurgency by the number of attacks. Although there was a lull around the time of the Iraq election last January, the attacks have increased since then. "I believe that resistance is not confined to certain persons or organizations. Resistance is now the prevailing culture in Iraq," Sheik Zeidan says.

The youth wants immediate results therefore he will join al Qaeda to inflict most harm against the enemy.
    -- Abu Omar, insurgent leaderSecond, and perhaps more worrying, is that al Qaeda no longer seems to be made up of foreign fighters. Abu Omar, the insurgent leader, says he welcomes al Qaeda fighters, but stresses that the [b]resistance is Iraqi.[/b]

Here's an article from last week for you which relates to your South African story:

Sunni Factions Split With Al-Qaeda Group

[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/13/AR2007041300294_pf.html[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]I'll define the enemy, as soon as you define the enemy (since you own Dems clearly agree there IS an enemy) AND define how you make "the war at this stage can only be won diplomatically, politically and economically" come true. Specificly, not in general meaningless platitutes like "lets talk to them".[/QUOTE]

if you haven't seen nor realized that militiary action clearly isn't solving the problem and that other options are our only hope for anything remotely resembling success (or at least not complete and utter... dare I say, miserable failure) what's the point in explaining it to you

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=asuusa]Huh?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by asuusa
    double duh to you--[B]we're not fighting Iraq[/B], but the insurgency most of which is aligned with AQ.[/QUOTE]

I believe that you posted that message