Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who cares we are in debt to CHINA.....

Who cares we are in debt to CHINA.....

As a country we will continue to ignore any gov't actions we are in business with.

[QUOTE][B]Mr Wang was arrested after distributing online articles calling for democratic reform and a multiparty system in China via Yahoo! sites in 2000 and 2001.
    China is a communiist country and look what happens if you try to speak out and want a democracy.[/B]

Wang Xiaoning, who is serving a 10-year sentence in China, and his wife, Yu Ling, who is currently in San Francisco, are seeking damages and an injunction barring Yahoo! from identifying political opponents to the Chinese authorities[/QUOTE][url]http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/technology/article1678306.ece[/url]

[QUOTE=cr726]As a country we will continue to ignore any gov't actions we are in business with.

[url]http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/technology/article1678306.ece[/url][/QUOTE]

Cr, I thought that we were for democratic reform?

[QUOTE]Mr Wang was arrested after distributing online articles calling for democratic reform and a multiparty system in China via Yahoo! sites in 2000 and 2001. His suit contends that Yahoo!s Hong Kong office provided police in China with information that linked him to the postings. Mr Wang was arrested in September 2002 and says he was beaten while in detention. [/QUOTE]

Like Mr. Reagan said "There he goes (thinking) again"

[QUOTE=cr726]As a country we will continue to ignore any gov't actions we are in business with.

[url]http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/technology/article1678306.ece[/url][/QUOTE]

Set an example for us and stop buying oil.

Thanks for proving my point. Ignorance is BLISS.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound]Set an example for us and stop buying oil.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726]Thanks for proving my point. Ignorance is BLISS.[/QUOTE]
    What am I ignorant of?

Exactly.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound]What am I ignorant of?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726]Exactly.[/QUOTE]

Call me when you don't want to avoid the question anymore.

Ignorance is a lack of knowledge, or a willful lack of desire to improve the efficiency, merit, effectiveness or usefulness of one's actions. Ignorance is also a
    [SIZE=3][B]"state of being ignorant"[/B][/SIZE] or unaware (not knowing).

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound]Call me when you don't want to avoid the question anymore.[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

and the ignorant just get dumber by the second.....

[QUOTE][B]Democracy reform call rising in China
    April 20, 2007, 09:16 PM[/B]

BEJING, China, April 20 (UPI) Talk of democratic reforms no longer appears muted in China with articles on such reforms appearing frequently in state-run media and publications.

The International Herald Tribune notes the country's academic experts and retiring leaders have written numerous commentaries on reform of the communist political system, including a call for adopting something similar to Switzerland's worker-friendly, democratic governing style.

The Tribune report, quoting two Communist party officials, said clearance has been given for publishing the pro-democratic thoughts of Lu Dingyi, a veteran of the Long March.

During last week's visits to Japan and South Korea, Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao promised to take steps toward political openness.

To be sure, China is not about ready to adopt Western-style democracy. However, the report said that by allowing some open political discussion, Chinese leaders from President Hu Jintao down are trying to show themselves as being open-minded to ideas aimed at improving governance and reducing corruption.

[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.imedinews.ge/en/news_read/34643[/url]

Oh boy, a promise of attempting to be open-minded at improving governance. Wow, tell that to Mr. Wang, I am sure the Chinese gov't is looking into his case.

[QUOTE]To be sure, China is not about ready to adopt Western-style democracy. However, the report said that [B]by allowing some open political discussion[/B], Chinese leaders from President Hu Jintao down are trying to show themselves as being open-minded to ideas aimed at improving governance and reducing corruption.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726]Ignorance is a lack of knowledge, or a willful lack of desire to improve the efficiency, merit, effectiveness or usefulness of one's actions. Ignorance is also a
    [SIZE=3][B]"state of being ignorant"[/B][/SIZE] or unaware (not knowing).[/QUOTE]
    I know what ignorance means. That wasn't what I asked. Way to avoid the question.

What I did ask (and you knew it the first time) was: What am I ignorant about?

Will I have to ask a third time? Feel free to answer at any point.

What does China have to do with the use of oil?

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound]I know what ignorance means. That wasn't what I asked. Way to avoid the question.

What I did ask (and you knew it the first time) was: What am I ignorant about?

Will I have to ask a third time? Feel free to answer at any point.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726]What does China have to do with the use of oil?[/QUOTE]

Ah, answering a question with a question. Nice - why do you repeatedly dodge questions?

As for China... you said "As a country we will continue to ignore any gov't actions we are in business with."

As a consumer, do you ignore government actions we are in business with? That's my point.

Now, it's your turn. What am I ignorant about?

You chose to ignore the entire original post and ask a question about what you felt was an easier topic?

You want to compare the price of bottled water with the price of a gallon of gasoline? I don't have to buy bottled water I have a another option, I can use the tap water in my home.

I didn't choose oil, I have to use what is available.

You avoid all subject matter with your own agenda.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound]Ah, answering a question with a question. Nice - why do you repeatedly dodge questions?

As for China... you said "As a country we will continue to ignore any gov't actions we are in business with."

As a consumer, do you ignore government actions we are in business with? That's my point.

Now, it's your turn. What am I ignorant about?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726]You chose to ignore the entire original post and ask a question about what you felt was an easier topic?

You want to compare the price of bottled water with the price of a gallon of gasoline? I don't have to buy bottled water I have a another option, I can use the tap water in my home.

I didn't choose oil, I have to use what is available.

You avoid all subject matter with your own agenda.[/QUOTE]
    Where did I compare water to oil? Quote me.

I'm not ignoring the article, I'm pointing out your hypocrisy. You do choose to buy oil. Life would not be comfortable without it, but surely, you would survive. Don't give me the "I don't choose oil" garbage.

And again, I'm still waiting to hear what I'm ignorant about. Don't make claims if you can't back them up.

If I was a single man with no one to support you would have a point. But being I have family who actually needs to eat that oil thing that you would like me to do is BS.

You want to bet if Iraq was lending us money like China we wouldn't think Sadam was that bad of guy.

China is a Communist country who is enabling the problems in Darfur, but we ignore that because we need them to keep lending us money. Where is the hypocrisy in that?

Your igorance shines through when you want to automatically bring up something like the use of oil instead of what the post was intended. You want to make a better argument for yourself.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound]Where did I compare water to oil? Quote me.

I'm not ignoring the article, I'm pointing out your hypocrisy. You do choose to buy oil. Life would not be comfortable without it, but surely, you would survive. Don't give me the "I don't choose oil" garbage.

And again, I'm still waiting to hear what I'm ignorant about. Don't make claims if you can't back them up.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726]If I was a single man with no one to support you would have a point. But being I have family who actually needs to eat that oil thing that you would like me to do is BS.

You want to bet if Iraq was lending us money like China we wouldn't think Sadam was that bad of guy.

China is a Communist country who is enabling the problems in Darfur, but we ignore that because we need them to keep lending us money. Where is the hypocrisy in that?

Your igorance shines through when you want to automatically bring up something like the use of oil instead of what the post was intended. You want to make a better argument for yourself.[/QUOTE]

The Chinese also helped us negiotate a deal with NK on Nukes. France is a democracy that stands in the way of US foreign policy all the time. The reason we went to war with Sadam is he no longer was an assett to our foreign policy and became a danger to our economy and our people.

The cold war is over, China while a dictatorship, and in some cases brutal is also moving toward a more open society. How is isolating China or cutting them off going to benifit the US?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I gotta admit, I'm a little bit confused.....

The topic Title Talks of "Debt to China".....

The Article itself talks about a Chineese Freedom Fighter......

And the Article also talks about Yahoo! Hong Cong (A Private Company) helping the Chineese catch said Freedom Fighter......

And of course it discusses that American Companies in China are required to follow Chineese Law......and that the Congress has called some comapnies to task for doing so.

So what does that have to with "Debt" to China, and what does that have to do with the U.S. Govt.? Matter of fact, other than Yahoo, etc. following Chineese Law (the requirement for them to be in that market), what is the problem here??

While I support Democratic supporters in China, and don;t like the idea that they are being tortured, what exactly was the point being made vis a vis the U.S. and Debt?

Sorry, this one flew right over my head I guess....

[QUOTE=cr726]If I was a single man with no one to support you would have a point. But being I have family who actually needs to eat that oil thing that you would like me to do is BS.

Your igorance shines through when you want to automatically bring up something like the use of oil instead of what the post was intended. You want to make a better argument for yourself.[/QUOTE]

And they don't HAVE to use oil, either. It just makes their lives a hell of a lot easier. You want to come down on our government for making deals with corrupt governments? Fine - but you and I do the same thing every day as well. That's my point.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish]While I support Democratic supporters in China, and don;t like the idea that they are being tortured, what exactly was the point being made vis a vis the U.S. and Debt?

Sorry, this one flew right over my head I guess....[/QUOTE]

The US companies enabling China to terrorise it's own citizens is akin to the Oil for Food program giving Saddam the financial resources to terrorise his citizens.

We are guilty of a double standard. Sanctions against Saddam for being a douche bag...nothing against China for the same reasons. Why not? Because sanctioning Saddam didn't hurt us economically, whereas doing the same thing to China would severely cripple the US economy.

Someday, this will bite us in the foot. Much like us training Bin Laden did. Or propping up Saddam did. Or overthrowing the democratically elected govt of Iran and replacing it with the Shah did....we are our own worst enemy.