Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT- How 'Bout Them Red Sox!!!

Veteran

OT- How 'Bout Them Red Sox!!!

The Yanks strong line-up are DESTROYING our starting pitching! When all is said and done though..........THAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YANKEES LOSE!

Gotta LOVE it!

Dice-K tonight! See ya in PRIMETIME!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Lantern 80
    The Yanks strong line-up are DESTROYING our starting pitching! When all is said and done though..........THAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YANKEES LOSE!

Gotta LOVE it!

lol, that might just be the most annoying sports call in history...........even worse than that idiot who screams.....GGGGOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLL at the soccer games.

Hall Of Fame
    All I have to say is: I'm disgusted.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SMC

All I have to say is: It's April.

although i love the red sox, there clearly is a mlb talk section of this board.......see ya in there

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I think the honeymoon's long gone with Torre for Yankee fans. The guy's been managing on a sub-par level in recent years. That loss on Friday is one of the most poorly managed games I can remember watching in the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    Not to worry...Yanks will be healthy by September and the Sux will do their usual "fold like a summer beach chair" routine by then...to be honest, I didn't expect much throwing two rookies and a patched up lineup going into Fenway this weekend. This isn't a sprint like the NFL...it's a long season.

i no i cant get enough of yankees losing nothing better than the biggest choke in mlb history losing 4 straight in the alcs it was worth 86 years for that to happen

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet
    All I have to say is: It's April.
    I'm a Sox fan,and I know how true that is

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NIGHT STALKER
    Not to worry...Yanks will be healthy by September and the Sux will do their usual "fold like a summer beach chair" routine by then...to be honest, I didn't expect much throwing two rookies and a patched up lineup going into Fenway this weekend. This isn't a sprint like the NFL...it's a long season.
    I agree, they'll be fine, they're the YANKEES for pete's sake, they always find their way. However, once the postseason rolls around, eventually they're going to need to outpitch teams, and Torre's going to have to start managing games better.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Lantern 80

Gotta LOVE it!

1 championship in 88 years keep flapping your gums.....the choke sox are more known for their years of losing then the footnote of winning one championship...what a bunch of losers!

We will see in october when the sux fans are home watching the yanks win another WS

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    lol, that might just be the most annoying sports call in history...........even worse than that idiot who screams.....GGGGOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLL at the soccer games.
    So damn true. That guy is a joke and if he announced for the Mets I would petition the FO and/or SNY to dump him.

That said, The soxs better not be thinking they can hang the banner just yet.

As the old song goes "The Yanks Are Coming and they won't be home till it's over, over there".....

All League
    I'm a Sox fan, but I don't get "into" the season until AFTER the trade dead line passes. The Yankees are definitely hurting in their pitching even with Wong and Messina HEALTHY. However who knows what pitching will be available in trades, and I think THIS year the Yankees will offer the world to pick up good pitching at the trade deadline. So what happens now is less relavent because the teams we see on the field now might be radically DIFFERENT come July.

AND while I think it would be fitting for Roger Clemens to end his career in Boston, I DON'T think the Yankees will let that happen. I think they will offer more than he's worth to the Sox who will have John Lester ready to come back to be the 5th starter around that time.

The Yankees clearly have the best hitting lineup in the league and having a good lefty is more important to beating them, than the nostagia of a Clemens return for ridiculous money.

BTW- although these games ARE important, Sox fans remember that they took 6 or the first 7 games from the Yankees LAST season....and we all know how THAT turned out.

BOTTOM LINE - Long term health is going to be the key to success for both teams. The Sox have the pitching, the Yankees have the hitting. However, if the Sox pitching can remain healthy, I think THEY are the team to beat. If they have injuries like last year, then I don't believe they have the hitting to make up for it.

The Yankees should remain competitive because their hitting is so good, they can win a lot of games even when their staff give up 6 or 7 runs.
    However if both teams reach the Playoff then the advantage definitely swings in the Sox favor. Good pitching usually wins in a short series.

For me, I'll check back in July to see how things stand and make my evaluations then. In the meantime all this Sox talk is amusing but its interupting my consentration on the draft
    Last edited by patsfanken; 04-22-2007 at 12:36 PM.

Veteran
    How can a fan of the New York Jets call themselves a Sox fan?? The New England Patriots and the Boston Redsox are my two least favorite teams being a Jet/Yankee fan. The Mets are my second favorite team though. How can you cheer for a team in the same state as the effin Patriots?? New York is suppose to be against New England/Boston for obvious reasons. I have a theory though.. most so-called Sox fans are just Met fans who had no team to root for in most post seasons so they went Sox to be against the Yankees. I know a lot of people who do that I'm not just making it up. If the Yankees sucked next year and didn't make the post season I'd cheer the Mets on all the way. Just giving my opinion.

All League
    Beat your chests defeating the likes of Karstens and Wright tonight.

I'd be worrying about Schilling, he looks like garbage and Beckett still has a 2 cent head with his million dollar arm.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    AGREEDED !!!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NE_PATS_FAN_54
    although i love the red sox, there clearly is a mlb talk section of this board.......see ya in there
    You'll be by yourself. Have fun.

All League
    Torre has been making some strange decisions... but eventually, it comes down to the pitching.

Clemens will be in pinstripes sooner than later, and hopefully, Phil Hughes will be in the bigs before we know it. Throw in one more trade and the staff will be set.

All League
    Please move this trash to the appropriate forum