Thread: Devils Beat Lightning

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Devils Beat Lightning

3 straight wins . I think the lightning, for us, were a much tougher opponent than the Senators will be. This is a huge relief for me. Our next big challenge will probably be Buffalo in the conference finals.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice win against a team with its back against the wall. Ottawa is a very physical team so it should be a tough series for both teams.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolGreen222
    3 straight wins . I think the lightning, for us, were a much tougher opponent than the Senators will be. This is a huge relief for me. Our next big challenge will probably be Buffalo in the conference finals.
    I agree. I think besides Buffalo, Tampa Bay was the toughest matchup we could have got in the first round. I think we will beat the Sens in 6 games at the most.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolGreen222
    I think you're kidding yourself on that one. First of all, Ray Emery is a much better goaltender than Johan Holmqvist. Much better. Secondly, Ottawa has a much more potent offense and a stingier defense than do the Lightning. Not to mention that Ottawa is a more physical team than the Lightning. The Devils are in for it as are the Rangers. Second round for both teams will be very difficult.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy
    I think you're kidding yourself on that one. First of all, Ray Emery is a much better goaltender than Johan Holmqvist. Much better. Secondly, Ottawa has a much more potent offense and a stingier defense than do the Lightning. Not to mention that Ottawa is a more physical team than the Lightning. The Devils are in for it as are the Rangers. Second round for both teams will be very difficult.
    I agree that the Ottawa has a stingier defense, but I don't think their offense will give us more problems than Lecavalier and St. Louis.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be there saturday nite. Anyone else?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88
    I agree that the Ottawa has a stingier defense, but I don't think their offense will give us more problems than Lecavalier and St. Louis.
    You ARE aware that only Buffalo scored more goals than Ottawa this year? And Heatley and Spezza and Co. are quite formidable. Tampa Bay does not have the depth that Ottawa has. I think you're kidding yourself if you think that Ottawa will be an easier series than was the one with Tampa Bay just as I would be foolish to think that Buffalo will be easier than Atlanta.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You ARE aware that only Buffalo scored more goals than Ottawa this year? And Heatley and Spezza and Co. are quite formidable. Tampa Bay does not have the depth that Ottawa has. I think you're kidding yourself if you think that Ottawa will be an easier series than was the one with Tampa Bay just as I would be foolish to think that Buffalo will be easier than Atlanta.
    I agree with everything you said here. Ottawa will be an extremely tough opponent for the Devs......

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    TB was a much tougher matchup. They led the season series 3-1, the same # we took the one vs Ottawa by.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    TB was a much tougher matchup. They led the season series 3-1, the same # we took the one vs Ottawa by.
    And Atlanta took the season series from the Rangers and we saw how much that meant to Atlanta in the 1st round. The playoffs are a new season. Hey, you can tell yourself anything you want. You can believe anything you want. I have no problem with that. I'm just trying to help you get grounded here. I obviously disagree that Ottawa will be an easier series for the Devils.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    And Atlanta took the season series from the Rangers and we saw how much that meant to Atlanta in the 1st round. The playoffs are a new season. Hey, you can tell yourself anything you want. You can believe anything you want. I have no problem with that. I'm just trying to help you get grounded here. I obviously disagree that Ottawa will be an easier series for the Devils.
    Those 2 teams were heading in opposite directions by season's end. Devs have been fairly consitent despite the injuries. No, I don't think this will be a cakewalk.
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 04-23-2007 at 11:15 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Say hello to the fans in attendance for me!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be there. Just bought my tix.