Hall Of Fame
    I can't tell Supe.

Who do you root for??

whens game 1

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp
    whens game 1
    Hasn't been decided yet.

All Pro
    The Sabres are a better team but they have no one who can cover Jarg...at all. If he goes off, we are going to win and I hate saying that because I dont want to get my hopes up. Our improved defense needs to tighten up in front of the net also because Buffalo attacks the net better than anyone in the NHL.

Hall Of Fame

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Question for Sabres fans.....do you think Peters will be dressed for this series?

The Rangers have been dressing Colton Orr and Im guessing will also try to play a physical game to slow the Buffalo speed down. Wouldn't mind seeing a couple of Peters/Orr tilts over the next few games.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino
    Question for Sabres fans.....do you think Peters will be dressed for this series?

The Rangers have been dressing Colton Orr and Im guessing will also try to play a physical game to slow the Buffalo speed down. Wouldn't mind seeing a couple of Peters/Orr tilts over the next few games.

I doubt it...Look for the same line-up, with the exception of possibly
    Paille or Paetsch getting suited up in the event of injuries.

Peters won't see the ice...we have more than capable people to handle the toughness should it get out of hand...I can think of a certain rookie that wears # 21 that can pretty much take care of that situation.

The Rangers are playing hot right now...but that is all they are playing. They are going to seriously step up their defense for this series, because they haven't seen the net attacked like they will for this series....with the exception of the 4 games we played them this year (4-0)....Also keeping in mind that we played Weekes for a couple of those games, I still think the matchup swings in our favor.

Assuming that Jagr, Nylander, Hossa, Malik and Rozsival are all on one line, which I am pretty sure they are, 10 of the 17 NYR goals this offseason have come from that line. It looks to me that if you can keep that line on ice, you can beat the Rangers.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken O'Brien #7
    Peters won't see the ice...we have more than capable people to handle the toughness should it get out of hand...I can think of a certain rookie that wears # 21 that can pretty much take care of that situation.

The Rangers are playing hot right now...but that is all they are playing. They are going to seriously step up their defense for this series, because they haven't seen the net attacked like they will for this series....with the exception of the 4 games we played them this year (4-0)....Also keeping in mind that we played Weekes for a couple of those games, I still think the matchup swings in our favor.

Assuming that Jagr, Nylander, Hossa, Malik and Rozsival are all on one line, which I am pretty sure they are, 10 of the 17 NYR goals this offseason have come from that line. It looks to me that if you can keep that line on ice, you can beat the Rangers.
    It was 3 of the 4 actually

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy
    It was 3 of the 4 actually

Not to mention all 4 games were early in the season and before Avery came to town.....This is a completely different Ranger team......3 of the 4 games also went into overtime so the 4-0 record is not as dominant as it may seem ....

Quote Originally Posted by jetsmetsrangers
    Not to mention all 4 games were early in the season and before Avery came to town.....This is a completely different Ranger team......3 of the 4 games also went into overtime so the 4-0 record is not as dominant as it may seem ....
    Perhaps, but it will take the whole team to win 4 of 7 from this Sabres team. One line plus Avery won't get it done.

Good luck, and may the best team win...

Perhaps, but it will take the whole team to win 4 of 7 from this Sabres team. One line plus Avery won't get it done.

Good luck, and may the best team win...

Agreed, I am not knocking the Sabres, The Rangers will have to be at the top of their game to win the series......Looking forward to a great series

Veteran
    I saw today that versus is carrying half of these games. Great job by the
    NHL shutting out the few fans it has left. Guess I'll just watch baseball--thanks Buttman.

Quote Originally Posted by sect112row36
    I saw today that versus is carrying half of these games. Great job by the
    NHL shutting out the few fans it has left. Guess I'll just watch baseball--thanks Buttman.
    They aren't going to carry them on MSG? I assumed since it was the Rangers/Sabres network that they would carry that game....even last round when Vs. had the game they were also played on FSNY...

All Pro
    They aren't going to carry them on MSG? I assumed since it was the Rangers/Sabres network that they would carry that game....even last round when Vs. had the game they were also played on FSNY...
    It makes no sense unless after the 1st round Versus/NBC has exclusive rights to the games with no local coverage. I'm not sure if thats the case though, I do the know that the 1st two games of the finals are on Versus and 3-7 are on NBC.

Veteran
    Damn it's not over yet....2 more years it will not be around

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by manmrmoore
    This coming from the guy who clicked on the NHL forum. Douche.

Quote Originally Posted by manmrmoore
    If you don't care about hockey don't go to the NHL fourm.