Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Translator wanted

Translator wanted

[B][I]“America cannot meet the threats of this century alone, but the world cannot meet them without America. We must neither retreat from the world nor try to bully it into submission — we must lead the world, by deed and example.”[/I][/B]

- Barack Hussein Obama, using his mouth to makes noise, April 2007.

[Url=http://www.anklebitingpundits.com/content/index.php?p=2098]Much more here[/Url]

[I]And of course he ends with what can only be described as something he must have picked up from a therapy session.

[B]We must do so not in the spirit of a patron, but the spirit of a partner – a partner that is mindful of its own imperfections. Extending an outstretched hand to these states must ultimately be more than just a matter of expedience or even charity. It must be about recognizing the inherent equality and worth of all people. And it’s about showing the world that America stands for something – that we can still lead[/B]

Dear Jesus. We have to “be mindful of our own imperfections”. Will that make the world like us better?

And I guess the part about “recognizing the inherent equality and worth of all people” doesn’t extend to the Iraqis or the unborn.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - if not for the color of his skin Obama wouldn’t even rate a first look as a serious Presidential contender. Really, what has he ever done to make anyone think he’s qualified to run this country?

And as this speech shows, he’s long on rhetoric and short on specifics, but what’s worse is that he doesn’t get the real threat - radical Islam. Further, he thinks that America is part of the problem. But, really, that doesn’t make him any different than anyone else in his party running for President - even those that are more qualified than him.

But really, what can you expect from a guy who tries to compare the violence inherent in the murder of 32 people by a lunatic and the genocide in Darful to the “violence” of outsourcing and the words of a low-rated disc jockey. [/I]
    Last edited by sackdance; 04-23-2007 at 05:45 PM.

“America cannot meet the threats of this century alone, but the world cannot meet them without America. We must neither retreat from the world nor try to bully it into submission — we must lead the world, by deed and example.”

Translation: I do not want to appear soft on terrorism so I will say something vague that is non-committal to anything pro or anti war.

Jets Insider VIP
    [IMG]http://www.simpsonet.com/images/scheda/cletus.gif[/IMG]

I's only understands "brings 'em on" when having the speech on terra'.
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 04-23-2007 at 09:20 PM.

Sounds like he is sitting on the fence!

All Pro
    He sounds like a very intelligent man who understands objectivity and its dire need in today's American politics.

[QUOTE=parafly]He sounds like a very intelligent man who understands objectivity and its dire need in today's American politics.[/QUOTE]

LOL

You're kidding, right? It's one thing to pretend to not be biased, but to call this empty rhetoric fluff intelligent is ridiculous. None of it means anything, there's no content behind it.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=pauliec]LOL

You're kidding, right? It's one thing to pretend to not be biased, but to call this empty rhetoric fluff intelligent is ridiculous. None of it means anything, there's no content behind it.[/QUOTE]

"America cannot meet the threats of this century alone, but the world cannot meet them without America. We must neither retreat from the world nor try to bully it into submission — we must lead the world, by deed and example."

I disagree. There is alot of content in the quote above. If our current President had a view of the world even remotely close to what is stated here, we would not be in a complete mess in Iraq right now. He should be praised for understanding that a subtle balance is necessary in this fight against a hateful ideology, and that we can't do it alone.

[QUOTE=parafly]"America cannot meet the threats of this century alone, but the world cannot meet them without America. We must neither retreat from the world nor try to bully it into submission — we must lead the world, by deed and example."

I disagree. There is alot of content in the quote above. If our current President had a view of the world even remotely close to what is stated here, we would not be in a complete mess in Iraq right now. He should be praised for understanding that a subtle balance is necessary in this fight against a hateful ideology, and that we can't do it alone.[/QUOTE]

No, there's no content there. He's not preaching a "subtle balance", he's just taking a non-position so he doesn't alienate anyone right now in his young campaign. Obviously it worked on you, though. I hope that people come to find out about Obama that behind the pretty face and the big smile and the eloquent grammar, there's nothing there. Zilcho.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=pauliec]No, there's no content there. He's not preaching a "subtle balance", he's just taking a non-position so he doesn't alienate anyone right now in his young campaign. Obviously it worked on you, though. I hope that people come to find out about Obama that behind the pretty face and the big smile and the eloquent grammar, there's nothing there. Zilcho.[/QUOTE]

How dare he speak in shades of gray. Everyone knows that all issues are either black or white. :rolleyes:

What do you expect from any candidate at this stage in the race? He's not going to come out and outline his entire detailed approach to foreign policy in a meaning less speech 18 months before the election. His general feelings couldn't be more direct, and at this point in the game, that's all he needs to do.

[QUOTE=parafly]"America cannot meet the threats of this century alone, but the world cannot meet them without America. We must neither retreat from the world nor try to bully it into submission — we must lead the world, by deed and example."

I disagree. There is alot of content in the quote above. If our current President had a view of the world even remotely close to what is stated here, we would not be in a complete mess in Iraq right now. He should be praised for understanding that a subtle balance is necessary in this fight against a hateful ideology, and that we can't do it alone.[/QUOTE]
    Absolute zero content. It's insulting, even.

Essentially he says: [I]We cannot do it alone. The world cannot do it without us. We cannot retreat. We cannot engage - we must lead through action. [/I]

Give me a fuggin' break.

All Pro
    We cannot do it alone. - True
    The world cannot do it without us. - True
    We cannot retreat. - I disagree
    We cannot engage. - He didn't say that.
    We must lead through action. - True

What would you consider as "content" from a Presidential candidate 18 months before the election?

Veteran
    This is empty political drivel (we should not..., however we also should not...., we must lead / come together/ be victorious, etc) used by almost all politicians conservative to liberal.

gop'ers are threatened by barack and with good reason

as the Shrillary train loses steam, i suspect there will be alot of barack-o-bashing around here

[QUOTE=bitonti]gop'ers are threatened by barack and with good reason

as the Shrillary train loses steam, i suspect there will be alot of barack-o-bashing around here[/QUOTE]

Well, please don't view me as being an intimidated Barack O'Basher. I've been bashing his inexperience and hollow rhetoric since Day 1.

[QUOTE=bitonti]gop'ers are threatened by barack and with good reason

as the Shrillary train loses steam, i suspect there will be alot of barack-o-bashing around here[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding?

The Republican candidate will mop the floor with inexperienced Hussein Obama... If he gets that far.

[QUOTE=parafly]We cannot do it alone. - True
    [B]The world cannot do it without us. - True
    We cannot retreat. - I disagree[/B]
    We cannot engage. - He didn't say that.
    We must lead through action. - True

What would you consider as "content" from a Presidential candidate 18 months before the election?[/QUOTE]

Certainly not that.

Check out what I bolded, you make less sense than Obama.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sackdance]Certainly not that.

Check out what I bolded, you make less sense than Obama.[/QUOTE]

A military presence is not the only option. Try again.

[QUOTE=parafly]A military presence is not the only option. Try again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, right. Dialog dialog dialog. Just like that courageous Nancy Pelosi. She certainly accomplished much more than a photo op... right?

Oh right, she completely ****ed up Syria's message to Israel and vice versa.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=pauliec]Yeah, right. Dialog dialog dialog. Just like that courageous Nancy Pelosi. She certainly accomplished much more than a photo op... right?

Oh right, she completely ****ed up Syria's message to Israel and vice versa.[/QUOTE]

Dialog is a part of it, but definitely NOT the only option to pursue.

In regard to Pelosi, I read somewhere that Condi will be meeting up with leaders from key nations in the area including Syria and Iran in the near future. Perhaps Pelosi's visit was insignificant in your eyes, but there is a good chance that her actions have opened up a new set of diplomatic options for the future.

[QUOTE=parafly]Dialog is a part of it, but definitely NOT the only option to pursue.

In regard to Pelosi, I read somewhere that Condi will be meeting up with leaders from key nations in the area including Syria and Iran in the near future. Perhaps Pelosi's visit was insignificant in your eyes, but there is a good chance that her actions have opened up a new set of diplomatic options for the future.[/QUOTE]

So Pelosi is the reason that the Secretary of State of traveling to meet foreign leaders abroad? What a brilliant precedent she set.