Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NBC to Fire Alec Baldwin From 30 Rock

Hall Of Fame

NBC to Fire Alec Baldwin From 30 Rock

Any serious person would agree that angrily calling your daughter a pig (twice) is worse than an off-color joke said in humor about the future lawyers and doctors of the Rutgers Womens Hoops team.

But since it took NBC nine days to discover that what Imus said was a shocking and fireable offense, I'm certain that by this time next week NBC will similiarly have uncovered its revulsion of Alec's comments and will act accordingly.

Because I'm equally certain NBC wants to be consistent on the issues.

I'm likely to be away next Monday.
    Can someone please post this link when the announcement is made on the Internet...or announced on NBC Nightly News and Meet the Press and Hardball and Countdown et al.

I haven't been around a TV but I'm confident all these shows are currently giving this outrage the 24/7 coverage it merits.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Phoenixx; 04-24-2007 at 01:42 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    He said it to his daughter over the phone in a private conversation.

Imus said what he did on the public airways.

And calling your daughter a pig isn't worse than what Imus said. Are modern day conservatives going to be a bigger bunch of PC police than idiot liberals?

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan]He said it to his daughter over the phone in a private conversation.

And calling your daughter a pig isn't worse than what Imus said. Are modern day conservatives going to be a bigger bunch of PC police than idiot liberals?[/QUOTE]
    I think it's worse - insulting your own daughter, who's still just a child, can affect her much more than someone idiot on the radio insulting people he didn't even know. Also, Imus was joking (albeit an offensive joke) while Alec was not.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound]I think it's worse - insulting your own daughter, who's still just a child, can affect her much more than someone idiot on the radio insulting people he didn't even know. Also, Imus was joking (albeit an offensive joke) while Alec was not.[/QUOTE]

And we wonder why our grandparents were the greatest generation. Their parents didn't worry about "insulting" their kids. Any kid who is "damaged" because of an insult coming from a moron parent is probebly gonna end up and moron adult themselves. Bunch of wussies people are raising today.

Besides, it was a private conversation. Nobody is gonna talk about the assh*le wife who is using the dudes daughter as leverage.

[QUOTE=Phoenixx]Any serious person would agree that angrily calling your daughter a pig (twice) is worse than an off-color joke said in humor about the future lawyers and doctors of the Rutgers Womens Hoops team.
    [/QUOTE]
    No way.

First off, that whole tape was ridiculous. If that wasn't Alec Baldwin and we heard that tape, we'd conclude it was merely some jerky dad yelling at his daughter, big deal. No one would demand to know his name or his place of work to have him fired.

The really, really bad act was whoever brought that message to the media. Very, very bad.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan]And we wonder why our grandparents were the greatest generation. Their parents didn't worry about "insulting" their kids. Any kid who is "damaged" because of an insult coming from a moron parent is probebly gonna end up and moron adult themselves. Bunch of wussies people are raising today.

Besides, it was a private conversation. Nobody is gonna talk about the assh*le wife who is using the dudes daughter as leverage.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious?

What Baldwin did, by today's standards (as laid forth mostly by Liberals) is called CHILD ABUSE. Remember, verbal/psychological abuse is just as bad, say these same liberals, as a punch to the nose.

So I would certainly expect every voice from the Left on this board to support Phoenixx's message here, and agree that Baldwin should indeed be terminated by his Network.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan]He said it to his daughter over the phone in a private conversation.

And calling your daughter a pig isn't worse than what Imus said. Are modern day conservatives going to be a bigger bunch of PC police than idiot liberals?[/QUOTE]

you're kidding me right??

a shock jock continuing what has been three decades of insulting people of all kinds is worse than the tirade baldwin left for his daughter???

that's a joke.....

Banned
    Neither Imus nor Baldwin should have been fired. This country is so out of control with worrying about people's feelings that it's sickening.

What we've learned in the past month:

- You can't joke around anymore.
    - A father cannot chastise his children.

When are we going to finally smarten up and round up all the lawyers and shoot them?

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan]And we wonder why our grandparents were the greatest generation. Their parents didn't worry about "insulting" their kids. Any kid who is "damaged" because of an insult coming from a moron parent is probebly gonna end up and moron adult themselves. Bunch of wussies people are raising today.

Besides, it was a private conversation. Nobody is gonna talk about the assh*le wife who is using the dudes daughter as leverage.[/QUOTE]
    Neither should have anything happen to them as a result of their words - but what Alec did was terrible parenting. You can be a strong and tough parent without insulting your kid. That provides no value and can be damaging to the child.

All Pro
    A little strict and aggressive parenting is exactly what today's American society and culture needs. His choice of words was inappropriate, but the public has no way of gauging the context of the message.

Neither Imus nor Baldwin should lose their jobs.
    Last edited by parafly; 04-24-2007 at 09:14 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan]Are modern day conservatives going to be a bigger bunch of PC police than idiot liberals?[/QUOTE]

Um, he's getting fired by NBC. Which is synonymous with idiot liberals.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sourceworx]Neither Imus nor Baldwin should have been fired. This country is so out of control with worrying about people's feelings that it's sickening.

What we've learned in the past month:

- You can't joke around anymore.
    - A father cannot chastise his children.

[B]When are we going to finally smarten up and round up all the lawyers and shoot them?[/B][/QUOTE]
    You get smarter and smarter every day. See what a great influence I am? :D

Please, Baldwin's not going to be fired. His wife is the bigger piece of scum for releasing that tape to the media.

For a minute I thought this thread was for real, I really like 30 Rock.

Banned
    [QUOTE=freestater]You get smarter and smarter every day. See what a great influence I am? :D[/QUOTE]

You've certainly had your influence, I'll give you that. You've made me the racist that I am :D

But as far as the lawyers go, I've never liked them. My friend is in law school right now, and I've been calling him a scumbag ever since he started it.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=pauliec]His wife is the bigger piece of scum for releasing that tape to the media...[/QUOTE]

She does seem like kind of a b*tch, doesn't she?

I'm not condoning what he said. But he called her a pig. Big freaking deal. My Dad used to beat me with a branch off of a Forsythia bush. That hurts more than the word "Pig"....

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan]She does seem like kind of a b*tch, doesn't she?

I'm not condoning what he said. But he called her a pig. Big freaking deal. My Dad used to beat me with a branch off of a Forsythia bush. That hurts more than the word "Pig"....[/QUOTE]
    And yet, it's still not right, no how many examples we can find that are worse. Bad parenting should be a big deal.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound]And yet, it's still not right, no how many examples we can find that are worse. Bad parenting should be a big deal.[/QUOTE]

Easy bro. My father wasn't a bad parent. It was just a different day and time when I was growing up. Back then, all kids who acted out of line got the back of the hand, a switch or a belt. Nowadays, kids get "time outs" and a stern "talking to" by their parents. And then they grow up with little or no respect for authority.

Calling your daughter a "pig" is not bad parenting. Calling your daughter a b*tch or a c**t would be. He said "[B]I'm gonna fly over there on the 20th so I can't straighten you out and show you what a rude little pig you have become[/B]."

Ohhhhhhhh...I bet she is shaking in her boots, huh? I bet this just so HORRIBLY emotionally traumatized her!

I think the Village should get custody.

there's a key difference here that Imus publically displayed his ugliness, Baldwin was recorded and exposed. Imus was trying to be funny, Baldwin was trying (and probably failing) to be a dad in the privacy of his own life.

by the way who exactly decides whether verbal child abuse is better or worse than public racism?