Thread: 335K more jobs for this "rotten" economy

335K more jobs for this "rotten" economy

[url=ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/news.release/History/empsit.04062007.news] source [/url]

Let's see, 146.3 million employed? That's 12.8 million more than at the end of the Clinton recession in Jan '02.

And 1.2 million more than the labor force grew.

Yup, W's economy sucks! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=asuusa][url=ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/news.release/History/empsit.04062007.news] source [/url]

Let's see, 146.3 million employed? That's 12.8 million more than at the end of the Clinton recession in Jan '02.

And 1.2 million more than the labor force grew.

Yup, W's economy sucks! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Does this take into consideration the multiple-millions of illegal/undocumented foreign nationals currently working in America?

employement numbers in general are a joke. the IEC employment standards result in higher but more legitimate numbers. Im supoosed to believe that just because someone stopped looking for a job they are not unemployed?

[QUOTE=bitonti] Im supoosed to believe that just because someone stopped looking for a job they are not unemployed?[/QUOTE]

Why not?

You believed it during the Clintonista Administration....

Veteran
    [QUOTE=bitonti]employement numbers in general are a joke. the IEC employment standards result in higher but more legitimate numbers. Im supoosed to believe that just because someone stopped looking for a job they are not unemployed?[/QUOTE]

you are confusing the non farm payroll report with the unemployment rate. I believe asuusa was talking about nonfarm payrolls

I havent looked up the data recently but I believe the labour participation rate is higher now too. Ill research that and get back to everyone here

[QUOTE=Warfish]Does this take into consideration the multiple-millions of illegal/undocumented foreign nationals currently working in America?[/QUOTE]

I don't know, but if they're included in data from employers used for these stats, then probably so!