Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Potentially Habitable Planet Found

All Pro

Potentially Habitable Planet Found

[url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/technology/technology.html?in_article_id=450467&in_page_id=1965[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Cool! I can start throwing my Styrofoam coffee cups out my car window again..... :D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Does it harbor a fully-evolved civilization, or are there still liberals there?

How do we know it's not already occupied? This could be an alarmingly amazing discovery.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=shakin318]Does it harbor a fully-evolved civilization, or are there still liberals there?[/QUOTE]

:D awesome

Al Gore said there is Global Warming there!

[QUOTE=shakin318]Does it harbor a fully-evolved civilization, or are there still liberals there?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, there's just liberals there.....

[img]http://www.avclub.com/content/files/images/planet-of-the-apes.article.jpg[/img]

key to note:

[quote]
    William Hill said it had shortened the odds on proving the existence of extraterrestrial intelligence from 1,000-1 to 100-1.
    [/quote]

if you want to know what's up, ask a bookie

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Wonder if it has Oil? Or Gold? Or Diamonds? 20-ish Light Years for an entire plent-ful of new Oil Reserves, Gold Deposits and Diamond Fields.....for the first Nation/State/Corporation to get there (and perhaps kill off the indiginous life)?

Wanna bet how fast Almost-Light Space Travel gets invented for THAT?

[QUOTE=Warfish]Wonder if it has Oil? Or Gold? Or Diamonds? 20-ish Light Years for an entire plent-ful of new Oil Reserves, Gold Deposits and Diamond Fields.....for the first Nation/State/Corporation to get there (and perhaps kill off the indiginous life)?

Wanna bet how fast Almost-Light Space Travel gets invented for THAT?[/QUOTE]

the Moon has all the same natural resources the Earth has (besides oil) and even some the earth doesn't have like Helium-3. Countries like China are making plans to go back there permanently for that specific reason.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=bitonti]the Moon has all the same natural resources the Earth has (besides oil) and even some the earth doesn't have like Helium-3. Countries like China are making plans to go back there permanently for that specific reason.[/QUOTE]

Of course they are. Why wouldn't they?

[QUOTE=Warfish]Of course they are. Why wouldn't they?[/QUOTE]

because they aren't distracted by unwinnable wars in historically unstable regions.

[QUOTE=bitonti]the Moon has all the same natural resources the Earth has (besides oil) and even some the earth doesn't have like Helium-3. Countries like China are making plans to go back there permanently for that specific reason.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know the moon was covered with water

[QUOTE=pauliec]I didn't know the moon was covered with water[/QUOTE]

the moon is too cold for water but there is rumored to be ice under the surface

[QUOTE=pauliec]I didn't know the moon was covered with water[/QUOTE]

Or trees.....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=bitonti]because they aren't distracted by unwinnable wars in historically unstable regions.[/QUOTE]

Which brings us back to the fact the Moon doesn;t have what we need most, Oil.

And your implication, that if we weren't in Iraq we'd own the Moon right now, is kinda silly.

[QUOTE=Warfish]Which brings us back to the fact the Moon doesn;t have what we need most, Oil.

And your implication, that if we weren't in Iraq we'd own the Moon right now, is kinda silly.[/QUOTE]

maybe you believe it is a supply problem but i believe it is a demand problem

Banned
    F*k the moon, we need to get to this planet, Establish it as America 2 ( america junior is already taken by canada) force democracy on its inhabitants, and rob its oil....

not an Iraq comment, we should seriosly do this, also, that since they estimated it has almost twice earths gravity, anyone one who goes there will in time become Jacked from living in that enviorment... Dragon ball Z gravity training Style
    Last edited by Boricua; 04-25-2007 at 04:05 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=bitonti]maybe you believe it is a supply problem but i believe it is a demand problem[/QUOTE]

Really? You think if we had an endless supply of oil (i.e. supply side is fine within the US) you still think we'd want MORE than that, and would be involved overseas in cnflicts like IRaq for more oil (Demand side not so fine)?

If you say so Bit ol' friend.

[QUOTE=Warfish]Really? You think if we had an endless supply of oil (i.e. supply side is fine within the US) you still think we'd want MORE than that, and would be involved overseas in cnflicts like IRaq for more oil (Demand side not so fine)?

If you say so Bit ol' friend.[/QUOTE]

i don't know how you got that from my comments. I believe that the problem is we our economy and security are compromised by our demand of foreign energy sources.