Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Rosie Odonnell Is Classy

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Rosie Odonnell Is Classy

April 24, 2007 -- ROSIE O'Donnell's blue humor made faces red when she emceed the Matrix Awards in front of 2,000 feting New York's most accomplished women in media at the Waldorf-Astoria Grand Ballroom yesterday.

The loose-lipped lesbian dropped the F-bomb as Barbara Walters lowered her head on the dais and covered her face with her hand. O'Donnell concluded a rant about Donald Trump by grabbing her crotch and shouting, "Eat me!"

O'Donnell also said she was sad when Trump called her "disgusting" and "fat" because, "it was always my dream to give an old, bald billionaire a boner."

The annual luncheon of N.Y. Women in Communications - which honored Cindy Adams, Meredith Vieira, Joan Didion, Susan Lyne, Arianna Huffington and Lisa Caputo, among others - featured as presenters News Corp. Chairman Rupert Murdoch, Joy Behar, Nora Ephron, Martha Stewart and Sen. Hillary Clinton.

Also on hand were 17 sweet-faced high school girls who won scholarships to pursue their dreams of careers in media.

"I was offended by how vulgar and common O'Donnell was," said Robert Zimmerman, a Democrat active in progressive causes. "It was especially inappropriate with young people present."

Brandon Holley, editor-in-chief of Jane magazine, said, "I wasn't personally offended, but I thought it was fun to watch other people be offended."

"I cringed and dove under the table when she said, 'Eat me,' " said one woman attendee who declined to be identified.

Among those in the crowd were Judith Giuliani, her predecessor Donna Hanover, Judge Judy Sheindlin, Helen Gurley Brown, Sue Simmons, Geri Laybourne of Oxygen Media, Jane Friedman of HarperCollins, and Hearst president Cathie Black.

O'Donnell's publicist, Cindi Berger, told us: "When you ask for Rosie, you know what you're getting. She's not a shrinking violet. She's a stand-up comedienne. She says things that are provocative."

N.Y. Women in Communications was evidently happy with O'Donnell. The group's managing director, Beth Ellen Keyes, sent an e-mail to her handlers saying, "Rosie was fabulous. Please let Rosie know how much we appreciated her being there. She was just great."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This fight with her and Trump are classic. Trump said that she came to his wedding and 'ate like a pig' :yes: :yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    ABC is not renewing her contract. Bye Bye Rosie!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure Rosie is standing up for Alec Baldwin....

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you have a chance, go to her blog (rosie.com) and watch her video that was posted yesterday morning. It's a video blog of her in the car on her way to work (sans makeup) answering questions from her "fans".

It's a good video if you are trying to induce vomiting.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    She gets angrier and angrier every day. I swear, it's like someone kicked her in the nuts or something.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    C'mon this is a funny line

[QUOTE=BronxDan]
    O'Donnell also said she was sad when Trump called her "disgusting" and "fat" because, "it was always my dream to give an old, bald billionaire a boner."

"[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    She is a rich comedian, man who cares what she thinks or says.

The real loser in this will be Fox News, what are they going to lead off with every night? They might actually start following the President around again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan]ABC is not renewing her contract. Bye Bye Rosie![/QUOTE]

Actually, ABC offered her a 3 year contract and she only wnated one year. Thats why she is leaving.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Actually, ABC offered her a 3 year contract and she only wnated one year. Thats why she is leaving.[/QUOTE]

She wanted 1 year, 10 million dollars. Not even Carl Pavano is getting paid that much to sit on his ass and waste everyone's time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Imus was doing exactly that for the same money. It is pathetic.

[QUOTE=pauliec]She wanted 1 year, 10 million dollars. Not even Carl Pavano is getting paid that much to sit on his ass and waste everyone's time.[/QUOTE]