Thread: Rangers Sabres TV Schedule

Veteran

Rangers Sabres TV Schedule

Got this off of the MSG forum:

Game 1 will be televised exclusively on the Versus network. MSG will air Game 2 for viewers in the New York market with Versus picking up a national feed. Game 3 will air on NBC, while Game 4 will also be shown exclusively on Versus.

In addition to Game 2, MSG will broadcast Games 5 and 7 of the series if such games are necessary. All of the MSG games will air on Versus for out-of-market viewers.

According to this if you dont have Vs, youre not watching the game.
    I will be watching baseball then with my kids. Way to go NHL!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by sect112row36
    Got this off of the MSG forum:

Game 1 will be televised exclusively on the Versus network. MSG will air Game 2 for viewers in the New York market with Versus picking up a national feed. Game 3 will air on NBC, while Game 4 will also be shown exclusively on Versus.

In addition to Game 2, MSG will broadcast Games 5 and 7 of the series if such games are necessary. All of the MSG games will air on Versus for out-of-market viewers.

According to this if you dont have Vs, youre not watching the game.
    I will be watching baseball then with my kids. Way to go NHL!
    That's really bizarre. What changes from game 1 to game 2 that allows MSG to carry game 2 but not game 1?

Terrible job by the NHL (assuming they are the ones to make that decision). As much as I think Dolan is scum, Im surprised he didn't make a bigger stink about this.

anybody know what channel Versus is on DirecTV?

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp
    anybody know what channel Versus is on DirecTV?

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino
    That's really bizarre. What changes from game 1 to game 2 that allows MSG to carry game 2 but not game 1?

Terrible job by the NHL (assuming they are the ones to make that decision). As much as I think Dolan is scum, Im surprised he didn't make a bigger stink about this.
    Agreed...Mind boggling decision by the NHL...in a world where hockey is barely considered a "Major" sport anymore, they should be letting any channel that wants to play the games broadcast them. The best thing that can happen to hockey is that more people get to see the product on the ice and learn the game. For me, growing up in Buffalo, it wasn't hard to like hockey...it was always around. But living here in central PA, hockey fans are almost non-existant...which is a shame, because less than 30 mins from here are the Calder Cup Champion Hershey Bears, who appear poised to make another long playoff run this year.

A shame indeed...