Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mike pelfrey

Banned

mike pelfrey

it's starting to look like he definitely needs to go down to the minors to work until he is ready...............because he doesn't look major league ready

his changeup needs work

his breaking ball needs help

he has lost the movement on his fastball

i think there comes a time when you can't let the guy work on this stuff at the expense of the team

if it were last year and the mets were 6 games ahead already, then maybe you give the guy a little more leeway

but the braves are right there with us, and we can't afford to be throwing away games until this guy comes around...

thing is, what are our options?

chan ho park?

phil humber?

i don't know that humber is ready either, and park is very uninspiring, but at least he's shown that he can be successful at the major league level....

good news is that 1-4 our rotation looks to be ok

we need pedro back in the worst way

Undrafted Free Agent
    No, he just sucks. Just put Humber he's way better. Or trade Pelfrey for a ok prospect pitcher. I cant stand Pelfrey. I think he would be another Solar.

All League
    Said it earlier the guy doesn't belong in the pros. All Mr. Manbager is doing is lowering his trade value. We derserve to lose another game if they let him start again.

Hall Of Fame
    Guys he is our best option right now. Id rather have Pelfrey develop while losing instead of having Chan Ho just losing with no potential. Pelfrey was pretty awesome in spring training. He deserves at least a few more starts before we start saying whether or not he should be sent down.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ Fan18
    No, he just sucks. Just put Humber he's way better. Or trade Pelfrey for a ok prospect pitcher. I cant stand Pelfrey. I think he would be another Solar.
    This statement is so out of this world ridiculous. You think Pelfrey isn;t major league ready and you want Humber up here? That is comical. Pelfrey isn't another Soler, he is just a rookie.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet
    Said it earlier the guy doesn't belong in the pros. All Mr. Manbager is doing is lowering his trade value. We derserve to lose another game if they let him start again.
    agree. Sometimes i want Scott Kazmir back.

1.Pedro
    2.Tom
    3.Maine
    4.Perez
    5.Kazmir

We will have a awsome 5 .

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ruby2glocks
    Guys he is our best option right now. Id rather have Pelfrey develop while losing instead of having Chan Ho just losing with no potential. Pelfrey was pretty awesome in spring training. He deserves at least a few more starts before we start saying whether or not he should be sent down.

i can understand wanting him to develop, but if he doesn't show improvement in his next start at all, then i think we have to look at other options. we are neck and neck with a good braves team, and we can't affor dto throw away too many games while waiting to see if this guy has it or not.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    i can understand wanting him to develop, but if he doesn't show improvement in his next start at all, then i think we have to look at other options. we are neck and neck with a good braves team, and we can't affor dto throw away too many games while waiting to see if this guy has it or not.
    So do you honestly think Chan Ho gives us a better chance to win?

Hall Of Fame

1.Pedro
    2.Tom
    3.Maine
    4.Perez
    5.Kazmir

Kazmir would be our #1 if he were a Met, but that ship has LOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG sailed.

Undrafted Free Agent
    well yea. Pelfrey just love to threw fastball noting else. I just want to get a good pitcher or start Humber. Lets Get CC we will trade some our pitching prospect and maybe a good hitter.

Hall Of Fame
    well yea. Pelfrey just love to threw fastball noting else. I just want to get a good pitcher or start Humber. Lets Get CC we will trade some our pitching prospect and maybe a good hitter.
    Again, Humber isn't even close to pitching in the big leagues.

Hall Of Fame
    Pelfrey is choking and needs time to adjust. He supposedly has major league stuff but is choking big time. It has happened to the best hitters and pitcher when the first come up. Hopefully he loses his stage fright in a hurry.

Hall Of Fame
    you just started watching baseball 2 days ago didnt you?

Humber >>> Pelfrey

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato
    Humber >>> Pelfrey
    Can You say Chan Ho Park? He's got a huge ERA, but is 3-1 down on the farm. Milledge has a bruised foot.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...=t588&sid=t588

All Pro

1.Pedro
    2.Tom
    3.Maine
    4.Perez
    5.Kazmir

LMAO. Kazmir would definitely be your number 1 right now. Do you even know who Scott Kazmir is?

You do realize that Pelfrey EASILY beat out Humber for the 5th starter spot (as did Chan Ho Park) right?

Pelfrey has been struggling with his control and secondary pitches, but he has shown the potential to be a very, very good pitcher in due time.

All League
    I seriously think that our FO has other options than to continue letting this rookie self destruct. When is enough, enough?? He should be 0-3 and is 0-2, is 0-5 the standard?? Why not let him develop in the minors rather than continuing this comedy...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet
    I seriously think that our FO has other options than to continue letting this rookie self destruct. When is enough, enough?? He should be 0-3 and is 0-2, is 0-5 the standard?? Why not let him develop in the minors rather than continuing this comedy...
    Ok, so what are those other options? If there is a better option out there I am all for it, but right now there simply isn't. Maybe Minaya will pull off a trade in the future but i don't see that happening quite yet.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    Reality Check: Kyle Davies (0-1, 6.19 ERA) and Mark Redman (0-3, 10.13 ERA) are just as bad as Pelfrey (0-2, 7.90 ERA) is pitching right now.

Every team has a guy at the back end of their rotation who isn't performing well, that's part of baseball as there are not enough quality arms for teams (Blame expansion and the fact that pitching staffs are much deeper then they were 20-30 years ago). Just ask the Red Sox (Julian Tavarez 0-2, 8.36 ERA), the Yankees (Kei Igawa 1-1, 7.84 ERA), the Phillies (Adam Eaton 2-1, 6.46 ERA), need I go on?

The big difference here though is that Mike Pelfrey is regarded as one of the Top pitching prospects in the game, and while he may or may not be ready, we have enough breathing room to give him the chance to mature and work hand-in-hand with Rick Peterson (Which is what he needs, not some trip down to AAA) and gain some experiance because every other team in the league has an option just as bad as Pelfrey has been right now. He will improve as the year goes on, he's too good not to.

Honestly, who are we going to call up? Our best option right now is probably Jorge Sosa and his 1.38 at New Orleans, but seeing him pitch in the Major Leagues again is a very scary thought. Vargas, Humber, and Bostick are all good in New Orleans so far, but there are similar questions of if they are ready to sniff the Major Leagues and their numbers are good but not great, and while Chan Ho Park is 3-1, he has an ERA of 7.29.