Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: patience

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

patience

how ironic that Bush is preaching patience to the American people now that the war is an absolute abortion.

It wasn't too long ago he was against patience, specifically the patience to allow UN Inspectors to do their job.

oh how the tables have turned

lesson learned? patience should be exercised before you squeeze all the toothpaste out of the tube, not afterward while trying to get it back in there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you see Jon Stewart the other night? He did a whole piece on this exact subject with edits from Bush's speeches before the war telling how we have no patience for the inspections and how this must be done NOW, and his comments now how the American people must be patient with the progress in Iraq.

If it wasn't so sad it would have been funny.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]Did you see Jon Stewart the other night? [/QUOTE]

i did, that's what got me thinking about it - 'that's the George Bush I remember, he was one crazy m*********r'

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    12 years of inspections weren't enough?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets5ever]12 years of inspections weren't enough?[/QUOTE]

apparently not. Before teh war we needed to oust saddam. Now we have to stay in Iraq to counteract the instability brought on by the fall of Saddam.

we would have been better off if the war never started in iraq.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The people of Iraq are better off, especially the Shia's who were victims of a mass murderer. But I guess that doesn't count! If we pull out like the Demoquits want the whole area will become a war zone! Is that what you want? Use your head! PLZ!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Step #1: Install 100 Small-Yield Nuclear Weapons with Remote Detonation abillity deep under the ground in key points in Iraq (or at least say you did so).

Step #2: Tell Iraq (and Iran) that if things go other than how we want (i.e. Peace and Dmeocracy), then we won't come back.....we'll just level the entire Nation.

Step #3: Leave.

If only the world could be that easy.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]
    If only the world could be that easy.....[/QUOTE]

it would have been alot easier if we never went.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]it would have been alot easier if we never went.[/QUOTE]

But we are there like it or not. The major problem I see with GW is that he is not a good speaker and doesn't feel comfortable in front of the cameras. That my friend is a major problem to over come! Besides Cheney and Rumsfeld!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan]But we are there like it or not. [/QUOTE]

someone should pay for this mistake

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You mean the inspections that actually showed there were no WMD's in Iraq? The whole process actually worked.

This Administration came into office determined to attack Iraq no matter what. 5 people made sure of it, Wolfawitz, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Scooter and Bush. They told everyone the CIA and FBI don't know sh!t, we know Iraq is a huge threat and we will attack.

[QUOTE=jets5ever]12 years of inspections weren't enough?[/QUOTE]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you said it best when you said....

[QUOTE=bitonti]yeah and if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle[/QUOTE]

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]how ironic that Bush is preaching patience to the American people now that the war is an absolute abortion.

It wasn't too long ago he was against patience, specifically the patience to allow UN Inspectors to do their job.

oh how the tables have turned

lesson learned? patience should be exercised before you squeeze all the toothpaste out of the tube, not afterward while trying to get it back in there.[/QUOTE]

Now that we are knee deep in the pig sh!t Mr. Bush has realized that foreign policy issues all don't fall into neat little black and white boxes that can be resolved with 15 minutes of debate. Some of our enemies have legitimate gripes and some of our friends have done some terrible things. So it goes.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]I think you said it best when you said....[/QUOTE]

not the same

we can wish there were unlimited oil underneath America, that's different than wishing we didn't go to Iraq. Someone made the poor decision in the latter it wasn't uncontrollable, like locations where the dinosaurs died to create oil reserves.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

I find it funny how positively you say this...

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you going to be like Jetdawgg is with Olbermann now and post whatever Jon Stewart talks about?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec]Are you going to be like Jetdawgg is with Olbermann now and post whatever Jon Stewart talks about?[/QUOTE]

classic con thinking, ignore the statement and attack the source. i know stewart is a comedian but the point is valid. bush preaches patience now but not when it counted.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]classic con thinking, ignore the statement and attack the source. i know stewart is a comedian but the point is valid. bush preaches patience now but not when it counted.[/QUOTE]

The point really isn't valid, [I]because [/I]Jon Stewart is a comedian. It's easy and simplistic to draw comparisons like this for a laugh, but essentially the two the situations really can't compare to one another.

On one hand you're talking about a dictator who routinely ignored and/or refused cooperation with a global organization for years; on the other hand you're talking about a military strategy that is only 2.5 months old. I agree, we've been there too long, but again, it's not a valid political commentary.

This is the "humor" behind the Daily Show. Stewart plays a snipper of a Bush speech, usually taken out of context, and then Stewart stares at the camera while the audience laughs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think getting rid of Saddam was a very good idea - frankly I think most of the world would have been behind Bush and his government if they had of just come out and said it: "We're getting rid of Saddam because he is a bad man who has done bad things to his country." Rather than the B.S. excuse of WMD's.

However, even the WMD excuse for invading would have been acceptable to most if the occupation had of been executed correctly. At the end of the day it wasn't which leads us to where the country is today; certain personalities within the Bush government are largely to blame, as is Bush who let them get away with it while he was in charge.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Black Death]I think getting rid of Saddam was a very good idea - frankly I think most of the world would have been behind Bush and his government if they had of just come out and said it: "We're getting rid of Saddam because he is a bad man who has done bad things to his country." Rather than the B.S. excuse of WMD's.

However, even the WMD excuse for invading would have been acceptable to most if the occupation had of been executed correctly. At the end of the day it wasn't which leads us to where the country is today; certain personalities within the Bush government are largely to blame, as is Bush who let them get away with it while he was in charge.[/QUOTE]

I disagree.

Getting rid of Saddam would be a good idea [I]only[/I] if you have an alternative that is acceptable to the Iraqis (sunni, shia, and kurds) and puts the USA in a better position in the ME (ie not strengthen Iran's influence in the ME).