Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Various Topic: Yankees, Mel Kiper, and Alan Branch

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,856

    Various Topic: Yankees, Mel Kiper, and Alan Branch

    1) Yankees get swept by the BoSox and every media person in America flips out and starts talking about how much trouble they are in. Last time I checked the season is 162 games and the Yankees play the Red Sox 16 more times.....And the season series is always 10-9 one way or another. Do us all a favor and go find out why Mo looks like he's done....stop seeding propaganda. Yankees are fine.

    2) Philip Hughes starts tonight. The 20 year old righty has an electric repertoire of pitches. If you have time and like baseball, it should be entertaining.......Check it out.....

    3) Mel Kiper and all the pre-draft speculation is bull**** used by the NFL to generate interest. Kiper's always wrong as are numerous mock drafts everywhere. These forums are more useful than any of those guys. I wish they would shut up too. It's getting obnoxious....Brady Quinn is apparently going to be drafted between picks 1 and 32....WOW THEY GET PAID FOR THIS....THANKS!!!!

    4) I like Alan Branch. He's big and could move DRob to DE, where his high motor could actually be used to create real pressure. Even if Branch never has a statistically good year, if he has half-way skilled and athletic, then he could be a long-time answer for us. He's almost worth trading up for......

  2. #2
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9
    2) Philip Hughes starts tonight. The 20 year old righty has an electric repertoire of pitches. If you have time and like baseball, it should be entertaining.......Check it out.....
    I like that..."electric repertoire"...sounds like a french sex toy.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,856
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2
    I like that..."electric repertoire"...sounds like a french sex toy.
    It is a French Sex toy that also happens to Strike Out Red Sox.

  4. #4
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9
    It is a French Sex toy that also happens to Strike Out Red Sox.
    when did he do that?

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    947
    The Yankees got swept by the Sox and the DEVIL RAYS.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Quote Originally Posted by nico002
    The Yankees got swept by the Sox and the DEVIL RAYS.
    The Yankees won 26 World Championships.

    What's your point?

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    947
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    The Yankees won 26 World Championships.

    What's your point?
    That they wont win one this year.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,928
    the sad part about the Yankees poor start is that Torre will be on the hot seat and that is not fair....those stories will start swirling soon I am sure!!

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    22,746
    Quote Originally Posted by nico002
    The Yankees got swept by the Sox and the DEVIL RAYS.
    The Yanks get swept by the D-Rays just about every year at some point. It's April.

    No self-respecting baseball fan would ever call a race on April 26th.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    947
    Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod
    The Yanks get swept by the D-Rays just about every year at some point. It's April.

    No self-respecting yankee fan would ever call a race on April 26th.
    that I can agree with.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    22,746
    Quote Originally Posted by nico002
    that I can agree with.
    Man, this is some of the weakest trash talking I've ever seen.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    If you excuse me I am going to go create Phil Hughes on my MLB 2K5!

    He is going to have dominating stuff!

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    If you excuse me I am going to go create Phil Hughes on my MLB 2K5!

    He is going to have dominating stuff!

    Wow wait till he pitches a major league game before you start giving him

    cy-young votes. Rookie hype is just that, hype. Let him have a full season in

    the majors before any judgments are passed.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Valley Stream, N.Y.
    Posts
    2,969
    Two seasons ago the Yankees were 11-19 (I think) through early May, got swept by the K.C. Royals early on, and hilarity ensued. Come October, that same dogsh*it team was in the Playoffs. I'm a 42-year Mets fan, by the way, but I laugh at how some fans never understand how long a baseball season actually is, and how much changes between April and September.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,284
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9

    4) I like Alan Branch. He's big and could move DRob to DE, where his high motor could actually be used to create real pressure. Even if Branch never has a statistically good year, if he has half-way skilled and athletic, then he could be a long-time answer for us. He's almost worth trading up for......
    I agreee with you on Branch. I don't get the productivity concerns. He was the anchor of the nation's best run defense. If opposing lines could move him, Michigan would have given up more than 3 ypc, and they didn't. If he falls to receiver-starved Dallas at No. 22, we should use J-Mac to move up and get him. The chart says that move should cost 60 points, or a mid-to-late 4th rounder -- which is about J-Mac's value, imo.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    The Yankees won 26 World Championships.

    What's your point?
    That is the worst argument that a fan of any team can use (Yes, Yankee fans do it the most for obvious reasons, but this goes for everyone)...Whenever one has to say "Well we have won (insert # of championships here) you know you have them beat, because what weight does that hold in an argument? To all the Jets/Yankee fans over here,whenver a Pats fan uses the 3 super bowl argument, isn't there always responses such as "Well it won't happen this year", or things of that nature? Its the SAME exact thing when you try to use it, your using the same type of arguments that you are always fighting against. All that matters in current sports debates are the here and now, not what happened last year, or any other year. If you argue with a Cardinals fan over whose better, the world series argument will no doubt come up, but that obviously has some sort of effect on the Cardinals standing of 5th in the NL Central, now doesn't it? Or last year, Pittsburgh Steeler fans: "Well we have won 5 Super Bowls"....that doesn't seem to matter when the team is at home watching the Colts win it now does it? Don't get me wrong, I'm a Mets fan, but in no means do i knock the Yankees at all. I'm just saying, when people are going to talk smack, come back with something logical. We all know getting swept by the BoSox and D-Rays mean as much right now as the media predicting who the Jets are drafting on saturday, caus the Yankees start out slow every year anyway.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Quote Originally Posted by unchartedm0nkey
    That is the worst argument that a fan of any team can use (Yes, Yankee fans do it the most for obvious reasons, but this goes for everyone)...Whenever one has to say "Well we have won (insert # of championships here) you know you have them beat, because what weight does that hold in an argument? To all the Jets/Yankee fans over here,whenver a Pats fan uses the 3 super bowl argument, isn't there always responses such as "Well it won't happen this year", or things of that nature? Its the SAME exact thing when you try to use it, your using the same type of arguments that you are always fighting against. All that matters in current sports debates are the here and now, not what happened last year, or any other year. If you argue with a Cardinals fan over whose better, the world series argument will no doubt come up, but that obviously has some sort of effect on the Cardinals standing of 5th in the NL Central, now doesn't it? Or last year, Pittsburgh Steeler fans: "Well we have won 5 Super Bowls"....that doesn't seem to matter when the team is at home watching the Colts win it now does it? Don't get me wrong, I'm a Mets fan, but in no means do i knock the Yankees at all. I'm just saying, when people are going to talk smack, come back with something logical. We all know getting swept by the BoSox and D-Rays mean as much right now as the media predicting who the Jets are drafting on saturday, caus the Yankees start out slow every year anyway.
    I was being a bit cheeky. I gave a ridiculous response to a ridiculous post.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza
    Wow wait till he pitches a major league game before you start giving him

    cy-young votes. Rookie hype is just that, hype. Let him have a full season in

    the majors before any judgments are passed.
    Hold on there fella. I was being sarcastic.

    I was going to create a player with all high stats.

    That is what I was referring to when I said his stuff was going to be dominating.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 04-26-2007 at 03:47 PM.

  19. #19
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by unchartedm0nkey
    That is the worst argument that a fan of any team can use (Yes, Yankee fans do it the most for obvious reasons, but this goes for everyone)...Whenever one has to say "Well we have won (insert # of championships here) you know you have them beat, because what weight does that hold in an argument? To all the Jets/Yankee fans over here,whenver a Pats fan uses the 3 super bowl argument, isn't there always responses such as "Well it won't happen this year", or things of that nature? Its the SAME exact thing when you try to use it, your using the same type of arguments that you are always fighting against. All that matters in current sports debates are the here and now, not what happened last year, or any other year. If you argue with a Cardinals fan over whose better, the world series argument will no doubt come up, but that obviously has some sort of effect on the Cardinals standing of 5th in the NL Central, now doesn't it? Or last year, Pittsburgh Steeler fans: "Well we have won 5 Super Bowls"....that doesn't seem to matter when the team is at home watching the Colts win it now does it? Don't get me wrong, I'm a Mets fan, but in no means do i knock the Yankees at all. I'm just saying, when people are going to talk smack, come back with something logical. We all know getting swept by the BoSox and D-Rays mean as much right now as the media predicting who the Jets are drafting on saturday, caus the Yankees start out slow every year anyway.
    Nice argument. But isn't possessing 26 world championships a bit more impressive than possessing 3 world championships, the difference being 23 more championships and therefore making these circumstances a tempting subject for an argument for those fans of the team with the 26 championships? Just food for thought.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,192
    Quote Originally Posted by parkwayjet1
    Two seasons ago the Yankees were 11-19 (I think) through early May, got swept by the K.C. Royals early on, and hilarity ensued. Come October, that same dogsh*it team was in the Playoffs. I'm a 42-year Mets fan, by the way, but I laugh at how some fans never understand how long a baseball season actually is, and how much changes between April and September.
    Exactly. Aside from the 98 Yankees, every team has a 5 or 6 game losing streak at least once a year. As it stands, if they pick up 1 game a month on the Sox, they'll win the division.

    Now, when your bullpen is on pace to be burned out by May 15th, that is some cause for alarm.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us