Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Devils vs. Senators Thread

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88
    I'm confident we will come back strong in game 2 and hopefully Elias will be playing. Devils outplayed them 2 of the 3 periods but came up short.
    LET'S GO DEVILS!!!
    They played very un-Devil-like in the 1st period. This team dosen't make so many mistakes in their own zone, so I'm writing this one off. Elias will make the difference saturday. I'll try and do my part with the vocals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken O'Brien #7
    Why do you get all defensive and cocky when someone throws a shot at your team? You even get defensive and cocky about things that have nothing to do with your team, like the whole WoodyPaige and the Rangers thing last night.

Not to mention, that I edited my post to say the Devils were on a comeback later on...I made my comment based on the way the game was going at the time, and then edited it after a period or so...I am a neutral party, and personally, I don't care who wins your series. I was making my comments because I am a hockey fan, and the Devils were getting the **** kicked out of them in the first. They came back strong, and gave a great effort late, but it wasn't enough tonight. They will have to be better in game two early to beat a good Ottawa team.
    Dude, you take a select line out of a post I made and try to rip on it..as if you "knew" better.

If you're going to try to post in such a way that you "know" better about what's going to happen, you better be ready to back that **** up. Don't talk if you can't back it up or be prepared to admit you were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life
    Dude, you take a select line out of a post I made and try to rip on it..as if you "knew" better.

If you're going to try to post in such a way that you "know" better about what's going to happen, you better be ready to back that **** up. Don't talk if you can't back it up or be prepared to admit you were wrong.
    I did back it up. They lost. They played better in the 2nd and 3rd, but the abortion that was the first period ultimately cost them the game...Had the Devils come back to win, I would have come back and said what a great comeback it was when their backs were against the wall. And I admitted I was wrong about my comment about an hour later when I said the Devils were clawing back...

Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    They played very un-Devil-like in the 1st period. This team dosen't make so many mistakes in their own zone, so I'm writing this one off. Elias will make the difference saturday. I'll try and do my part with the vocals.
    Yea me too, I'll also be at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88
    Yea me too, I'll also be at the game.
    Man...I wish I could get to a Sabres game in this postseason...I had wanted to go, but the whole losing my job thing kind of put a stop to that...

Enjoy being there in person...and remember, for every fan that gets to be there, they are representing 10 other fans that are sitting in a driveway listening to a game on a "snowy" radio. Make them proud.

Man...I wish I could get to a Sabres game in this postseason...I had wanted to go, but the whole losing my job thing kind of put a stop to that...

Enjoy being there in person...and remember, for every fan that gets to be there, they are representing 10 other fans that are sitting in a driveway listening to a game on a "snowy" radio. Make them proud.
    Yea I hear ya. Going to a hockey game is great.

Devils hockey...

Looking to get someone pissed off

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    Devils hockey...

Hope you enjoyed another ****ty year from your hockey team. Mine is still playing games.

Edit: Go **** yourself

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    Looking to get someone pissed off
    Why should we be pissed? We root for a winning team after all. Great sig, too.

Veteran

Then you should be rooting for the Devs. There will be plenty of seats available if its Buf - NJ.

Hope you enjoyed another ****ty year from your hockey team. Mine is still playing games.

Edit: Go **** yourself
    Just what I had hoped for!

You are too easy!

GO SENS! (Kinda)

Quote Originally Posted by sect112row36
    Then you should be rooting for the Devs. There will be plenty of seats available if its Buf - NJ.
    lol...

Jets Insider VIP
    CoolGreen222:
    "I think the lightning, for us, were a much tougher opponent than the Senators will be."

DevsJetsYanks88:
    "I agree. I think besides Buffalo, Tampa Bay was the toughest matchup we could have got in the first round. I think we will beat the Sens in 6 games at the most."

"I agree that the Ottawa has a stingier defense, but I don't think their offense will give us more problems than Lecavalier and St. Louis."

JumbalayaJet:
    "TB was a much tougher matchup..."

I tried to tell you guys that the Sens were going to be tougher. Now I realize that one game does not win a series but you can't possibly still think that Tampa Bay was a tougher opponent? I also think the fact that the Devils made a game out of it should put the Senators on notice that they need to improve in game 2. Had it been a blowout, the Senators might have gotten over-confident. This is going to be a hellacious series.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Dosen't really matter how the matchup measures up if Marty stays in his funk. We have every right to be confident, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy
    CoolGreen222:
    "I think the lightning, for us, were a much tougher opponent than the Senators will be."

DevsJetsYanks88:
    "I agree. I think besides Buffalo, Tampa Bay was the toughest matchup we could have got in the first round. I think we will beat the Sens in 6 games at the most."

"I agree that the Ottawa has a stingier defense, but I don't think their offense will give us more problems than Lecavalier and St. Louis."

JumbalayaJet:
    "TB was a much tougher matchup..."

I tried to tell you guys that the Sens were going to be tougher. Now I realize that one game does not win a series but you can't possibly still think that Tampa Bay was a tougher opponent? I also think the fact that the Devils made a game out of it should put the Senators on notice that they need to improve in game 2. Had it been a blowout, the Senators might have gotten over-confident. This is going to be a hellacious series.

You do realize the lightning gave us fits too, right? Are the Senators a better team than the lightning? Yes.

Do they play the Devils as well as the Lightning? No.

Yes, this will be a hard fought series, but I think that the Lightning win was more impressive. Just an opinion.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolGreen222
    You do realize the lightning gave us fits too, right? Are the Senators a better team than the lightning? Yes.

Do they play the Devils as well as the Lightning? No.

Yes, this will be a hard fought series, but I think that the Lightning win was more impressive. Just an opinion.
    I wholly realize that's what you believe.

DEVILS WIN!!!!

What a goal by Langenbrunner!

1-1 and back to ottawa baby!!!!!!!!!

DEVILS WIN!!!!

1-1 and back to ottawa baby!!!!!!!!!
    Good win. How much where you sweating JFL?

man, that was rough. We needed to do better back at home.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

!!!!!
    He had 3 chances before that to put it away. This time he had noone to pass to.